Looking For Export Companies

Hello,

Can anyone recommend me a reputable a Bangkok based exporting company, that can take care of the necessary exportation paper work. I do not have a registered business; so cannot obtain a ‘hard card’. The products would probably fall under the arts & crafts category.

Please either PM me or post details on this thread.

Thanks.

P.

Hello -

I am in preparations to start a new division of my company to be called Indo-Siam Logistics. I am simply adding this function to accommodate requests from my existing client base.

Service will include a consolidation capability - and preparation of B of L, Pro-Forma Invoices, Packing Lists. Quick quotation capability. Air, sea, and overland.

I am shooting to get things started by late March. I already have import/export license. I will be working in conjuction with a long-established Thai logistics and freight-handling company, with whom I formed a relationship in relation to my company's www.thaisupercool.com division.

We will NOT handle - export of pirated licensed goods, teak or rosewood, noni juice; nor imports of marble, used vehicles, non CE/UL electrical items. I've already been through all of these - and I declare them all no-go.

I will state bluntly that my company will only take on accounts that I feel are likely to rpretty quickly start adding at least 15,000 baht per month (above third party expenses) to our bottom line. So - that pretty well defines the scope - we will be supporting only a select number of fairly serious players.

If interested, contact me at [email protected].

Good luck!

Cheers!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

Hello,

Can anyone recommend me a reputable a Bangkok based exporting company, that can take care of the necessary exportation paper work. I do not have a registered business; so cannot obtain a ‘hard card’.  The products would probably fall under the arts & crafts category.

Please either PM me or post details on this thread.

Thanks.

P.

Hi Phillip,

Don't know whether it is appropriate but may I recommend my own company. Reputable..., well at least my customers so far apppeared to be quite happy with the service they have got and abusive letters have not come in yet upon carrying out business together but maybe they just got lost in the mail :o

Anyway, at least I've got a "hard card" and arts and crafts should be no problem as long as we are not talking Buddha statues, images or related products or antiques that are restricted from export or at least require a special permit from case to case.

In the following I give you my contact details hoping the administrators let me get away with that. Possibily we can work something out according to your requirements but I need to get the full indepth scoop from you first.

Tramaico Co. Ltd.

Natty Place, Unit A4

1802/14 Worrarat

Tanurat Road

Tungwatdon

Sathon, Bangkok 10120

Phone: (66) 2 675 4711

Fax: (66) 2 675 4712

E-Mail: [email protected]

Home: www.tramaico.com

Dear Phillip:

You don't need to use a Thai trading company in order to export from this company. Any major shipping or freight forwarding company will be able to help you.

These companies get quite a lot of business from people like you who have bought some goods in Thailand and want to send them back home. The shipment is registered in the name of their own company which has all the relevant paperwork and licences etc. As your shipment requires these companies at some stage of the export process, it makes sense to let them do the entire job. Tell them where to pick up your goods and packing list and leave the rest to them. There are plenty of service providers in the yellow pages. I've used TAC on a number of occasions, and they're probably par for the course over here.

I would say, it is all a matter of calculation. If it is a regular business a trading company would be your partner who can assist in sourcing, quality control, packing and choice of forwarder, shipping company. I return the trader expects to make a profit to cover the work.

If you shop around in arts & crafts shops (many people do this) place your receipts into a hand of a forwarder who can pick up everything, brings to the packing station, arrange for export customs procedere, commercial invoice, C/O, packing list, insurance, bill of lading.

One thing is important, my company does the packing from scratch. This has two reasons, one liability. In case of damage, an insurance company will claim un-professional packing, if not done by a professional and refuse payment.

Two: Responsibilty, especially against the Thai authorities on the content. Some items, like antiques, teak etc are not allowed for export, if I pack I know what's inside.

As Davidm said, ask for quotations but you can ask traders and forwarders, depnding of the expected volume you want to ship and the regularity of exports.

Thanks for all the advice...difficult to say how may items I’d be shipping on a monthly basis, although for the business to be worthwhile, I’ve figured it would need to be at least 10 monthly.

Anyway, basically this was what I was looking for, a few responses from exporters who I could discuss options with.

I’ll be in touch soon.

Cheers!

P.

We will NOT handle - export of pirated licensed goods, teak or rosewood, noni juice; nor imports of marble, used vehicles, non CE/UL electrical items. I've already been through all of these - and I declare them all no-go.

Just curious why teak and rosewood are no-go's? All the shipping agents in Chiang Mai seem to do it without any problems.