Bangkok coffee vendor backs down to Starbucks' legal might, changes logo

webfact

On the contrary, he has played this game brilliantly....his business has trebled and he now has a known brand. He will have to offer good coffee for viability in the medium term. Starbucks is dreadful stuff but couldn't be worse than the miserable 95 Baht crap I had at costa yesterday. D Cup is better @ 45

Anyone who would pay 5 bucks for some so called special coffee has more money than brains

Costa is OK in London - Star5ucks is dreadful. The very first time I had the misfortune to walk into one I actually laughed at them - how can it take 5 morons 5 minutes to make a bucket of insipid crappuccino? And this was in London. They've never seen a barrista in Italy rifle one espresso after another.

One can always find a caffeine hit for 30-40 baht, even in Bangkok.

BTW in their logo are the two fingers directed at the company?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is not very dis-similar to the starbucks business model with comfortable seats ,wifi and cakes and a circular green logo ,

and their coffee is pretty good too

but thats probably as close as you can copy them without getting in trouble ,taking their

name as well and changing it slightly is going a bit too far .......smile.png

a124354311_124354572_6dee.jpg

few more images of their "branding " :
Edited by speedtripler

Mediocre? Starbucks? You got it in one....

Unfortunately, we live in a world where evil corporations are considered fair game by all those who simply envy their success and feel some weird sense of populist egalitarian entitlement to a piece of their hard-earned pie. Starbuck's problem is that they are successful. Long live mediocrity!

Look if you let one slip, there will be more. Speaking from experience I can say this was the right course of action. Problem is as a multi million dollar business they can actually get their message through but think of the small to medium businesses that try to make it here.

What about Starback next to Starbucks at MBK? Is that justifiable, I mean why not just copy the entire concept and call it something else. Why create something of your own when you can steal another man's successful business that he has worked hard for.

In general Thais don´t take anything too seriously as the law is lax here. Look at Bangkok, what would it be without foreigners today? If they want respect then they have to earn it. Now if Starbucks actually can send a signal that this kind of monkey business is not O.K, then I´m all for it.

Mediocre? Starbucks? You got it in one....

Unfortunately, we live in a world where evil corporations are considered fair game by all those who simply envy their success and feel some weird sense of populist egalitarian entitlement to a piece of their hard-earned pie. Starbuck's problem is that they are successful. Long live mediocrity!

Look if you let one slip, there will be more. Speaking from experience I can say this was the right course of action. Problem is as a multi million dollar business they can actually get their message through but think of the small to medium businesses that try to make it here.

What about Starback next to Starbucks at MBK? Is that justifiable, I mean why not just copy the entire concept and call it something else. Why create something of your own when you can steal another man's successful business that he has worked hard for.

In general Thais don´t take anything too seriously as the law is lax here. Look at Bangkok, what would it be without foreigners today? If they want respect then they have to earn it. Now if Starbucks actually can send a signal that this kind of monkey business is not O.K, then I´m all for it.

actually saw that today and i was thinking how the <deleted> can there be a starbacks coffee next door to starbucks coffee in bangkoks largest shoping centre ??

they dont mind about this and theyre chasing the little guy on the side of the road ?? <deleted> is going on

why hasnt the owner of the real mbk starbucks done something about it yet ?

• 4 months later...

I am wondering if the Logo and Name would have any resemblance to the current 'Starbung / Stylebung' logo and name had Starbucks never existed....

I would guess that we'd have one of the following on our hands...

...McBung Coffee

...KFCoffee

...Au Bon Bung

...Bung Canyon

Bung and Deluca

TRUE Bung

Cafe Doi Bung

The Bung Club

Bung & Olufsen

The Big Bung Theory

Cinnabung

Bungin' Donuts