House Titles And Foreign Rights

Can someone please clue me in on the following.

I have a rich friend who wants to buy a nice size house and have me and my family stay in it.

He would only come over a couple times a year and would stay in one of the rooms. Since he is

one of my great friends, this is fantastic.

One of his questions is 1rst. Can a house title be put into my son or daughters name since they

were born here? I believe the answer is yes. But... What is, or is there an age limit cap on the

youngsters age? Say, is 5 years old too young? I have read comments from people saying that it

should not be done and is taboo or should be. I really don't worry like the next Joe. If it can be

put into my sons name then it is a go and so be it. How can the foreigners name be applied to

the title? Like mine and my childs only? We are talking relatively painless is wanted, so to speak

with out any company reg or set ups. A good lawyer perhaps is the only thing desired paying

their small fee for paper work.

I also recall something about Americans being able to buy a house out right with limitations on the size of the property. Is this still on the up or has it expired ?

Next. All of this money will be brought from the states by hand, which will be a fair bit of money. By law, what does the lender have to report,and does it ever get reported back to the states or is it swept under the rug?

I have more questions that need expanding on, but this will come in my next thread. But for now

to have the dope on the run down would be a nice start.

UncleTom

If your children are thai citizens there is no age limit to them owning a property.

A foreigner's name can only be attached to title by way of lease, usufruct, habitation or superficies. Unless you have a vast amount of money :o

Americans have no additional rights with regard to owning (or not owning)property in Thailand.

If a thai is purchasing a house there is little limitation to you bringing the cash over here and giving it to the thai in question. You mention "lender" which I do not quite understand.