Anybody investing in Thai stocks?

I think investing in Google stock is the deal, 1 year it will raise for sure, it slmost doubled in price this year

If you buy stocks from a broker in Thailan, do you need to pay Thai tax and how much?

no offence meant but my impression (based on your "tax when buying stocks") is that you possess supreme wealth of no idea about investing.

• Like 1

I think investing in Google stock is the deal, 1 year it will raise for sure, it slmost doubled in price this year

If you buy stocks from a broker in Thailan, do you need to pay Thai tax and how much?

no offence meant but my impression (based on your "tax when buying stocks") is that you possess supreme wealth of no idea about investing.

+1. A fool and his money . . . .

If you have an account that allows you to buy US securities the THD is a good ETF that has some of the most secure Thai companies on it. The annual fee is lower then a mutual fund and it moves pretty well. Check out the chart. Pulled back quite a bit the last month just like the SET. Its a good option if you dont want to try to translate whats going on with the stocks you buy on a regular basis.

If you can't find an active Thai equity fund that has a combination of good performance and low fees, then the above using a passive ETF or mutual fund is certainly a valid consideration. To prevent home bias set a percentage allocation target for your Thai stocks and then add a low cost world equity index or tracker fund and that's about all you need for the equity side of the portfolio. Simple, cheap, but highly effective.

so that is why forums exist, to ask right?

Yes I never invested anything in my life, is that such a crime, I only worked and saved money, duhhhh

other smarasses spend money on bargirls and then with envy criticize me because their pockets have holes because of reaching in too many times scraping for coins that arent there

• Like 1

+1. A fool and his money . . . .

come on , you must be some drunk full of envy, go finance a new buffalo for your bargirl

Yes I never invested anything in my life, is that such a crime, I only worked and saved money,...

Well at least you can save which is a big step in the right direction. If you want to start educating yourself about stock investing I suggest you start reading through the online annual reports at Berkshire Hathaway. It won't turn you into a Warren Buffett, but it may stop you from making serious errors when starting out. If you can find it, try and get a copy of the book "The Intelligent Investor", by Benjamin Graham, Buffett's mentor. Do an internet search on Jack or John Bogle and read anything he's written, or watch his videos on youtube. After doing all that, then you'll be more prepared to invest in equities.

• Like 1

Yes I never invested anything in my life, is that such a crime, I only worked and saved money,...

Well at least you can save which is a big step in the right direction. If you want to start educating yourself about stock investing I suggest you start reading through the online annual reports at Berkshire Hathaway. It won't turn you into a Warren Buffett, but it may stop you from making serious errors when starting out. If you can find it, try and get a copy of the book "The Intelligent Investor", by Benjamin Graham, Buffett's mentor. Do an internet search on Jack or John Bogle and read anything he's written, or watch his videos on youtube. After doing all that, then you'll be more prepared to invest in equities.

thanks

that ibook has 500 pages, omg!!!

Yes I never invested anything in my life, is that such a crime, I only worked and saved money, duhhhh

other smarasses spend money on bargirls and then with envy criticize me because their pockets have holes because of reaching in too many times scraping for coins that arent there

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't you mention in another thread you invested in stocks and your income is $ 10,000 / month?

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't you mention in another thread you invested in stocks and your income is $ 10,000 / month?

no, must be somebody else, I want to invest 10000 eur, but havent done it

i humbly apologise. the $10k/month was indeed another poster.

i humbly apologise. the $10k/month was indeed another poster.

Namm stop "yabbing" around, get your head together, dont be an <deleted>

I think this is good advice in a way, but (and I am paraphrasing another investor that roams these parts) he'd probably do a lot better just picking a decent mutual fund or two, and adding as much as he can to it every month despite the ups and downs. And all the reading in the world wouldn't help. In fact, I am sure Graham would agree; he seems to be a real pick it, add to it, and don't fret about it type of guy. I have his "Investment Owner's Contract" on my wall. Brilliant, simple and witty, don't get no better than that smile.png

Edited by isawasnake

• 2 weeks later...