Samsung GT B2710

212traders

I got a Samsung GT B2710 before coming to Chiang Mai. I am using the service of AIS. I can make voice calls, send/receive text messages, and check emails. But I cannot browse Internet; when I select the function, it just shows a blank screen. I also cannot send out text messages with attachments (error message: network error). Any ideas or suggestions on how to enable these functions?

Is this your phone: http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/mobile-phones/bar/GT-B2710IKAXEU-support

It is correct that you will have to configure settings which allow it to connect to the internet. As it is not an Android phone the term "APN" is not particularly valid.

You will need to connect to the internet to send/receive MMS as well, an MMS is a sort of text message which can include a picture.

Not that you will also have to subscribe to a monthly mobile data plan. If you do not then you will pay 1 baht/min and if you do not turn off data you will burn through your balance quickly.

Do you have a new AIS 2100 MHz 3G SIM? How recently did you purchase this SIM? Can you describe the exact wording on the SIM package?

You'll have to grind through your phone's menu/user guide to figure out how to set-up/create an internet profile, and configure MMS.

For the new AIS 2100 MHz 3G subsidiary, and a similar phone, they don't have the 2710 here: http://www.ais.co.th/3g/setting3g.html

I found these, which may contain the details you require to configure your phone.

Note that MMS is less than successful, for a variety of reasons, most people are now using smartphone apps. like WhatsApp! which make it easy and seamless to send photos, text, video, etc.

And you phone may prove challenging to use for browsing?

post-9615-0-26067300-1383701290_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-97610300-1383701302_thumb.jp

Yes. It is my phone.

The AIS package is "AIS 3G one-2-call"

I tried the settings you gave me and it WORKED! I'm now able to browse the Internet. However, when I tried to use the Google Map app in the phone, it said "network unavailable." Google Map is the main app I would like to use since it will help me drive around in Thailand.