Obama says 'sorry' to Americans losing health insurance

webfact

Expansion of Medicaid is an integral component of the ACA and for which Prez Obama needn't apologize.

In fact, it is the Republican Party institutionally that needs to apologize to millions of politically disenfranchised low income Americans who are being denied access to the expanded Medicaid provision of ObamaCare because Republican Party governors and/or legislatures refuse to participate in the fully funded Medicaid expansion.

The following map shows in blue the states that have signed up for the expanded Medicaid provisions of ObamaCare. The states in the lighter color have not signed up - these states are controlled either by Teapublican governors and legislatures, or have a veto happy Republican governor, or a Teapublican controlled legislature.

current-status-of-the-medicaid-expansion

More specifically, of the 25 states that have signed up for the expanded Medicaid provisions, ten have just been surveyed. In those ten surveyed states, Medicaid has signed up 444,000 people in the six weeks since open enrollment began, according to Avalere Health, a market analysis firm that compiled data from those states.

"Medicaid is exceeding expectations in most places," said Dan Mendelson, president of Avalere Health which conducted the survey."It is definitely a bright picture in states that have chosen to expand."

This great success is occurring despite institutional Republican Party subversion of ObamaCare that has only half the states of the divided United States participating in the Medicaid component. The Medicaid expansion is strongly supported by state hospital associations, medical groups and advocates for the poor. (emphasis added)

The participating 25 states are doing exceedingly well. "This is a group of states that's very committed to aggressive expansion and enrollment," said Matt Salo, executive director of the nonpartisan National Association of Medicaid Directors.

The Republican Party needs to apologize to the millions of Americans excluded from the Medicaid provisions of the ACA, politically disenfranchised because they don't have millions of dollars to buy television and internet advertising against the people who do have such money and who use it to misrepresent ObamaCare and to lie about the ACA.

What the Media Won’t Tell You: Millions are Hurting as Red States Reject Medicaid Expansion

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/11/09/healthcare-gov-commands-attention-millions-hurting-states-reject-medicaid-expansion.html

Medicaid is health overhaul's early success story

http://news.yahoo.com/medicaid-health-overhauls-early-success-story-080558828--finance.html

Sorry, you are simply spouting more propaganda nonsense.

Obamacare is a FEDERAL program. Obama's devious attempts to shift the burdens of his failed Obamacare onto the States and their taxpayers is contemptible. Your lame attempts to shift the blame onto the States are as valid as an Obama promise. BM ChuckD has already detailed the fallacy of trying to lay the disasters of Obamacare onto the States.

Obamacare was concocted by Obama, and a Democrat-party controlled Congress. Right from the start, his process was not to engage the American people in this effort. Instead it was a wheeling and dealing free-for-all with all sorts of payouts, lies, and "Cornhusker Kickbacks". Obama was not concerned then and is now not concerned in the slightest what the American people want for health care.

• Like 1

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The writing of any set of rules and regulations pursuant to a new law, or new amendments to a law, is done over a period of time and in steps carefully proscribed in law.

This is true of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

The relevant executive departments spend considerable time drafting rules and regs pursuant to the new law. The draft rules and regs then are published in the Federal Register inviting public comment, reaction, critiques, and soliciting suggestions and recommendations to improve the proposed rules and regs.

There then is a period of time during which the relevant executive departments of the federal government revise the proposed rules and regs. The revisions are republished in the same official government journal of record, the Federal Register. More comment and reaction is solicited and received. More revisions are made.

Eventually final rules and regs are published.

So where was everyone when the final rules and regulations of the ACA were published in the Federal Register?

This is a failure of society, not only of Prez Obama.

In my opinion the tea party republicans which currently dominate the republican party are NIHILISITS. I consider them a threat to American lives in the same way as foreign enemies such as Iran. How this radical right wing extremist fringe group ever gained so much power just shows what any anti-social minority with massive energy can accomplish. It's really a shame that groups opposing their twisted destructive agenda don't share their passion and energy. Imagine no tea party. There is no way a "normal" republican party would have not participated in medicaid expansion -- denial of same is indeed a horrible attack on millions of American lives.

You obviously have not been keeping up with current events and are very confused. It was not "tea party republicans" that repeatedly lied to the American people telling them "If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period! If you like your health-care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health-care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what.” It was the vile and dishonest Obama!

It is really a shame that Obama is so narcissistic, deceitful, and lacking in integrity. A shame that he is so determined to cause damage to so many American citizens. Imagine if Obama had even the slightest bit of integrity or character.

Obama repeatedly and deliberately made promises to the American people that he knew were false. Obama knew when he was making those promises that millions of citizens were not going to be able to keep their health insurance plans. Then his administration immediately and deliberately wrote detailed regulations to insure that even more citizens would not be able to keep the health insurance that they wanted. That is why millions of U.S. citizens are now finding out that they CANNOT keep their health care plan whether they want to or not.

Obamacare was concocted by Obama, and a Democrat-party controlled Congress. Right from the start, his process was not to engage the American people in this effort. Instead it was a wheeling and dealing free-for-all with all sorts of payouts, lies, and "Cornhusker Kickbacks". Obama was not concerned and is now not concerned in the slightest what the American people want for health care.

Obama has destroyed any sense of trust that a thinking person may have once had in him. He has demonstrated a proven incompetence and proven lack of integrity. It is the conduct of Obama and his allies that have so poisoned the political atmosphere to make cooperative efforts practically impossible.

-snip-

Further, as I pointed out in my post above, a number of major insurance companies are circumventing the grandfather clause written into the ACA, which protects us in our present programs, by making minor changes to our policies. The minor changes make the grandfather clause written into the ACA inapplicable.

The result is that a number of scheming insurance companies are engaged in a massive swindle of the public by cancelling tens of millions of policies.

No, this is where, as the thread topic heading says, Obama had to apologize. The thread topic heading is:

Replying to Obama says 'sorry' to Americans losing health insurance.

So it is Obama who screwed up and caused Americans to lose their insurance policies and there it is in bold print.

It was Obama who repeated told people that if they like their doctor they can keep him, and if they like their health insurance policy they could keep it. But it wasn't true.

The Act has new requirements for insurance policies, and most old insurance policies don't comply with this new Obamacare law. So the insurance companies had no choice but to cancel the illegal old policies and either pull out of the market or write new complying policies which will cost a lot more due to compliance.

I don't know how anyone can reach the conclusions you are quoting, when Obama's role in the loss of insurance for millions of people is so obvious that he had to publicly apologize.

Exactly what did Prez Obama say when he said "I'm sorry"?

Prez Obama said he's sorry he failed to prevent the insurance companies diabolically screwing tens of millions of Americans and that he's getting on the case administratively (not legislatively at this time because the treacherous Republicans in Congress will prevent his actions to remedy the situation) to correct the problem of the corporate insurance companies acting cynically and by sinister means and in sinister ways.

Prez Obama said, "We worked hard to try to make sure we implemented it properly. Obviously we didn’t do a good enough job.

“We’ve got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this.

“Ever since the law was passed, if insurers decided to downgrade or cancel these substandard plans, what we said under the law is, you’ve got to replace them with quality, comprehensive coverage because that too was a central premise of the Affordable Care Act from the very beginning.

“I think for the most part people know that I speak my mind and I tell folks what I think and I’ve been very clear about what I’m trying to do. And I think most people know that even if they disagree with me on certain issues that I’m every day working hard to try to make life a little bit better for middle class families … and folks who are trying to get in the middle class who are doing the right thing and being responsible.”

I myself would add the remarks written today by former Treasury Secretary and Harvard President Lawrence Summers who, speaking of Teapublican conscious and willful subversion of ObamaCare, stated in the Washington Post that "... history will not judge kindly those who, having lost political debates over policy, go beyond vigorous oversight and seek to subvert enacted programs."

Summers said, "There is a danger here that goes far beyond delays in access to health insurance. In the end...[o]ur democracy is the loser."

Please provide a link to this statement you claim Obama made. I must have missed it.

From your post...

"Prez Obama said he's sorry he failed to prevent the insurance companies diabolically screwing tens of millions of Americans and that he's getting on the case administratively (not legislatively at this time because the treacherous Republicans in Congress will prevent his actions to remedy the situation) to correct the problem of the corporate insurance companies acting cynically and by sinister means and in sinister ways."

Expansion of Medicaid is an integral component of the ACA and for which Prez Obama needn't apologize.

In fact, it is the Republican Party institutionally that needs to apologize to millions of politically disenfranchised low income Americans who are being denied access to the expanded Medicaid provision of ObamaCare because Republican Party governors and/or legislatures refuse to participate in the fully funded Medicaid expansion.

The following map shows in blue the states that have signed up for the expanded Medicaid provisions of ObamaCare. The states in the lighter color have not signed up - these states are controlled either by Teapublican governors and legislatures, or have a veto happy Republican governor, or a Teapublican controlled legislature.

More specifically, of the 25 states that have signed up for the expanded Medicaid provisions, ten have just been surveyed. In those ten surveyed states, Medicaid has signed up 444,000 people in the six weeks since open enrollment began, according to Avalere Health, a market analysis firm that compiled data from those states.

"Medicaid is exceeding expectations in most places," said Dan Mendelson, president of Avalere Health which conducted the survey."It is definitely a bright picture in states that have chosen to expand."

This great success is occurring despite institutional Republican Party subversion of ObamaCare that has only half the states of the divided United States participating in the Medicaid component. The Medicaid expansion is strongly supported by state hospital associations, medical groups and advocates for the poor. (emphasis added)

The participating 25 states are doing exceedingly well. "This is a group of states that's very committed to aggressive expansion and enrollment," said Matt Salo, executive director of the nonpartisan National Association of Medicaid Directors.

The Republican Party needs to apologize to the millions of Americans excluded from the Medicaid provisions of the ACA, politically disenfranchised because they don't have millions of dollars to buy television and internet advertising against the people who do have such money and who use it to misrepresent ObamaCare and to lie about the ACA.

What the Media Won’t Tell You: Millions are Hurting as Red States Reject Medicaid Expansion

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/11/09/healthcare-gov-commands-attention-millions-hurting-states-reject-medicaid-expansion.html

http://news.yahoo.com/medicaid-health-overhauls-early-success-story-080558828--finance.html

Sorry, you are simply spouting more propaganda nonsense.

Obamacare is a FEDERAL program. Obama's devious attempts to shift the burdens of his failed Obamacare onto the States and their taxpayers is contemptible. Your lame attempts to shift the blame onto the States are as valid as an Obama promise. BM ChuckD has already detailed the fallacy of trying to lay the disasters of Obamacare onto the States.

Obamacare was concocted by Obama, and a Democrat-party controlled Congress. Right from the start, his process was not to engage the American people in this effort. Instead it was a wheeling and dealing free-for-all with all sorts of payouts, lies, and "Cornhusker Kickbacks". Obama was not concerned then and is now not concerned in the slightest what the American people want for health care.

Wrong again.

The "blame" is not with the states per se.

The "blame" is with the Republican Party institutionally, which means in both Washington and in the state capitals.

Further, the extreme right wingers who dominate this thread are not representative of the vast center middle of the US body politic. The vast political center middle of the United States doesn't think or speak in anything like the terms we keep seeing presented at this thread.

For one thing, Individual freedom means having medical care when you need it, rather than being told by the cynical corporate insurers you are ineligible because you have a diabolical invention of the corporate insurers called "pre-existing" condition.

Prez Obama rightfully has apologized to the American people for allowing the greedy and anti-social corporate insurers to subvert the ACA.

Now the Republican Party needs to apologize to the American people for shutting down the government in a futile and absurd effort to defund ObamaCare and for supporting the anti-social corporate insurers in their cynical and insidious scheming against the grandfathering provision of the ACA.

And the scheming corporate insurers need to apologize to the tens of millions of Americans they are by deliberate plan and design screwing by circumventing the grandfathering clause of the ACA.

The rules and regulations of the ACA went through a rigorous and public process of being formulated and implemented. Where was society that the corporate insurers and the Republican Party were able to circumvent the grandfathering provision once the ACA went online?

The quotes I cited by Prez Obama are linked in the relevant post to this thread.

So yes, chuckd, you did miss it. But, alas, no one is perfect.

So kindly look again.

And while you're policing links, don't forget to count every comma.

I amend this post by editing it due to the afterthought I had which relates to a statement I'd made some time ago, which is that I'm very flattered and impressed that you should follow my posts and so religiously read every word of every post I made and of every link I provide. You swell my ego beyond even what I can tolerate of my opinion of myself when you (long ago) had become a semi-religious follower of my posts.

Thanks but I really don't merit such infinitesimal and absolute attention from anyone, much less someone so distinguished at TVF as you yourself.

But, then again, who am I to try to deny you your chosen pursuits?! laugh.png

Edited by Publicus

In my opinion the tea party republicans which currently dominate the republican party are NIHILISITS. I consider them a threat to American lives in the same way as foreign enemies such as Iran. How this radical right wing extremist fringe group ever gained so much power just shows what any anti-social minority with massive energy can accomplish. It's really a shame that groups opposing their twisted destructive agenda don't share their passion and energy. Imagine no tea party. There is no way a "normal" republican party would have not participated in medicaid expansion -- denial of same is indeed a horrible attack on millions of American lives.

You obviously have not been keeping up with current events and are very confused. It was not "tea party republicans" that repeatedly lied to the American people telling them "If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period! If you like your health-care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health-care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what.” It was the vile and dishonest Obama!

It is really a shame that Obama is so narcissistic, deceitful, and lacking in integrity. A shame that he is so determined to cause damage to so many American citizens. Imagine if Obama had even the slightest bit of integrity or character.

Obama repeatedly and deliberately made promises to the American people that he knew were false. Obama knew when he was making those promises that millions of citizens were not going to be able to keep their health insurance plans. Then his administration immediately and deliberately wrote detailed regulations to insure that even more citizens would not be able to keep the health insurance that they wanted. That is why millions of U.S. citizens are now finding out that they CANNOT keep their health care plan whether they want to or not.

Obamacare was concocted by Obama, and a Democrat-party controlled Congress. Right from the start, his process was not to engage the American people in this effort. Instead it was a wheeling and dealing free-for-all with all sorts of payouts, lies, and "Cornhusker Kickbacks". Obama was not concerned and is now not concerned in the slightest what the American people want for health care.

Obama has destroyed any sense of trust that a thinking person may have once had in him. He has demonstrated a proven incompetence and proven lack of integrity. It is the conduct of Obama and his allies that have so poisoned the political atmosphere to make cooperative efforts practically impossible.

Jay Leno hit the nail on the head with his quip: "Obama Says If You Like Your Complete Lack of Coverage You Can Keep It." Link

• Like 1

-snip-

Prez Obama rightfully has apologized to the American people for allowing the greedy and anti-social corporate insurers to subvert the ACA.

Wrong. He apologized for "inaccurately" telling the American people that if they liked their doctor and health insurance, they could keep it.

Now the Republican Party needs to apologize to the American people for shutting down the government in a futile and absurd effort to defund ObamaCare and for supporting the anti-social corporate insurers in their cynical and insidious scheming against the grandfathering provision of the ACA.

And the scheming corporate insurers need to apologize to the tens of millions of Americans they are by deliberate plan and design screwing by circumventing the grandfathering clause of the ACA.

Wrong again my friend. The Democrats, who controlled both houses of Congress and the presidency, wrote new rules for health care policies that rendered most existing policies illegal. That rendered the grandfathering idea illegal. Insurance companies can't grandfather policies that have been rendered illegal by this new law. There is no such thing as grandfathering because it was sabotaged by the Democrats.

The rules and regulations of the ACA went through a rigorous and public process of being formulated and implemented. Where was society that the corporate insurers and the Republican Party were able to circumvent the grandfathering provision once the ACA went online?

"Rigorous public process?" It was done in back room deals out of the sight of the American public and the Republicans. It was totally sneaky. Nancy Pelosi, then Speaker of The House, said that "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what's in it."

The Republicans tried and tried to warn. I still can't understand why the Democrats, controlling the entire government at the time, brought this botched embarrassment on themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

Absurd.

-snip-

Wrong. He apologized for "inaccurately" telling the American people that if they liked their doctor and health insurance, they could keep it.

Wrong again my friend. The Democrats, who controlled both houses of Congress and the presidency, wrote new rules for health care policies that rendered most existing policies illegal. That rendered the grandfathering idea illegal. Insurance companies can't grandfather policies that have been rendered illegal by this new law. There is no such thing as grandfathering because it was sabotaged by the Democrats.

"Rigorous public process?" It was done in back room deals out of the sight of the American public and the Republicans. It was totally sneaky. Nancy Pelosi, then Speaker of The House, said that "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what's in it."

The Republicans tried and tried to warn. I still can't understand why the Democrats, controlling the entire government at the time, brought this botched embarrassment on themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

Absurd.

Brilliant reply. Got a link? cheesy.gif

https://www.google.com.hk/#q=american+psychiatric+association+dsm-v

Jay Leno hit the nail on the head with his quip: "Obama Says If You Like Your Complete Lack of Coverage You Can Keep It." Link

Jay Leno thanks Obama for helping his shop workers get health care
By CHARLIE SPIERING | AUGUST 7, 2013 AT 7:10 AM
w200-916384f5423b3d76abdb6ed73a47dfa5.jp

Comedian Jay Leno may be a multimillionaire, but he thanked President Obama during an appearance on his show Tuesday night for helping him get health care for his shop employees.

“The guys who worked at my shop for me are all over 50. They never had health care,” Leno explained. “And I was able to get it now because you can’t be turned down. So thank you for that.”

“You can’t be turned down because of a preexisting condition,” Obama said proudly as the crowd applauded. “That’s part of what we’re going to be doing.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/jay-leno-thanks-obama-for-helping-his-shop-workers-get-health-care/article/2533966

My only comment in this is that Jay Leno has of course a Cadillac medical insurance policy, probably more a Lamborghini class of a personal medical insurance policy.

• Like 1

What you seem to be forgetting is the Governors of the 25 states do not work for you, Sebelius, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi or Barack Obama.

They work for and report to their constituents. If they are doing something their constituents do not agree with, they are subject to be removed from office at the next election, or even earlier.

Why should the Governor of Missouri, for instance, sign up for something his constituents do not need or want in order to benefit a resident in New Mexico or Arizona, who have signed on the dotted line? They are not his/her responsibility nor are they his/her constituents.

These governors are concerned about their own individual state only and that is the way it should be.

PS: The current Governors of both Arizona and New Mexico are Republicans. The Governor of Missouri is a Democrat.

The logic is flawless, the reasoning impeccable: All for one, one for all, and every state for itself.

Some people just don't play well with others.

Unapologetically so.

And shamelessly so.

• Like 1

I think politicians have forgotten why they were put in charge in the first place.

I hope the nhs isn't headed down this path.

If the NHS fails, it will be because of the incompetent bufoons that have been put in charge, not because it is a bad idea.

I worked in an NHS hospital for 10 years and the amount of managerial incompetence and waste was unbelievable.

Certainly not helped by allowing people that NEVER paid a penny in UK tax to get free operations. I saw that almost every day I worked.

I think politicians have forgotten why they were put in charge in the first place.

I hope the nhs isn't headed down this path.

They don't mention 'hope' as a potential deterrent to waste, fraud and abuse (WFA) in the NHS (just for starters):

NHS Marketisation: Fraud and lessons to be learnt from the US

'Healthcare Fraud in the new NHS market - a threat to patient care' (PDF)

Unbelievable waste as government-purchased medications routinely incinerated

NHS pays out millions to the dead in pensions blunder

Perhaps the ACA political-bureaucracy can demonstrate some more new and exciting WFA tricks such as this:

Undercover Cameras Claim to Catch Obamacare Navigators in Fraud

Edited by MaxYakov

The so called enrollment figures for the first month of operation have been released. The numbers are underwhelming, to say the least.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s Official: Obamacare Enrollment Is Super Low

November 13, 2013

Roughly 100,000 people enrolled in health insurance through Obamacare last month – far short of the administration's goal.

The Health and Human Services Department said 106,185 people have successfully applied for and chosen private insurance through the health care law's new marketplaces. That total is only about 20 percent of the administration's initial enrollment target for October, the first month in which consumers were able to sign up for coverage.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/it-s-official-obamacare-enrollment-is-super-low-20131113

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best comment of the day comes from that evil reprobate, Ted Cruz (R-TX).

106,185 people enrolled in Obamacare. 108,713 attended the 2010 NBA All-Star Game in Cowboys Stadium. #FullRepeal

— Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz) November 13, 2013

The enrollment deadline is March, next year.

We'll see how thing look by then at the latest.

People being people, it will be the same as in Massachusetts with RonmeyCare when early enrollment was paltry (in the extreme) then upwards of 98% coverage.

I've already saved this post so, so should you.

I haven't any doubt you will save this post.

See you then.

In the meantime, keep on postin'

I know I will - of that I'm AlwaysSure.

The so called enrollment figures for the first month of operation have been released. The numbers are underwhelming, to say the least.

It’s Official: Obamacare Enrollment Is Super Low

November 13, 2013

Roughly 100,000 people enrolled in health insurance through Obamacare last month – far short of the administration's goal.

The Health and Human Services Department said 106,185 people have successfully applied for and chosen private insurance through the health care law's new marketplaces. That total is only about 20 percent of the administration's initial enrollment target for October, the first month in which consumers were able to sign up for coverage.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/it-s-official-obamacare-enrollment-is-super-low-20131113

The best comment of the day comes from that evil reprobate, Ted Cruz (R-TX).

106,185 people enrolled in Obamacare. 108,713 attended the 2010 NBA All-Star Game in Cowboys Stadium. #FullRepeal

— Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz) November 13, 2013

The enrollment deadline is March, next year.

We'll see how thing look by then at the latest.

People being people, it will be the same as in Massachusetts with RonmeyCare when early enrollment was paltry (in the extreme) then upwards of 98% coverage.

I've already saved this post so, so should you.

I haven't any doubt you will save this post.

See you then.

In the meantime, keep on postin'

I know I will - of that I'm AlwaysSure.

I don't write the articles, I simply report them.

The way things are sorting out now, March might not even see a successfully working web site, much less 7 million participants.

Save the post if you want. Frankly it isn't worth the effort to me.

Whatever floats your boat.