The rich girls of the night

If you want to do the accounting properly, you need to factor in:-

1. The brevity of their career.

2. The lack of job security.

3. The physical dangers of the job.

4. The psychological dangers of the job.

5. The unsociable hours.

6. The lack of of any kind of employment benefits, even the very basic ones like prakan sangkhom, social welfare and annual leave. Better to consider money earned as revenue before expenses for a sole trader rather than a salary.

7. The fact that they will be qualified to do nothing by their late thirties.

8. Expenses on clothes, make-up, shoes, taxis to and from work which the girl will need to defray herself.

Accounting is a very interesting topic and can reveal a lot of information, making the picture clearer.

Quite a lot seem to manage a free house, car and farmland.

I wouldn't mind some of those employment benefits.

If you want to do the accounting properly, you need to factor in:-

1. The brevity of their career.

2. The lack of job security.

3. The physical dangers of the job.

4. The psychological dangers of the job.

5. The unsociable hours.

6. The lack of of any kind of employment benefits, even the very basic ones like prakan sangkhom, social welfare and annual leave. Better to consider money earned as revenue before expenses for a sole trader rather than a salary.

7. The fact that they will be qualified to do nothing by their late thirties.

8. Expenses on clothes, make-up, shoes, taxis to and from work which the girl will need to defray herself.

Accounting is a very interesting topic and can reveal a lot of information, making the picture clearer.

Quite a lot seem to manage a free house, car and farmland.

I wouldn't mind some of those employment benefits.

Indeed, 52, these are ones that have "hit the jackpot" and received a lump sum payment from a sponsor, perhaps in cash or perhaps in the form of property or vehicles or even, plant and machinery.

But a good accountant needs to look at the big picture, not overvalue assets, consider expenses, treat the girl's assets as an on-going concern and look at the long term.

1. Are these assets owned outright or are they financed or in the name of a company?

2. Houses and vehicles have ongoing maintenance costs.

3. When the girl's income stops, say at 35, will the proceeds from the sale of property and the car see her through the 25 years to retirement age?

4. Vehicles depreciate considerably.

5. Will the girl have the wherewithal to manage the assets efficiently, keeping maintenance costs down, realising an income if possible, keeping the asset in good condition and obtaining a good price on sale?

6. Will family members, seeing wealth, demand a share of it? Then when the girl is no longer able to make good earnings, simply turn their back and not provide anything in return?

One needs to consider more than just immediate appearances and delve a little more deeply.

Nobody is trying to glorify the profession or shall we say lifestyle of these girls. It is just interesting to see that even today with so much information floating around on the internet, guys are still sending substantial money to their little tirac in Thailand.

It is quite obvious that these girls are still in the game and I bet you I could get a BJ from one of them (if I pay), the same morning she will be kissing her "bf" welcome at the airport.

3. When the girl's income stops, say at 35, will the proceeds from the sale of property and the car see her through the 25 years to retirement age?

At 35 most of them marry a white guy, have a baby, then spend the rest of their life sharing his pension.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

If all these girls are making 200k a month, one wonders why many of them choose to live with or marry a Falang and give up their lucrative incomes. I bet there's frig all blokes willing to part with 200k a month for the privilege of living with the most drop dead gorgeous coyote or gogo dancer.

Myths easily become urban legend in Thailand. A good earner might clear 50k on a good high season month. Some may make a little more, most will make a dam_n sight less. No doubt there are a few that make considerably more but they will be the exception and in the top what......1 or 2 percentile.

LD gets them 30b. They might pick up 10 PP balls at 20b a pop, group tips might come to 200b, and they might get 300b as personal tips. If they do a ST or LT they score say 2,500 average and miss out on time to get personal tips or LD's. Add their salary of 400b per day, less fines for being absent or sick, and not meeting their LD or BF quota, plus having to pay their own BF occasionally to recover from overworking, and you do the math. An exceptional night for most of them would be 4k, but more likely to be 2k or less. Over the course of a month that will balance out to 50k or less for the huge majority.

Sure, some dick goes in and throes a few thousand baht all over the floor, but not in every bar and not every night. Sure, some two week millionaire wally gets pissed and tips a girl 500b for a quick feel. Sure, some girl has a birthday and scores 10k in one night from idiot Falang stapling money around her neck. These are the exceptions and not the rules.

And I'm not talking about those that have a single or multiple sponsors and are still working - they deserve all they earn for their business acumen, effort, and dedication. coffee1.gif

yes the "I know a girl who makes XXXXXX per mth" crowd,

should read as "a girl I know tells me she earns XXXXXX per mth"

don't believe the hype

I know two girls that would qualify as rich girls of the night and quite a few more that do not even come close.

The one that I saw her bank book had me trying to figure out where she had an "accident" with her money was making between 200k and 300k per month at the time. She has a car and a house to show for it but has wasted the rest of the money on shoes, clothes and taking her "friends" to the discos.

The other girl I have not seen her bank account but I have seen her new car and her two houses and she is only 24 years old.

I admit that the earnings of these two girls are not typical of bar girls but it is an example of what a few of them make. It is also an example of the diff between how they treat the money they earn.

I think the sheer volume of working girls it's not possible for them ALL to get hitched to a farang

Of course not. I know a little firecracker from the chrome poles of Pattaya, she is now married and have a kid with a local guy from her hometown.

So far a happy marriage, but she is only 21 and could still fall back at her old profession if the marriage fails.

It's certainly a 'sell-by-date' profession. And, without doubt, there are a few that excel in what they're doing. Of this few, there are some which will have the sense to put the earned money to use as an escape from the profession, or advance on the 'managerial' ladder of said profession.

And of course, as stated before, the option for the lazier lookers reaching the end of their chrome pole life, can always hook their provider for their futures. As with anywhere in the world, beware of the fun-loving princesses out there, enjoy them but be aware......................thumbsup.gif

I used to know a few that were big earners (not sure if they were into the 200K+ bracket) and it certainly is possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah they earn ALOT OF MONEY! Especially those coyotes working in Singapore. I'm from Singapore and it works this way down here, the coyotes go up the stage to dance and customers hang flowers for them which range anywhere from SGD $10-$1000. I have seen popular coyotes getting hanged a few hundred every night without fail, and personally have seen a singer been hanged a few thousand a night, thought being hang a $1000 onwards is rare.

They frequently posts how much they earn in their facebook or line.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152943397998849&set=pb.569733848.-2207520000.1403082006.&type=3&theater

In this picture, you can clearly see their earnings SGD$18k which is almost 500,000 baht.