electric current/humming felt on laptop due to no grounding in thailand.

snake24

I started this thread before but didn't really get a proper answer.

Well it turns out it occurs in thailand but not in my home country singapore.

So far i have plugged my lappy a macbook pro into 2 power outlets of 2 rather high classed hotels in thailand bkk and felt a mild electric current/hum.

I searched this on the net and it mentioned 3 prong doesn't cause this to occur and as you know thailand only has 2 prong outlets but my lappy's charger has 3 cos i purchased it from singapore. I use an adpater to power it up obviously but seems like this doesn't work.

Anyway i asked here last time and other posters mentioned they felt the same thing and it's just the way thailand is cos it seems many buildings didn't ground their electrical sockets or something like that due to shoddy construction or a hackcare attitude.

Just want to know is this true? The US also has 2 prong outlets but are their electric systems properly grounded?

If you feel an electric charge on your laptop or appliance it isn't the appliance's fault but rather the electrical source's fault right?

I started this thread before but didn't really get a proper answer.

I think you were provided with a good answer to this problem here:

What he says ^^. Common problem in Thailand with computer shocks and no grounded outlets.

Therefore, please do not post the same topic again, you could bump your original topic to seek more answers.

This one is now closed.

• Like 2