Two Russian tourists die in crash in Thailand after driver dozes off at wheel

webfact

With all due respect to the MOUTH that criticises the other guy to buy some new glasses and read the report correctly.

The 2 in the car were Mr Muttafan and Ms AYA, the person thrown from the car Ms IRA.

The report: Mr Muttafan and Ms IRA died latter in hospital, so Mr Mouth the person Thrown from the car Ms IRA was the other person who died, the other person in the car Ms AYA seems to be the survivor.

You can go in the kitchen and wipe the egg off your mouth. Ha Ha. Love people like you.

I have an Idea it was clarified earlier by me and others, how many more clarifications.

please let us have another to tell us who died and who didn't. How and why only OFFICERS say so. up to now. hopefully the female who survived quickly gets well.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the State of Washington they have little ripples in the asphalt along side some of the highways so that if you run over them they will make a noise and wake you up.

These ripples/strips are becoming quite common in Europe and the UK - great idea!

My bessy new Merc, has a device that monitors your driving, if it suspects you're nodding off, an alarm sounds and a coffee cup icon flashes on the dash! Brilliant!

As for the actual cause of this tragic accident - wouldn't the compulsory fitting of dash-cams be a superb idea [worldwide]?

• Like 1

With all due respect to the MOUTH that criticises the other guy to buy some new glasses and read the report correctly.

The 2 in the car were Mr Muttafan and Ms AYA, the person thrown from the car Ms IRA.

The report: Mr Muttafan and Ms IRA died latter in hospital, so Mr Mouth the person Thrown from the car Ms IRA was the other person who died, the other person in the car Ms AYA seems to be the survivor.

You can go in the kitchen and wipe the egg off your mouth. Ha Ha. Love people like you.

I was going to say that. It always pays to read the article carefully yourself before criticising someone else's ability to read. Too many people forget basic courtesy when they get behind a keyboard.
  • Like 1

I have an Idea it was clarified earlier by me and others, how many more clarifications.

please let us have another to tell us who died and who didn't. How and why only OFFICERS say so. up to now. hopefully the female who survived quickly gets well.

Am I reading this correct:

In the headlines on the Thavisa page: 2 Russians die as THAI driver dozes off, in the actual report it seems that the driver was Russian ??????

2 Russians died, 1 was the driver.

How many more clarifications are needed? One, and it was you, after complaining about too many of them!

2 Russians died, 1 was the driver.

How many more clarifications are needed? One, and it was you, after complaining about too many of them!

Well well who would have guessed you would come out with a comment like that.

I merely stated it once and still people posted and were confused.

Have you any comments about the incident or have you come on to criticize again. ?? Hit and run man again ??

It's a valid question to ask how do they know he fell asleep. So soon after the accident and driver likely has serious injuries. It's not like they look in the car wreck and find a snoring driver at the wheel.

@harrycallahan: Perhaps you might consider investing in some new spectacles, because if you were able to 'read' properly, you might have discovered that the driver died in this accident, as did 1 other pax. however; there WAS a third pax. ("thrown from the vehicle") who survived. Do you agree that it might just be possible that this (lone surviving pax) may have contributed to the facts, namely that the driver fell asleep at the wheel ? ? ? ?

What do YOU think ???

coffee1.gif

"Nearby, police found another Russian tourist, identified as Ms. Ira, 28, who is believed to have been thrown out of the car.

The tourists were transported to Sichon Hospital, where Mr. Muttafan and Ms. Ira later died".

Perhaps you should also consider buying new spectacles or learn to read properly. The person thrown from the car died.

@Lensta: I hate to admit it; but you are absolutely right ! ! - I mixed-up the names and I am now on my way to the Optician's Shop to buy new glasses, right after I washed all that egg off my face . . . . . 555 ....... When you're right, you're tight and when I'm wrong I AM SO WRONG ! !

sick.gifsorry.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

How do know the driver doze off ?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Good point. Perhaps this is a Thai way of mitigating (when a Thai does it) the incriminating possibility that he was awake and simply driving poorly, as the majority of them do.

Or, considering the lunatic methods and logic employed by investigators; maybe they said this because his body appeared to be in the sleeping position on the ground, aided by the fact that his eyes were closed.

What? No blood test before this (*#(%*$ reporter blurts out a story?

You can't fix stupid!

UNLESS the surviving passenger has stated that the deceased driver fell asleep, How can anyone say he did ??? the reporter Quoted what the police told him????? OR Like me 2 weeks ago on Highway 331-to Sattahip hit a 30cm pot hole(waterfilled) buckled my mag and mega puncture. Who is responsible for main highways that are disgusting in places.

Not saying it was the road, but it is as good as saying he was asleep.

Don't forget it said "according to OFFICERS" how many ????

You are preaching to the choir, my friend. When it involves Thais in any way, who knows? ...who knows, indeed!

Read all the post man the other person or persons travelling in the car with him said he fell asleep. dry.png

I never saw that, because it said "Officers said it. one who survived could have the other NO because she died.

Most of you who have been here long enough should know by now that it is a total waste of time to speculate let alone deliberate as the to how and why, from the scant and often erroneous information provided in these news briefs.

You should also know that it is not beyond comprehension for the local police to make conclusions without substance,especially if it wraps everything up in a nice tidy bundle. Based on what has been reported there are a myriad of reasons why this car left the road and two of the passengers sadly lost their lives. The medical condition of the third passenger is still unknown.

• Like 2

How do you know he didn't?

Come on you conspiracy theorists, get your morning coffee down your neck and start typing.

yes,u must be right ,comm'n lets start typing,doesn't matter what the facts are.

They found a 3d russian near the car so probably there are more ,they were waiting for that car to show up !

they were hiding behind a big corrupt tree and ....

It's a valid question to ask how do they know he fell asleep. So soon after the accident and driver likely has serious injuries. It's not like they look in the car wreck and find a snoring driver at the wheel.

@harrycallahan: Perhaps you might consider investing in some new spectacles, because if you were able to 'read' properly, you might have discovered that the driver died in this accident, as did 1 other pax. however; there WAS a third pax. ("thrown from the vehicle") who survived. Do you agree that it might just be possible that this (lone surviving pax) may have contributed to the facts, namely that the driver fell asleep at the wheel ? ? ? ?

What do YOU think ???

coffee1.gif

Don't know about Harry, but i say no. If she had seen the driving sleeping it would stand to reason she would have woken him up. Of course she could have contacted the police from beyond the grave and told them ..

Just another unfortunate car accident. No Thai's to blame for this one so should be short thread.

Perhaps, the BIB conjecture is correct that the Russian driver fell asleep and caused the accident, but quite frequently in LOS cars are run off the road by other drivers that have fallen asleep and the like. So let the thread begin.

I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident in Canada. When I was in the hospital my room mate was a Royal Canadian Mou8nted Police Officer. He told me there was as many accidents caused by falling asleep at the wheel as there was by drinking and driving.I strongly suspect that there are a lot of people who have begun to nod off at the wheel and not quite gone off for more that a second.

In the State of Washington they have little ripples in the asphalt along side some of the highways so that if you run over them they will make a noise and wake you up.

They have them in the UK as well. There are some cars that alert the driver based on detecting the white lines along some roads. Citroen

did this on some models.

RIP

Wow, Dr Watson I would never have thought of that. You should know the press, police probably said I looks like that as no other vehicle involved, no slippery wet road, no cow, horse, person or no banana skins on the road and the press reporter just takes it to give a good headline. They were coming back from Malaysia police prob check the passports and see the entry stamp and surmised a probable cause and it is taken as the cause by the incompetent reporter (paper)

Wow, Dr Watson I would never have thought of that. You should know the press, police probably said I looks like that as no other vehicle involved, no slippery wet road, no cow, horse, person or no banana skins on the road and the press reporter just takes it to give a good headline. They were coming back from Malaysia police prob check the passports and see the entry stamp and surmised a probable cause and it is taken as the cause by the incompetent reporter (paper)

But do you know what happened ?

What do YOU think ???

coffee1.gif

"Nearby, police found another Russian tourist, identified as Ms. Ira, 28, who is believed to have been thrown out of the car.

The tourists were transported to Sichon Hospital, where Mr. Muttafan and Ms. Ira later died".

Perhaps you should also consider buying new spectacles or learn to read properly. The person thrown from the car died.

That is what I said, the person thrown from the car died, read it again and the report. You said the 2 in the car died

Looks like a new Bangkok registration so unlikely that the steering failed...

?

The license plate clearly shows Surat Thani registration. No cue how new

Looks like a BKK reg!! <deleted>. Why on earth would you make that presumption if u can't read Thai. The mind boggles!!!!!!!!!!

Just another unfortunate car accident. No Thai's to blame for this one so should be short thread.

wow, pre-emptive thai appoligist. you're right on the ball mate. you're the sort of tom cruise of thai visa - you know like in the movie minority report.

anyhow, poor souls what a tragedy RIP

I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident in Canada. When I was in the hospital my room mate was a Royal Canadian Mou8nted Police Officer. He told me there was as many accidents caused by falling asleep at the wheel as there was by drinking and driving.I strongly suspect that there are a lot of people who have begun to nod off at the wheel and not quite gone off for more that a second.

In California they are half-dome reflectors called bop dots that really alert one to drifting out of a lane. Bikers refer to splitting lanes of slow moving traffic as riding the bop dots.

These ripples/strips are becoming quite common in Europe and the UK - great idea!

Well there we have it folks The RCMP in Canada the states of Washington and California Europe and the UK all recognize the danger of people falling asleep at the wheel.

Here in Thai Visa land we hear of it happening and try to ignore it by pointing fingers and debating on who was where. Wake up people just because you are in Thailand does not mean it isn't a problem and dosen't happen here.

The fact remains one person fell asleep at the wheel and two died.

It really pisses me off. I have had so many drivers falling asleep on me. The last was from Pattaya to BKK and I had to keep nudging. Pulled him over twice and bought him a coffee each time. It has happened many times....Money is obviously more important than safety and reaching the destination alive - things is, they forget to realize that they won't get the money if we are all dead.

Well you may be a newbie but you have got a grasp on reality much quicker than most.wai2.gif

• Like 1