PM: Govt fighting at full capacity in Preah Vihear case for Thai benefit

Lite Beer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were reports on the BBC of Thai military aircraft flying over the vicinity of Preah Vihere just a couple of days ago which put Cambodia on alert. I have seen no mention of this in the English language press here.Trust the Government to start making waves before this critical judgement. But in fairness, the Government have no control over the military.

The PM/DM might want to take issue with you over that or are you saying she's a toothless leader?

Ahhh... She appears to have a head full of chompers, but does she bite?

Only her husband would know.

She certainly sucks as a PM though.

• Like 2

A little more research by those that think this is only about a tiny amount of land need to do some research.

It's a tiny amount of "worthless land". Feel better now?

That's what the British were saying about the Falklands!!!!!

I believe Yingluck is to the same calibre as Maggy.giggle.gif

A little more research by those that think this is only about a tiny amount of land need to do some research.

That's what the British were saying about the Falklands!!!!!

I believe Yingluck is to the same calibre as Maggy.giggle.gif

"I believe Yingluck is to the same calibre as Maggy."giggle.gif

This has to be the quote of the week.

A comparison between a BB gun and an Uzi.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

"No matter what the outcome, Thailand and Cambodia will have to negotiate for the conclusion to end conflict and that must be accepted by both countries, stated the Thai premier."

Can't anyone focus on the positive in the statement? Why just pick apart various parts of the PM's post? Why is everything so negative? I can understand the attacks on things like the amnesty bill but why is this an issue to attack the Prime Minister? To me it looks like overall the post was meant to try and calm things a little prior to the news on Monday but the members here have to pick at every little words. Get a life!

Like it or not, she did become Prime Minister of a country and that is sure a damn site more than most of us have attained in life. While you may or may not like her style or politics she has millions that do support her, just as Sarah Palin did for that matter. You can call the PM and Sarah Palin stupid women but my guess is that they are not by any means stupid or naive. Basically the complainers are 9 times out of 10 just always complaining about everything.

• Like 1

and again if you think this is only about a tiny amount of land (no matter how you personally value it) you need to do some research.

Since you seem to be the only one here knowledgeable about that, why don't you spill the beans, rather than talking in mystic circles.

Like it or not, she did become Prime Minister of a country and that is sure a dam_n site more than most of us have attained in life.

She surely did that, it must have been a long hard road for her, sitting on her hands and having an egotistical, megalomaniac, power hungry big brother stick her in a position that she neither wants or can handle.

I feel so ashamed that I haven't been able to achieve the same sort of devastation as she has, I have the capability, but not the right contacts.

• Like 2

and again if you think this is only about a tiny amount of land (no matter how you personally value it) you need to do some research.

Don't mention oil & gas offshore, or rumoured side-agreements, between certain political-leaders. wink.png

• Like 1

It's not about the land at all to be honest, but rather an excuse for the escalation of Nationalism between two countries with guns pointed at each other.

"No matter what the outcome, Thailand and Cambodia will have to negotiate for the conclusion to end conflict and that must be accepted by both countries, stated the Thai premier."

Can't anyone focus on the positive in the statement? Why just pick apart various parts of the PM's post? Why is everything so negative? I can understand the attacks on things like the amnesty bill but why is this an issue to attack the Prime Minister? To me it looks like overall the post was meant to try and calm things a little prior to the news on Monday but the members here have to pick at every little words. Get a life!

Like it or not, she did become Prime Minister of a country and that is sure a dam_n site more than most of us have attained in life. While you may or may not like her style or politics she has millions that do support her, just as Sarah Palin did for that matter. You can call the PM and Sarah Palin stupid women but my guess is that they are not by any means stupid or naive. Basically the complainers are 9 times out of 10 just always complaining about everything.

If a Thai can go to an American university and obtain a master's degree with such limited English they cannot be called stupid or naive.... quite the opposite in fact.

She must be a very smart Thai lady.

• Like 1

Like it or not, she did become Prime Minister of a country and that is sure a dam_n site more than most of us have attained in life. While you may or may not like her style or politics she has millions that do support her, just as Sarah Palin did for that matter. You can call the PM and Sarah Palin stupid women but my guess is that they are not by any means stupid or naive. Basically the complainers are 9 times out of 10 just always complaining about everything.

If a Thai can go to an American university and obtain a master's degree with such limited English they cannot be called stupid or naive.... quite the opposite in fact.

Let me correct that for you.

If a Thai can go to an American university and obtain a master's degree with such limited English they cannot must be called stupid or naive.... quite the opposite in fact.

She must be a very smart rich Thai lady.

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered fair use and not a violation of copyright.

Off topic posts have been removed as well.

If a Thai can go to an American university and obtain a master's degree with such limited English they cannot must be called stupid or naive.... quite the opposite in fact.

Honestly I know 15 year old Thais that have never spent a day in an English speaking country that have no problem with pronunciation, intonation, stress on syllables, conjugating verbs or choosing correct tenses. Furthermore; I know students that have spent as little as a year in an English speaking country and can speak excellent English. She has a Masters Degree from an American university and her brother has a PHD from the same country and neither she nor he can speak a word of English without looking like the monkey's bottom, and that is either a very sad reflection on the universities they attended or their willingness to learn.

Time to do some research with some of their old classmates. Anyone?

Edited by Local Drunk

She also called on the Thai people to trust in their government, saying the government will follow the Thai Constitution and that it will listen to public opinions before taking any action.

You would have to laugh if it weren't so sad!

I really do wonder what she means by following the constitution! Which constitution would that be, the one that was in place before they tried to change it or one of the six that have been put forward or dare I say even the 2 that Chalerm say's he will put forward if he can stand on his own two feet long enough?

Seriously, this PTP crowd are an insult to the Thai Nation and its people.

That is not the view of the international community of statesmen an politicians.

Honestly I know 15 year old Thais that have never spent a day in an English speaking country that have no problem with pronunciation, intonation, stress on syllables, conjugating verbs or choosing correct tenses. Furthermore; I know students that have spent as little as a year in an English speaking country and can speak excellent English. She has a Masters Degree from an American university and her brother has a PHD from the same country and neither she nor he can speak a word of English without looking like the monkey's bottom, and that is either a very sad reflection on the universities they attended or their willingness to learn.

Time to do some research with some of their old classmates. Anyone?

Ah you are clearly one of us with our lovely bits of parchment with an impressive logo at its head.

However we have to remember that roughly half of the professional world in all professions including Politics have never graduated at any university,

You are either preaching to the gallery or you are a fool. Remember the greatest political leader of the last century was considered by many people like us to be a dunce. I mean Churchill of course.

She also called on the Thai people to trust in their government, saying the government will follow the Thai Constitution and that it will listen to public opinions before taking any action.

You would have to laugh if it weren't so sad!

I really do wonder what she means by following the constitution! Which constitution would that be, the one that was in place before they tried to change it or one of the six that have been put forward or dare I say even the 2 that Chalerm say's he will put forward if he can stand on his own two feet long enough?

Seriously, this PTP crowd are an insult to the Thai Nation and its people.

That is not the view of the international community of statesmen an politicians.

what do they know?

Presumably the result of the case will be announced in European time from the Hague. Reading the summaries of the two sides lawyers I got the impression the counsel for the Cambodians had built a better case. Most of Thailand's motions had also been denied by a substantial majority at the court, whether that has any implications for the actual judgement...

Not that either LD .. but keep guessing xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png

There must be a mountain of gold under that temple...

Well, kind of...it's black gold and it's not under the temple. The temple is just the collateral/security for the deal. Watch this space! Thaksin will be very happy with a verdict in Cambodia's favour. I would buy shares in his Oil and Gas business now.