Best Sim for calling to UK

hazelandhoward

Whats the best network/sim to get for calling back to the UK when we come for our holiday next week and where is the best place to get one..i think last year we got one from Topps before that we used to get one from a shop in Mikes shopping mall but that person/shop wasent there last year so wouldent be surprised if the one in Topps has gone now !

H & H

Directly at the airport. Cheapest would be True Inter Sim. Starting at 1THB per minute for international calls. You can get them at the arrival hall. True, DTAC and AIS have all their booth there.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Directly at the airport. Cheapest would be True Inter Sim. Starting at 1THB per minute for international calls. You can get them at the arrival hall. True, DTAC and AIS have all their booth there.

As far as I know the InterSIM is no longer being marketed since True changed its franchise and frequency band.

It seems to have been replaced by the "TrueH Tourist SIM" which appears to be extremely similar, except in as much as the validity without activity (outgoing calls or top-ups) is now 2 months instead of 365 days.

But you only need to make one pay call of one second duration every 2 months to retain your balance and number, and you can do this anywhere in the world if you have activated roaming. So this SIM is still very suitable for people who visit Thailand from time to time.

You get some freebies with the new SIM that you didnt get with the old one (some free data and some free call balance).

My old InterSIM was upgraded by True to a new TrueH SIM for free recently, following the change, and they have been giving me freebies also.

• Like 1

If staying in a Hotel with good wifi why not just download the Skype App and use that?

Skype is OK for what it is, but it is fairly useless if you dont happen to be connected to wifi. And it isnt much use if people are trying to call you from a regular phone. Also the charges for SkypeOut can be much higher than the charge for making phone calls via the True prefix.

Personally I use Skype and VOIP and the regular phone service on my phone, depending on who I am calling or who is calling me.