Student Desktop Monitoring Software?

a269652

Have a class of 35 students all using PC's. Need to be able to sit at my PC (also located in the same classroom) & be able to skip between each of the students desktops to keep an eye on what they are up to. This will save me walking around the classroom & possibily intimidating the students by peering over their shoulders too often. What's the name of some s/w that can do this please? Links also welcomed.

Have a class of 35 students all using PC's. Need to be able to sit at my PC (also located in the same classroom) & be able to skip between each of the students desktops to keep an eye on what they are up to. This will save me walking around the classroom & possibily intimidating the students by peering over their shoulders too often. What's the name of some s/w that can do this please? Links also welcomed.

Hey there, I used NetSupportSchool when I was teaching computer lab classes. You can watch all the students screen from yours, lock them & do demonstrations. It was difficult to setup & it was pretty flakey in operation but I put that down to the low end computers & crappy network at the school I was at.

VNC Server 4 allows you to watch and remote control computers in a network.

It only works to control one computer at a time though.

Works great to remote control the other PC in my network and is very intuitive and nice once you have set it up.

If you run the cursor over the open window that shows the other computer, the person at that station will notice that something is irregular (the cursor on their screen will suddenly be at another place without them doing anything, so keep the cursor off there if you want to remain unnoticed.