German Teacher in Rangsit

MAN2SIN2BKK

First, sorry can't find an education forum so................

I am currently living in Rangsit Khlong Sam with my family but will be moving to Germany in March of next year, I am looking for a tutor for my wife and kids to teach them at least the basics of the language but can't find anyone around here. Can anyone offer me some advice please

Thanks in advance

Try the book store! Do you really need a live teacher to teach them conversational level German? I assume they are comfortable enough in English already?

Also, congrats on diversifying your children's life beyond Thailand, which although I love Thailand, I think is a good thing.

Try the book store! Do you really need a live teacher to teach them conversational level German? I assume they are comfortable enough in English already?

Also, congrats on diversifying your children's life beyond Thailand, which although I love Thailand, I think is a good thing.

Thanks for that; my wife found a load of books in Future Park and has started studying; but my 2 oldest boys are 10 and 13. They attend a bilingual school in Rangsit are fluent in English but I need them to integrate into the German schools as quickly as possible. My youngest is 3 so its not a real issue. I will be making the move at the end of February and the family will follow about 6 weeks later.

Yes, there is time for intensive language training when they get there as the German school year starts in September, but its best to get some grounding.

I did consider the Goethe institute but the distance and time involved getting to the city is a problem.

Ideally we are looking for a German who is teaching in the English programme at a local bilingual school when is willing to spend a few hours a week tutoring

Thanks

Thanks for that; my wife found a load of books in Future Park and has started studying; but my 2 oldest boys are 10 and 13. They attend a bilingual school in Rangsit are fluent in English but I need them to integrate into the German schools as quickly as possible. My youngest is 3 so its not a real issue. I will be making the move at the end of February and the family will follow about 6 weeks later.

Yes, there is time for intensive language training when they get there as the German school year starts in September, but its best to get some grounding.

I did consider the Goethe institute but the distance and time involved getting to the city is a problem.

Ideally we are looking for a German who is teaching in the English programme at a local bilingual school when is willing to spend a few hours a week tutoring

Thanks

please consider that three months Goethe Institut (Level One) and your boys will integrate in no time into a German school especially because they are fluent in English.

believe me, it's worth the hassle and expenses for shuttling them back and forth. my wife's mother tongue is English. she did the "Goethe Level One" more than three decades ago and though we never lived (except for a few weeks each year) in Germany and use German at home only when the domestic staff is not supposed to understand, her German is still passable unless she finds out that her counterpart speaks English wink.png

what about hiring a specific and reliable taxi driver for transport? it can't cost a fortune. after all it's a valuable investment in your boys. an additional big plus would be downloading German movies with subtitles.