Minnie

MJP

Minnie is a fast moving target and very difficult to capture at f/1.2 using manual focus. The lens used is a circa. 1975 SMC Pentax-K 50mm f/1.2 which goes straight on my Pentax K-5 IIs, being K-mount 'n all.

PP in LR5.2 to desaturate a bit and remove an intense amount of purple fringing, I mean hideous amounts. Shutter speed was 1/320's second, ISO 80, EV 0, aperture, wide open at f/1.2.

10744249515_2a14259d6f_b.jpg10741687496_baaafc200e_b.jpg

Thanks Rich,

It was a lens test to see how sharp it can be wide open while maximising the bokeh, hence the ISO 80 and f/1.2. I gave it a washed out look to hint at the vintage but you're right, it just looks washed out. thumbsup.gif For a lens from the 1970's it outperforms a lot of todays lenses in my opinion. The Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2 is apparently sharper but the bokeh isn't a good.

Here's Minnie with a bit more life in her. (Everyone thinks Minnie's a boy laugh.png )

10753501774_d9a92ab7f4_b.jpg

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

Thanks Rich,

It was a lens test to see how sharp it can be wide open while maximising the bokeh, hence the ISO 80 and f/1.2. I gave it a washed out look to hint at the vintage but you're right, it just looks washed out. thumbsup.gif For a lens from the 1970's it outperforms a lot of todays lenses in my opinion. The Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2 is apparently sharper but the bokeh isn't a good.

Here's Minnie with a bit more life in her. (Everyone thinks Minnie's a boy laugh.png )

10753501774_d9a92ab7f4_b.jpg

Still looks like you have a bit of a magenta cast to the image. Suggest setting your white and black points and that should remove it and give it a little more pop.

Fiddles, I'm getting lost with this thing now. How does this look?

10755196345_2638e25da4_b.jpg

That's got some of it out. There is still some in there but not as much. Can you see the difference?

Sorry Fiddles, just got dragged out by our kid to buy vases for silk flowers. No was not going to be taken for an answer.

Yes, I desaturated the magenta and purple channels as much as I could and played about with white/black balance.

Edited by MJP