Entered via Land Border and got 30 Days stay!

So what about us from other countries in Europe, or from other parts of the world for that matter...

If it exists a new deal for only these 7 countries, good for them, but try to take one step back and think about it for a second.

Are the citizens of these countries looked at as some kind of elite? Why not just go back to the old rulings from before 2008, where almost everyone were treated equally?

I will once again say, amazing Thailand.

This is exactly the same as before 2008. Almost everyone is treated equally.

In this case I am treated more equally than you but less equal than residents of some other countries.

A while ago New Zealand residents used to get 90 day visa exempt on arrival. They were obviously even more equal....

Nothing to do with "Amazing Thailand" and everything to do with with International agreements, which vary !

According to the Japanese reporter who live in Mukdaharn ,

He had been visa run to Laos for 13 months back to back ,crossing border 26 times with no visa

He had no problem, However, he was refused to apply single entry tourist visa at Savannakhet after crossing border 26 times with no visa.

Finally, he had to go to Vienchan to get a single entry tourist visa, and he got a single entry tourist visa.

• Like 1

He had been visa run to Laos for 13 months back to back ,crossing border 26 times with no visa

He had no problem, However, he was refused to apply single entry tourist visa at Savannakhet after crossing border 26 times with no visa.

Finally, he had to go to Vienchan to get a single entry tourist visa, and he got a single entry tourist visa.

Sounds as if said "reporter" will soon be toast !

Best he makes urgent plans to return to Japan smile.png

Only Russian and some South American Nationals are getting 30 days at he border,as those Countries have an aggreement betweent their Countries,so also Thais getting the same at their border.

No European Foreigner either Americans getting 30 days if entering Thailand via Land!!!

No that is wrong it has changed

I just got a 30 day extension on my US passport. I went through Htee Khee in Myanmar just yesterday, on the 4th. My first border run too !!!!

This in itself is misleading,the poster states an extension,when in reality we are talking about visa exemption,this whole topic should be pinned IMHO.

Lots of conflicting reports with little evidence from the powers that be.

Sounds as if said "reporter" will soon be toast !

Best he makes urgent plans to return to Japan smile.png

i enjoy reading your posts Thaiexpat21 but why do you apply an ''!" (exclamation mark) in every one?

very few of your posts demand it, it makes the post appear rude on some occasions and it dilutes the information you are imparting to the dear readers

I just got a 30 day extension on my US passport. I went through Htee Khee in Myanmar just yesterday, on the 4th. My first border run too !!!!

This in itself is misleading,the poster states an extension,when in reality we are talking about visa exemption,this whole topic should be pinned IMHO.

Lots of conflicting reports with little evidence from the powers that be.

dsc03895ofoup.jpg

• Like 1

It has been confirmed by immigration.

30 days for holders of passports from UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy 

BANGKOK: -- Royal Thai Immigration Bureau has confirmed to Thaivisa.com that holders of passports of UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy are since November 1, 2013 given 30 days at land borders instead of previously only 15 days.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/679721-good-news-for-holders-of-uk-usa-japan-germany-france-canada-and-italy/

So what about us from other countries in Europe, or from other parts of the world for that matter...

If it exists a new deal for only these 7 countries, good for them, but try to take one step back and think about it for a second.

Are the citizens of these countries looked at as some kind of elite? Why not just go back to the old rulings from before 2008, where almost everyone were treated equally?

I will once again say, amazing Thailand.

Agreed -what are almost bankrupt countries like Italy and France doing on the list?