Fa Cup

This topic will not be appreciated by most non Brits, however I am sure majority of Brits worldwide would agree (well maybe)

The FA Cup final is on the very near horizon and not only because it is the oldest cup competition in the world (soccer wise) to most Brits is is a day that brings out passion, nostalgia and many memories.

In my humble opinion the actiual game is only 75% of the days attraction, the remaining 25% is the pre match rituals such as military bands and communal singing, which without, in my opinion once more would make the game nodifferent to other big games.

So why is it then that I have never yet seen a FA Cup Final broadcast in our region showing all the pre match build ups including those that I have just mentioned. I am sure someone will say that Air time is expensive, however that has not stopped the PL showing time wasting clips of players warming up on the pitch etc !

Sitting in a bar ( or at home) watching the massed bands of the Royal Marines doing their bit plus the very spine tingling sounds of "Abide With Me" being hammered out by over 60,000 people is enough to ensure the rest will be memorable.

I have written to espn/star but i wont hold my breath

Abide With Me being

We'll be lucky if we get that in England mate. It'll probably be 15 minutes of Linekar and Hansen and then straight into the match, followed by 5 minutes of post match analysis before they crack on 'Doctor Who' or some such rubbish.

They still show all the build up in the UK.

I agree with Nonthaburial and will also drop ESPNSTAR an email. Who knows? If they get enough they may listen.

When you get up on FA cup day and its on the box from noon onwards. FA cup Mastermind, FA cup Question of Sport, interviews with Tarby........ah the memories.

Can't wait til its back a Wembley either!

Edited by ProfessorFart

When you get up on FA cup day and its on the box from noon onwards. FA cup Mastermind, FA cup Question of Sport, interviews with Tarby........ah the memories.

no thanks , just give me the game , my memories only include david coleman , or even better , kenneth wolstenholme as commentator .

marching bands..... paaah , abide with me......paaah.

i suppose you guys put on cloth caps , warm up some stale meat pies , piss in your coat pockets , and get out the roll ups whilst you watch , to recreate the authentic old wembley atmosphere

Can't wait til its back a Wembley either!

agreed there.

i suppose you guys put on cloth caps , warm up some stale meat pies , piss in your coat pockets , and get out the roll ups whilst you watch , to recreate the authentic old wembley atmosphere

Excellent!!

- - - -

I'm a west ham fan, so this final is extra special to me, wanted to get a tciket and fly back but only have tickets for bond and season ticket holders... a real shame.

I only have espn in my room which always has Thai comanrty, do i need star sports for english comentry?

would appreciate if someone could let me know.

thanks

I'm in Bangkok now but my mates have season tickets and are going to the game.

I'm either going down the pub hoping to meet some fellow hammer supporters or do what I did with the semi and check into a hotel with Star Sports.

Decisons, decisions!!

semi and check into a hotel

thats definately the way to do it here , check into a decent hotel room with a few mates , sound up loud , room service food and drink , air con , etc.

better than a hospitality package in a wembley (cardiff) box for about a hundredth of the price.

semi and check into a hotel

thats definately the way to do it here , check into a decent hotel room with a few mates , sound up loud , room service food and drink , air con , etc.

better than a hospitality package in a wembley (cardiff) box for about a hundredth of the price.

Sound like a good plan.... Just need to find some mates lol

(New to Bangkok, just me and the missus)