The rich girls of the night

Think twice next time you feel sorry for a "poor" bar girl or even remotely consider sending money to your little vacation Tirac. She might be earning more than you.

Below is a snip from the timeline of one of the girls in my LINE (Smart phone app). She is working as a coyote dancer and as u can see, sometimes get 7,000 baht+ just in tips.

post-119133-0-35011800-1383438208_thumb.

I know some girls who make 200,000 + a month from sponsors and daily customers. Only problem is most spend it on crap and family and dont own anything of value.

If one girl banks 100k and lives off 100k she will have 6 mil thb in 5yrs. More than enough to build a nice house in issan, a truck and start a business.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Sorry, most of them have as much common sense as my "pet rock", no matter how hard your try to teach or educate them/

What "education" do you think "most" might need? I'm sure that "most" could teach you a thing or two about how to attract and extract money from the wallets belonging to gullible men.

The Eternal Questions which has never to my knowledge ever been answered?

1. Farming. It is for necessity? i.e(can't feed the family working on the land)

2. Bar work? Easy Money? (Much easier pleasant,enjoyable work, and higher rewards from extracurricular activities)

3.The Choice is: go for the easier options or not?,and dependant on a desire for unlimited wealth and greed!

The answer is what is ultimately acceptable to achieve their goals? but let's not have the exploitation stories,once the decisions,and choices have been made!the choice was theirs in the first place.

2. Bar work? Easy Money? (Much easier pleasant,enjoyable work, and higher rewards from extracurricular activities)

3.The Choice is: go for the easier options or not?,and dependant on a desire for unlimited wealth and greed!

The answer is what is ultimately acceptable to achieve their goals? but let's not have the exploitation stories,once the decisions,and choices have been made!the choice was theirs in the first place.

I think opinion on the coyotes are mixed. Why spend a load of money on lady drinks for someone who isn't available. Fingers crossed they do not make it anywhere Nana.

I know some girls who make 200,000 + a month from sponsors and daily customers. Only problem is most spend it on crap and family and dont own anything of value.

If one girl banks 100k and lives off 100k she will have 6 mil thb in 5yrs. More than enough to build a nice house in issan, a truck and start a business.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I totally agree with your post Frank.If only they possessed a bit of business acument,the possibilty's could be endless,a few do and have done very well for themselves,but in most cases it's easy come easy go little high little low.

• Like 1

Sorry, most of them have as much common sense as my "pet rock", no matter how hard your try to teach or educate them/

What "education" do you think "most" might need? I'm sure that "most" could teach you a thing or two about how to attract and extract money from the wallets belonging to gullible men.

two points to make here,

1. 7,000bht is not a lot of money for a night's work in most of the world, you can earn that as a waitress in OZ.

2. They make the money, but don't know how to keep it, it's all gone on rubbish the next day.

Many of the coyote dancers are serious 'ya-ice' addicts, keeps the required body shape and gives them the energy to dance all night.

two points to make here,

1. 7,000bht is not a lot of money for a night's work in most of the world, you can earn that as a waitress in OZ.

2. They make the money, but don't know how to keep it, it's all gone on rubbish the next day.

Many of the coyote dancers are serious 'ya-ice' addicts, keeps the required body shape and gives them the energy to dance all night.

I would imagine a waitress have to work pretty hard and long hours to take home 7,000 baht after tax in OZ.

Anyhow, OZ salaries are not the point here. Some local guys make about $25/day and stay 45 days offshore. These girls are making some pretty easy and fast money.

I would imagine a waitress have to work pretty hard and long hours to take home 7,000 baht after tax in OZ.

Oz waitress $25/hour + tips = 750bht/hr + tips, 10 hour shift = 7500bht + tips.

I'm assuming a coyote dancer is supposed to pay tax too.

So let's assume both illegal cash in hand.

Edited by FiftyTwo

If all these girls are making 200k a month, one wonders why many of them choose to live with or marry a Falang and give up their lucrative incomes. I bet there's frig all blokes willing to part with 200k a month for the privilege of living with the most drop dead gorgeous coyote or gogo dancer.

Myths easily become urban legend in Thailand. A good earner might clear 50k on a good high season month. Some may make a little more, most will make a damn sight less. No doubt there are a few that make considerably more but they will be the exception and in the top what......1 or 2 percentile.

LD gets them 30b. They might pick up 10 PP balls at 20b a pop, group tips might come to 200b, and they might get 300b as personal tips. If they do a ST or LT they score say 2,500 average and miss out on time to get personal tips or LD's. Add their salary of 400b per day, less fines for being absent or sick, and not meeting their LD or BF quota, plus having to pay their own BF occasionally to recover from overworking, and you do the math. An exceptional night for most of them would be 4k, but more likely to be 2k or less. Over the course of a month that will balance out to 50k or less for the huge majority.

Sure, some dick goes in and throes a few thousand baht all over the floor, but not in every bar and not every night. Sure, some two week millionaire wally gets pissed and tips a girl 500b for a quick feel. Sure, some girl has a birthday and scores 10k in one night from idiot Falang stapling money around her neck. These are the exceptions and not the rules.

And I'm not talking about those that have a single or multiple sponsors and are still working - they deserve all they earn for their business acumen, effort, and dedication. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

If all these girls are making 200k a month, one wonders why many of them choose to live with or marry a Falang and give up their lucrative incomes. I bet there's frig all blokes willing to part with 200k a month for the privilege of living with the most drop dead gorgeous coyote or gogo dancer.

Myths easily become urban legend in Thailand. A good earner might clear 50k on a good high season month. Some may make a little more, most will make a dam_n sight less. No doubt there are a few that make considerably more but they will be the exception and in the top what......1 or 2 percentile.

LD gets them 30b. They might pick up 10 PP balls at 20b a pop, group tips might come to 200b, and they might get 300b as personal tips. If they do a ST or LT they score say 2,500 average and miss out on time to get personal tips or LD's. Add their salary of 400b per day, less fines for being absent or sick, and not meeting their LD or BF quota, plus having to pay their own BF occasionally to recover from overworking, and you do the math. An exceptional night for most of them would be 4k, but more likely to be 2k or less. Over the course of a month that will balance out to 50k or less for the huge majority.

Sure, some dick goes in and throes a few thousand baht all over the floor, but not in every bar and not every night. Sure, some two week millionaire wally gets pissed and tips a girl 500b for a quick feel. Sure, some girl has a birthday and scores 10k in one night from idiot Falang stapling money around her neck. These are the exceptions and not the rules.

And I'm not talking about those that have a single or multiple sponsors and are still working - they deserve all they earn for their business acumen, effort, and dedication. coffee1.gif

The OP is talking about 'coyote dancers' not bar girls or go-go dancers.

It's a completely 'art' form, mainly for Thais, and does not necessarily involve prostitution.

They are often seen performing at weddings and pop concerts in a family orientated environment.

Edited by FiftyTwo

I think some of these girls have a schedule for announced birthdays. I swear one regular hangout had a couple girls who announced their birthday every 3 or 4 months. I asked to see a id card one time and 'it was at home'

Some of them are cunning little devils. They must talk around, to come up with the scams they use, granted some are probably sharp enough to figure out ways to raise money without help and a few even know how to save it.That most do not get to this stage until they are nearing the end of their 'prime cycle' may account for their scarcity.

• Like 1

"2. Bar work? Easy Money? (Much easier pleasant,enjoyable work, .....

I can assure you that you wouldn't find it easy or pleasant chatting to me for a couple of hours and then having to shag me. Why do you think some bar girl would find it any different?

Usual delusional male thinking? :-)

I agree with the 'you make your bed so you should lie on it' free choice sentiment though

• Like 1

I can assure you that you wouldn't find it easy or pleasant chatting to me for a couple of hours and then having to shag me. Why do you think some bar girl would find it any different?

I agree with the 'you make your bed so you should lie on it' free choice sentiment though

Mate, if you bought me enough drinks, I wouldn't even notice you talking or shagging me.

Hopefully I would have managed to stagger home before I sobered up.

• Like 1

Myths easily become urban legend in Thailand. A good earner might clear 50k on a good high season month. Some may make a little more, most will make a dam_n sight less. No doubt there are a few that make considerably more but they will be the exception and in the top what......1 or 2 percentile.

The OP is talking about 'coyote dancers' not bar girls or go-go dancers.

It's a completely 'art' form, mainly for Thais, and does not necessarily involve prostitution.

They are often seen performing at weddings and pop concerts in a family orientated environment.

In the context of BKK and Pattaya Falang nightlife, I know what a coyote dancer is - apparently you don't.

To describe it as an art form in this context is ludicrous. The dancers in the coyote bars do little more than the traditional "Pattaya shuffle". I know every coyote bar in Patts. In fact they are doing the true coyote dancing professionals (see below) a disservice by calling the bars coyote bars, or calling the girls coyote dancers.

Perhaps you're talking about the professional coyote dancers seen at car shows and other public functions throughout Thailand, as well as supporting musical performances at Thai bars, as well as performing at private functions such as company/product launches and weddings. If so, then these are not what the OP is referring to. They in fact are the true coyote dancers. The alleged coyote dancers in virtually every bar in pattaya are gogo dancers with clothes on doing the Pattaya shuffle, hustling drinks and barfines.

I think you will find that copious amounts of cash will erase the most painful of memories!

You can always argue that the money was waster the moment some guy "waste" it on tip to the coyote dancer, she is just finishing the job and circulating it back in the economy.

From this birds timeline, she is living a pretty good life, going to spas, very good and expensive food, latest smart phone and good housing. I will not be surprised if she is better off than most of the guys that ogle at her body.

Young people in the west are also not always good at saving, but of course there is no long term future in being a coyote dancer.

• 2 months later...

yes the "I know a girl who makes XXXXXX per mth" crowd,

should read as "a girl I know tells me she earns XXXXXX per mth"

don't believe the hype

• Like 2

yes the "I know a girl who makes XXXXXX per mth" crowd,

should read as "a girl I know tells me she earns XXXXXX per mth"

don't believe the hype

What is it you don't believe? The pictures? The lifestyle some of these girls live, traveling to Singapore, going to spa's and shopping for brand name stuff. Easy come, easy go.

I use to live near an exclusive soapy house, mainly for Japanese, and it was fun to see the car park fill up with small Honda and Toyota's around 3-4 in the afternoon. These were all the girls cars.

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to do the accounting properly, you need to factor in:-

1. The brevity of their career.

2. The lack of job security.

3. The physical dangers of the job.

4. The psychological dangers of the job.

5. The unsociable hours.

6. The lack of of any kind of employment benefits, even the very basic ones like prakan sangkhom, social welfare and annual leave. Better to consider money earned as revenue before expenses for a sole trader rather than a salary.

7. The fact that they will be qualified to do nothing by their late thirties.

8. Expenses on clothes, make-up, shoes, taxis to and from work which the girl will need to defray herself.

Accounting is a very interesting topic and can reveal a lot of information, making the picture clearer.