English interpreter for labour court needed

aquadreams

Oh dear, I feel this will be nether easy nor cheap to resolve, as you already have decided to sell up etc, I would suggest it would be easier less stressful and probably more economical to walk away than get involved with courts and lawyers in Thailand.

Best of luck!

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

Labor court is not a criminal court. They will only be concerned with breech of contract and Thai labor law. If you win and they do not pay you will be here for a long time trying to seize assets and collect the debt. After asset seizure you will have to wait for the court to give permission for those assets to be auctioned and that can take 6 months+

The amount of money is too much to walk away from and is not just a few million baht. I just need an interpreter. The court asked me to have one, they have prosecutors. I am a victim in the matter and the other party did criminal things.

If you are talking millions of baht, then get a decent Thai interpreter...not just someone who is bilingual and cheap.

I used another Thai lawyer as Interpreter for a case and found that he was very good at Interpreting, but also in re-phrasing questions to my benefit if I was unclear, or needed time to consider a response.

Little more expensive, but a good investment.

>>and is not just a few million baht.

It's more than a few million baht and you are looking for cheap? Why not spend a bit and get someone qualified. I know some Thai lawyers that work for big international law firms that speak English perfectly. Why not look at International law firms?

• Like 1

The amount of money is too much to walk away from and is not just a few million baht. I just need an interpreter. The court asked me to have one, they have prosecutors. I am a victim in the matter and the other party did criminal things.

If you are talking millions of baht, then get a decent Thai interpreter...not just someone who is bilingual and cheap.

I used another Thai lawyer as Interpreter for a case and found that he was very good at Interpreting, but also in re-phrasing questions to my benefit if I was unclear, or needed time to consider a response.

Little more expensive, but a good investment

Ok. can you message me whom you recommend that is a lawyer that you used?

I would try to find a fluent Thai speaking Foreigner to be the interpreter.

Reason I say this is no matter how well Thai's speak English they often leave out important

"small words" Like, as,if,is,and, etc.

This has the uncanny effect of completely changing the intended meaning of your statement.

For instance...

"I love you twice as much as yesterday but not as much as tomorrow"

Now hear this,

"I love you twice as much as yesterday but not as much tomorrow"

See? laugh.png

Edited by meechai

The labour court does not deal with criminal cases it will only deal with contractual disputes and labour act breaches

And besides if the DOL is taking this to the labour court they act on your and you will not need a translator in court they do all the talking what exactly is your dispute ?

Edited by Soutpeel