Flash the sim in a Motorola Galaxy?

NeverSure

I own a Motorola Galaxy smartphone, but it is locked to use with AT&T in the US. I bought it on a 2 year contract where I got it almost free ($95?) for signing a 2 year user contract with AT&T. The contract is up and I truly own the phone.

The phone has no removable sim card. The sim is built in. I would like to use the phone in Thailand.

Has anyone ever heard of flashing the sim in this phone for use in Thailand, and if so, who might do it?

I repeat. I completed my contract which included selling me the phone and it is mine to run over with my car if I choose haha. :)

Thanks!

What is the exact make and model? "Motorola" and "Galaxy" do not exactly go together, "Galaxy" being a Samsung name. A link would be ideal. Is this an Android phone?

I had, and still have, an AT&T Samsung Captivate (their Samsung Galaxy S(1) variant) which I was able to unlock, replace the SIM, and use it here.

You should be able to get an unlock code from AT&T. You should be able to remove the SIM, and replace it with a Thai SIM.

If you truly can't remove the SIM, and I'd be shocked if you can't, running it (the phone) over with your car might be the most enjoyment you might get from this phone now.

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/topic/1683-root-unlocked-and-flashed-motorola-electrify/

To me it looks like it has a user-replaceable SIM, could possibly be unlocked/rooted/flashed and take another SIM. Suspect you'll have to do this as finding someone here may prove challenging.

Note that it supposedly supports 2100 MHz 3G, and GSM 900/1800, so might be useful here.

Good luck, but have the car keys handy.