Can I bring sausages into Thailand?

Shoeboat

Technically not permitted, in reality you will likely have no problem even if your luggage is x-rayed in the green channel. The customs bods are looking for booze and tobacco, easily located and clearly marked as illegal in the customs area.

I've come through Swampy two dozen times and to this day I have not seen a customs official. I always arrive at 1am, which probably has something to do with it.

Meat pies are my nemesis and I bring more each time I come. Case was 20% meat product last time I arrived. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Just give me your flight number and arrival date and I'll square it off with the lads. My fee is modest.

My ex always brings me cheese and salami when she comes back from Germany - no problems. Not a bad ex, eh? Some people marry the wrong one - I divorced the wrong one.

Bring them in.

Confiscation is the only risk - and that is a remote possibility.

I would usually bring in about 8 kilos of extra mature or vintage Cheddar.

sausages and pies I would not bother with as there a very good ones available in Thailand (for my taste).

I've come through Swampy two dozen times and to this day I have not seen a customs official. I always arrive at 1am, which probably has something to do with it.

Meat pies are my nemesis and I bring more each time I come. Case was 20% meat product last time I arrived. whistling.gif

one time i came in with 20 tins of spam.and 5lbs.of welsh salty butter.

How do you do the pies?

My Lassie got the taste for a chunky beef one in Australia (that and a French Vanilla Slice) ... what's the process for freezing, wrapping for flight, keeping it cool so it doesn't spoil etc ... how do you do it?

How do you do the pies?

My Lassie got the taste for a chunky beef one in Australia (that and a French Vanilla Slice) ... what's the process for freezing, wrapping for flight, keeping it cool so it doesn't spoil etc ... how do you do it?

hi dai i always fridge it first, then wrap in foil,then in between eg.towells in the front of the case where it will get the best support.

from home in the uk.to phuket 25hrs plus, with butter and still good on arrival.sausages and bacon freeze first wrap in a towel then put them in a plastic container.

How do you do the pies?

Only because it is in the general topics........anywhere else and I would not point out........I would possibly refrain from using the words....

"My lassie" and "got the taste for a chunky beef one" in the same sentence. Not sure what a French Vanilla Slice is.......

• Like 2

How do you do the pies?

hi dai i always fridge it first, then wrap in foil,then in between eg.towells in the front of the case where it will get the best support.

from home in the uk.to phuket 25hrs plus, with butter and still good on arrival.sausages and bacon freeze first wrap in a towel then put them in a plastic container.

I use three small insulated chilli-bags, the kind that you take to the rugby to put your beer in. But I add 2 of those frozen freezer thingies, I just call them cool-packs. They're frozen plastic liquid things that you add to a chilli-bag to keep things cooler.

Refrig before you pack. They're in my suitcase for about 18 hours and come out at refrigerator temperature. Throw in a towel to soak up the minimal moisture the cool-pack will release - no problem.

How do you do the pies?

Only because it is in the general topics........anywhere else and I would not point out........I would possibly refrain from using the words....

"My lassie" and "got the taste for a chunky beef one" in the same sentence. Not sure what a French Vanilla Slice is.......

Alas rct99q, fine Sir, I have again run out of likes ... would you settle for a ... thumbsup.gif

As for a French Vanilla Slice ...

Van-Slice.jpg

'tis sweet as her kiss!

I brought my sausage back in my trousers ,done it dozens of times without a problem.

They're not looking for cocktail sausages.

Best reply of the day...so far

Yes, did also make me smile.

I do like the game called 'Hide the Sausage' ... whistling.gif

david

everytime i come over from new zealand i freeze my sausages then put them in silver foil then in a freezer bag by the time i get here they have not thawed out

Same as what I do from Aus, last load was 10kg's of sausages and a 2 dozen meat pies. All still frozen when unpacked.

Did not realise I was breaking the law, if only someone in Pattaya would make a proper Aussie style BBQ sausage.

one time i came in with 20 tins of spam.and 5lbs.of welsh salty butter.

Interstate transportation of Spam carries a maximum penalty of twelve years in Klong Prem and/or defenestration.

david

everytime i come over from new zealand i freeze my sausages then put them in silver foil then in a freezer bag by the time i get here they have not thawed out

When up in the air,do the temperature in luggage hall gets to freezing?

david

When up in the air,do the temperature in luggage hall gets to freezing?

Considering they put peoples pets in the luggage hold I suspect it does not get to freezing point.

Do not bring meats of any kind.It really isn't worth breaking the law.

You might not get caught because they are really focused on drugs but occassionally I have seen bags checked.

and what book do u abide by.......all expats are laden with food from their own country when coming in...ive bought in legs of lamb, chops,cheese and u name it...the most they can do is take it off u but ive hd them say...enjoy it once when I was checked..they dont give a brass razoo about food...they arent even looking for it...........

Do not bring meats of any kind.It really isn't worth breaking the law.

You might not get caught because they are really focused on drugs but occassionally I have seen bags checked.

and what book do u abide by.......all expats are laden with food from their own country when coming in...ive bought in legs of lamb, chops,cheese and u name it...the most they can do is take it off u but ive hd them say...enjoy it once when I was checked..they dont give a brass razoo about food...they arent even looking for it...........

• Like 2