Can i get property back in a divorce?

seagulls

My Thai wife and I are going to divorce but she insists that the property in her name belongs to her and the property in my name belongs to me. The Land Office confirmed this to me regrettably.

The problem is all the valuable property is land and it is in her name and I just have a simple condo in my name. My life savings is in this combined Thai property.

Is it possible for me to recover any of the money that I spent on the property that is in her name?

Can anyone refer me to somebody I can speak to in English who has knowledge about how a foreigner gets property back from a Thai?

you show receipts and bank books for all your money used in the purchase to the divorce court.

if she can't show it was her money that was used, and where she got it from, you will recover your money.

where there is any doubt on the source of marital assets, it is split by the court 50/50.

Do not agree to a divorce without the split you want.

the land office know nothing about divorce law, why would you ask them?

Edited by FiftyTwo

Per above answer, negotiate the settlement that you like.

Without a nuptial agreement, both parties keep what they had before the wedding and split all that was gained during the marriage. (That includes any debts).

Have your own lawyer and sign nothing that you do not understand.

• Like 1