3BB no land linhe

nellyp

I am moving into a house with no land line, and have been told I can still get 3BB. Will this still mean me getting a proper connection or is it some kind of wireless thing. I want to have a router set up so that I can let the kids use the internet when I'm on it.

I am unfamiliar with this stuff, so what kind of package would be Ok for me to stream football, download some movies and use Skype? The packages seem to range from 600 up to over 5,000.

Thanks in advance for any helpthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Your location would help to pin down an answer. But 3bb runs their own dedicated line to the house and to the router. So location is needed to find out if there is a distribution point close enough to do the run.

Thanks for the info about the dedicated line.

The house is in Uttaradit but I don't know the exact address. My friend has it the same way in the town, and my landlord said it was possible; so fingers crossed.

Is there much difference between 13m/1m and 16m/1m packages? I specifically need the internet to be able to run skype while a film is downloading and kids are watching you tube. This may happen so I want to make sure I can use skype for work.

Cheers

In addition to offering fixed-line broadband via DSL, albeit without telephony services, 3BB do offer a wireless broadband service.

http://www.3bb.co.th/product/product_detail.php?id=2095

Your expectations re: usage may be challenging to meet.

Do you mean challenging for wireless, or also fixed line? I thought a fixed line would be able to cope with my needs

Cheers

I find streaming anything over my 3BB fixed line (13mb) connection challenging. Youtube videos sometimes play OK, other times they buffer or just stop. If your router has any QoS settings, use them to give Skype high priority.

I find streaming anything over my 3BB fixed line (13mb) connection challenging. Youtube videos sometimes play OK, other times they buffer or just stop. If your router has any QoS settings, use them to give Skype high priority.

OK thanks for the info. My mate is using 3BB in Uttaradit and says he has given up with Sat TV as he streams everything, movies live sport, live HD tv etc. There really is no consistency is there?

Cheers

I have the 3BB 600bht 10 mg, wifi. Slype, youtube and the others on there stuff in the house, all OK. It is a land line connection. I went to our towns 3BB office, they got a book out to see where the lines were on their map, they said we are wiring your area now. That was about 3 years ago when there was no other option on offer. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

OK thanks for the info. My mate is using 3BB in Uttaradit and says he has given up with Sat TV as he streams everything, movies live sport, live HD tv etc. There really is no consistency is there?

Cheers

Correct. We have the regular 10Mb 3BB ADSL and no problem using it for simultaneous 3BB IPTV, streaming sports from starsports.com (via VPN) and Skype. Linux program "iftop" shows this averages around 4Mb/second. Really quite impressive that it delivers that....

This is on the outskirts of Chiang Mai. When we lived in the town, the same account would sometimes struggle with streaming video alone.

• Like 1

Cheers

Correct. We have the regular 10Mb 3BB ADSL and no problem using it for simultaneous 3BB IPTV, streaming sports from starsports.com (via VPN) and Skype. Linux program "iftop" shows this averages around 4Mb/second. Really quite impressive that it delivers that....

This is on the outskirts of Chiang Mai. When we lived in the town, the same account would sometimes struggle with streaming video alone.

Does it make a difference me living in Uttaradit rather than a city?

If 3BB is in your area you will be fine. I have used them in Chiang Mai and also have them where I am now (Nakhon Nowhere--- err Nakhon Nayok).

Overall I have been happy with the service I have gotten from them.

• Like 1

If 3BB is in your area you will be fine. I have used them in Chiang Mai and also have them where I am now (Nakhon Nowhere--- err Nakhon Nayok).

Overall I have been happy with the service I have gotten from them.

Cheers mate, I'm gonna order it today. Still not sure about 10mbh or 13 mb though