Does anyone know who will carry the 2014 World Cup?

CarolinaJames

The way that a national English language newspaper (that dare not speak its name on TVisa) reports it, the True deal is available to those "who subscribe the package with HD quality". An interpretation of that depends on where you draw breath, but it could be read as possibly meaning you have to pay the premium to get their HD package. Looks like others have seen reference to it being available to Gold subscribers, so fingers crossed; I still have my Champions League Gold package thru' inertia and was going to cancel it last week until suddenly/surprisingly most of my favourite news, financial and current affairs programmes popped up back from 24 hour curfew!

God help anyone trying to buy a premium HD package on a timely basis from True if my suspicions are confirmed.

Amazing Thailand, but everything about this World Cup seems last minute.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way that a national English language newspaper (that dare not speak its name on TVisa) reports it, the True deal is available to those "who subscribe the package with HD quality". An interpretation of that depends on where you draw breath, but it could be read as possibly meaning you have to pay the premium to get their HD package. Looks like others have seen reference to it being available to Gold subscribers, so fingers crossed; I still have my Champions League Gold package thru' inertia and was going to cancel it last week until suddenly/surprisingly most of my favourite news, financial and current affairs programmes popped up back from 24 hour curfew!

God help anyone trying to buy a premium HD package on a timely basis from True if my suspicions are confirmed.

Amazing Thailand, but everything about this World Cup seems last minute.

No doubt True have had to pay a lot of money to acquire the rights from RS so why wouldn't they want to try to increase ther Premium/HD subscriber base? They're not a charity!

Has anyone managed to find out whether the world cup games being shown on True HD will have English commentary?

Now come on carmine, you and I both know that even if you got an answer now it would be the complete opposite come game time. Then they'd change it again.

thumbsup.gif

I've just started watching my RS coverage on Channel 333 (as described by an earlier poster) and I can see the World Cup being tough sledding, even forgetting the late-night schedule.

Surrounding the actual football will be a myriad of shows, called things like 'Inside World Cup' and 'World Cup A-Ha' which feature panels of young Thais who have been instructed to go all out to be zany and giggly, with the frequent intrusion of a small braying creature of indeterminate gender with an orange hairdo which Lucille Ball would have rejected as too outrageous.

Most of these shows feature the obligatory pretty young female in an Argentina shirt contributing to the sense of eternal fun. None of the presenters, as far as I can understand, knows the first thing about football -- maybe that's a Thai requirement.

Thai commentary I can deal with -- but the relentless, strained teenage wackiness is going to be tough to bear at 4.45am when your team is losing.....

• Like 2

I've just started watching my RS coverage on Channel 333 (as described by an earlier poster) and I can see the World Cup being tough sledding, even forgetting the late-night schedule.

Surrounding the actual football will be a myriad of shows, called things like 'Inside World Cup' and 'World Cup A-Ha' which feature panels of young Thais who have been instructed to go all out to be zany and giggly, with the frequent intrusion of a small braying creature of indeterminate gender with an orange hairdo which Lucille Ball would have rejected as too outrageous.

Most of these shows feature the obligatory pretty young female in an Argentina shirt contributing to the sense of eternal fun. None of the presenters, as far as I can understand, knows the first thing about football -- maybe that's a Thai requirement.

Thai commentary I can deal with -- but the relentless, strained teenage wackiness is going to be tough to bear at 4.45am when your team is losing.....

clap2.gif Sounds like Desi might have gone for it though.biggrin.png

I've got Sun channel also on my PSI box, showing WC Friendlies at the moment. Round about Channel 328.

Might be a question of flicking through channels, because it sounds like there will be coverage also on free Thai channels. Maybe, 3, 5, 7 ?

So long as the remote control doesn't go missing. smile.png

Maybe one of us expats could do some business producing the Definitive Guide to WC Football for Expats in LOS.

Maybe Thai Visa could do it?

don't know if this clarifies anything but where im currently staying (smith residence cnx) theres a sign saying all 64 games will be shown on truesport 3 and available to us in full HD ? i thought games were at the same time so yea not sure how accurate this is

don't know if this clarifies anything but where im currently staying (smith residence cnx) theres a sign saying all 64 games will be shown on truesport 3 and available to us in full HD ? i thought games were at the same time so yea not sure how accurate this is

Yes. All 64 games will be on TrueSports 3, or channel 668 if you have HD. Great news.

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Any ideas of a fixture list

The one linked is almost illegible from a pdf.

We only get Bangkok Post and thena day late

Also will the Thai tv 3.5.7.9.11 have any matches or repeats better in day time

Final question would like to get an English commentary

BBC Radio 5 blocked will any US or Oz Irsh S Fraican stations maye ave commentary to go with Thai pic

All links welcome

Any ideas of a fixture list

You can download a free Excel spreadsheet at http://www.soccerwallcharts.com/spreadsheet.html.

wc2014chart_zps2e70dd02.png

It has all the fixtures and times, and even a clever macro so that when you enter a score, the group tables get updated.

The times are originally set as GMT+1; you can change this to GMT+7 to get the correct Thai times (where I have drawn the black line.)

Thanks Rick.

• Like 1

Yes. All 64 games will be on TrueSports 3, or channel 668 if you have HD. Great news.

Well...I have the Gold package and HD box....had them for 2 years

Checking this morning.if I go to channe s mentioned all I get is'not available'

Is all this due to the True company changes I wonder. Do I need to register with Truevisionsgroup...at present Im still as I have been.since installation

Is all this due to the True company changes I wonder. Do I need to register with Truevisionsgroup...at present Im still as I have been.since installation

I'm the same, have the platinum package but still no 668. Not sure if it will become available today or tomorrow.

Has anyone actually got 668 working?

I'm the same, have the platinum package but still no 668. Not sure if it will become available today or tomorrow.

Probably an outmoded term these days but this used to be known as a clusterfuck.

• Like 1

It was fine for me yesterday. Just a message in HD, saying the World Cup would be on this channel. But I'm a Platinum subscriber.

I have the Gold package and Channel 668 is currently displaying information in Thai and English regarding coverage. It says all live matches will be shown on channel 668 in HD and channel 99 in SD. Concurrent matches 23rd June-26th June will be shown on Channel 678 HD.

There are details on www.facebook.com/truevisions

Edited by delboy

Has been free since 70, but amazing Thailand strikes again. Anybody know of schedule for the 22 free games? At least get some nights of sleep, looking on bright side...

Look back to page 4 on this thread... I think there is a link there. Brazil game is on FTA...England v Italy is not.

Any word on a short term contract with True ? As I remember, when I was overpaying for their garbage, there was a six month minimum contract. I've got a dish on the roof already.

Guess you are domestic. There are some horror stories out about commercial contracts (ie 30k start up fee to RS! In addition to the True fees). True seemed to have re-named themselves True Visions Group and you need to register with them. You need to contact them, make sure the package includes channels 668 and 678, and double check that no add ons to RS are on top.

1 year at 2k a month isn't too bad especially as you will get Champions League for next season and as much golf/Rugby as you need.

Any word on a short term contract with True ? As I remember, when I was overpaying for their garbage, there was a six month minimum contract. I've got a dish on the roof already.

Guess you are domestic. There are some horror stories out about commercial contracts (ie 30k start up fee to RS! In addition to the True fees). True seemed to have re-named themselves True Visions Group and you need to register with them. You need to contact them, make sure the package includes channels 668 and 678, and double check that no add ons to RS are on top.

1 year at 2k a month isn't too bad especially as you will get Champions League for next season and as much golf/Rugby as you need.

I was looking for a "contract" that ends when the WC ends.w00t.gif

I'm in Ladprao. Doesn't get much more domestic than that in BKK.biggrin.png

I'm having a TV "pro" look at my set up this afternoon and see if we can hide a terrace located RS dish from the condo association. No wonder there's so much nefarious activity in Thailand. They force you into it !

^Apparently True are offering a v good 6 month deal at the moment but doubt you will get a month contract. Ask them for the Supersports package only. Might be less than you think...even if you have it for 6 months.