Gold robbers mistook Phuket police patrol as getaway car

webfact

Gold Robbers Mistook Police Patrol As Getaway Car
By Khaosod Online

gold.jpg

PHUKET: -- The police pursuit of a pair of suspects accused of robbing a woman of her gold necklace came to an end when the pair attempted to flee on a police vehicle.

Late last night police in Phuket police were alerted of a robbery taking place in Montri Road. Ms. Pitchniya Kladmee, a manager of a well-known hotel in the province, told police that the suspects on motorbike have snatched her gold necklace and sped away.

The police gave chase and later found the suspects′ vehicle abandoned around Damrong Road. As a group of police officers were combing the area near Phuket Wittayalai School on Chumpon Road, they encountered a pair of individuals standing on the roadside. The pair hailed the officers to stop, and asked the officers to give them a ride to their hideout.

The suspects soon realised their situation and attempted to flee the scene. The police eventually found them hiding in a kitchen cupboard at the nearby Phuket Wittayalai School.

The two were identified as Mr. Preeda Adum, 25, and Mr. Somsak Puangcharoen, 23. They both worked as kitchen staff at Phuket Royal City Hotel, police said.

The police charged the suspects of robbery and planning a vehicle getaway. Mr. Preeda and Mr. Somsak confessed to the crime, saying they had been drinking heavily before they decided to rob the necklace.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE16VTJORFkxTXc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-11-05

• Like 2

Mr. Preeda and Mr. Somsak confessed to the crime, saying they had been drinking heavily before they decided to rob the necklace.

It seems that alcohol is regularly used as an excuse here, almost as if it is the alcohol which is to blame rather than the perpetrators.

I've had this discussion with a good Thai friend of 15 years: We debate many topics, mostly in good nature, sometimes differences of opinion get slightly heated, sometimes very heated, but we remain good friends throughout: We discussed the possibility of getting into fisticuffs with each other should we be too drunk and take the debate too far... (Which has never happened and I can't imagine it would).

His response - "If it ever happened I wouldn't blame you if you were too drunk"

My response - "We are good friends, no matter how drunk I am, that would never happen - being drunk is never an excuse"

His opinion was that if a Drunk Friend hit him, it would be OK because his friend was drunk so it wasn't really his friends fault. I couldn't agree.

• Like 2

"The pair hailed the officers to stop, and asked the officers to give them a ride to their hideout.

The suspects soon realised their situation and attempted to flee the scene. The police eventually found them hiding in a kitchen cupboard at the nearby Phuket Wittayalai School."

Sorry, what?

Mr. Preeda and Mr. Somsak confessed to the crime, saying they had been drinking heavily before they decided to rob the necklace.

An excuse to cover their stupidity.. biggrin.png

They all have the IQ of a dandelion bah.gif and that is not just would be robbers coffee1.gif