Suggestions for a large group to eat/drink please...

LeePL

Hi all,

I'm organising a group of Couchsurfers to meet during the Loy Krathong & Yi Peng ceremonies, and the group has got bigger and bigger to at least 20 people...can anyone recommend good places that will accommodate such numbers to meet/eat/drink in the days before? The obvious suggestion is a moo ka ta for food, and I've read the thread on here that lead me to Sukontha which is almost perfect, but a little too far away from the centre for people to get to...

Ideally I need a drinking establishment within walking distance of the main city, with a nice atmosphere and space/facilities to deal with the numbers (it won't be a rowdy crowd), as well as a restaurant. People will be on all sorts of budgets so resort hotels are out of the question...

Thanks for your help!

Lee

Have you thought about the River Market? Probably need to book it though, being near the River and all.

wink.png

I had a birthday party there a short while ago, 18 guests, and they did a great job. I popped in a few days earlier and organised the various dishes and the quantity required, wine etc. and Dave and his staff sorted the rest out. We had a great afternoon.

Moo ka ta wouldnt have worked anyway, Chiang Mai seems to be a base for finicky vegetarians...

Look into rooftop bars/restaurants within the moat around Thapae gate area, across from loy kroh.

Edited by KRS1

Couch surfers are too cool for the old city. Got to be Niman.

Why Not? Or maybe Khun Churn, or how about Pun Pun (veggie one, at Wat Suan Dok).

Niman is where the cool kids hang, any cool kids hanging in the old city are newbies, they need to be shown Niman before they start dating someone low class.

Hey guys, thank you all so much for these suggestions! I couldn't find this thread at first so I thought for some reason it had been deleted...I'll go through all of them diligently!

Oh, and if anyone is curious about couchsurfing I heartily recommend you give it a try as a surfer or host, or even better come and join us this weekend :) there's a dedicated Chiang Mai forum on the site with details about our meetup...

Thank you again

Hey guys, thank you all so much for these suggestions! I couldn't find this thread at first so I thought for some reason it had been deleted...I'll go through all of them diligently!

Oh, and if anyone is curious about couchsurfing I heartily recommend you give it a try as a surfer or host, or even better come and join us this weekend smile.png there's a dedicated Chiang Mai forum on the site with details about our meetup...

Thank you again

Link?