Thaksin: 'I am Yingluck's caddie’

webfact

Thaksin: 'I am Yingluck's caddie’
BY SINE NEUCHS THOMSEN
By Helge Heyerdahl
English by Sine Neuchs Thomsen

OSLO: -- Controversial politician Thanksin Shinawatra described himself as “a caddie” to his sister Yingluck, the prime minister of Thailand, dismissing as false the notion that he was wielding real political power from behind the scenes. In an interview given to a local newspaper while visiting his Thai supporters in Norway over the weekend, Thaksin also discussed his plan to help overseas Thais start their own Thai restaurant businesses.

Thaksin Shinawatra arrived in Norway in his private jet on November 2 to meet hundreds of supporters from Norway and other Scandinavian countries. During his two-day visit to Norway, he also presided over a merit-making ceremony at a Thai Buddhist temple. While in Norway, he was also invited to meet 150 guests at an event held at Sorum school, where he gave an interview to Thailands Tidende.

Excerpts from the interview published in the Norwegian-language Thailands Tidende:

Q: “The amnesty bill is in the news today. Can you comment on the possibility that court sentences against you might be abolished?”

A: “This is not about me. I am part of it, that is true, but this is more about reconciliation, unity of all Thai people. It is about time we stop arguing and look ahead and concentrate our efforts on the well-being of the future generations in Thailand,” said Thaksin.

Q: “A widely-circulated criticism that paints a picture of you as the true leader of Thailand, who is controlling your sister, the prime minister, via Skype. What do you say to that?”

A:”I think that sometimes there are too much criticisms against my sister and I. She is 18 years younger than me, so it feels more like a father-daughter relationship. To illustrate how it works, I will say that I consider myself mostly as Yingluck’s caddie in politics. I carry heavy burdens and sometimes I advice her to take another way.”

Q: “Does that mean that there are things she knows better than you, and things you know better than her?

A: “Yes that is true. But she is the one to decide and to carry out the politics. I will contribute with advices and inputs.”

Thaksin, who is wanted in Thailand after a Thai Court convicted him of corruption and given jail sentences, also said that he had continuously worked hard for Thailand. In a speech to a gathering of supporters, he said that he had hired Peter Adel, a high-profile expert who used to work for Samsung, to help develop a new concept for Thai people living abroad.

“I spend US$9 million to develop a concept so that Thai people abroad can own Thai restaurants themselves, and not just work for others. I have money and determination as well as free time. Therefore I have chosen to make contribution to make the life easier for my fellow countrymen.”

The Sunday was spent in the Wat Thai temple at Frogner, which was well-attended by Thai residents in Norway and their families.

Source: Thailands Tidende Nett

Source: http://scandasia.com/thaksin-yinglucks-caddie/

-- ScandAsia 2013-11-06

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The man is a troll:

ergo - One who posts a deliberately provocative message to his perceived audience with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

or - Someone being a prick because they can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, or at least talking shit.

I always see them as physically and mentally stunted gremlins creeping around trying to outsmart people dumber than them so he can steal their futures...

It's strange, but this image came to mind when first reading the headline: 'I am Yingluck's caddie’

attachicon.gifcaddie.jpg

Bit of a convoluted way to express your hatred for a person you've probably never met, isn't it? Even if you have met him I'd still say you've got issues.

Thai restaurants in Norway? Most Thaifood is banned (not clean enough), but they have Vietnamese seafood.

I presume you're norwegian and in the best place to share this revelation with us. But why ban just thai food and how do they do it? Do norwegians have particularly sensitive palates? What percentage is "most"?

Please tell why the Thai food is dirty. It appears to be accepted around the rest of the world. I don't think I know a country that bans "most" Thai food apart from "apparently" Norway.

• Like 1

Thaksin is a poor caddy, he keep fumbling Yinglucks balls and putting her in the rough, and its only the 10th hole!

PS: I have notice when ever thing are going well Thaksin says I am running the show, but when it turns bad he say, no I just advise, Yingluck runs the show.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1