Selling my car. Blue book transfer. Help needed asap

aussiejon1604

Hi all.

It would be appreciated if any other expats could advise me on the following question.

I live in Pattaya and currently have a car for sale with Bangkok number plates. When I originally purchased the car from a Thai national I had to meet him at the Bangkok motor registry, have the car VIN number inspected/confirmed and then supply my immigration paperwork for my name to be entered into the blue book as the new owner. Simple enough. To sell the car, I assumed the process would need to be repeated. Here is my question.

I have someone who wants to buy the car but they are in Hua Hin. They are willing to come to Pattaya and buy the car but have told me that I do not need to repeat the above process in order to complete the sale. They have suggested that they do not need to accompany me to the Bangkok registry but are willing to part with the cash as I won't accept a cheque. They have said to me that all I need to do is supply them with a copy of my passport face page and a copy of my visa so as they can change the blue book details and number plate back in Hua Hin. Is this routine and legit and common practice or should I become suspicious? I really need to sell the car but handing over my personal info and not seeing a name change in the blue book has me concerned.

Many thanks

Edited by aussiejon1604

Also when giving copies of passport cross them with a pen sign and write for transfet of vehicle xxxxxx.

They will ask you to sign a document which allows them to transfer in your absence. Also give a receipt and get a copy signed by them confirming date of sale and ask for a copy of id of the purchaser (say for your records)

Good luck

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

If you as the seller are not accompanying the buyer to the LTD to do the book transfer you will also need to provide a power of attorney form and vehicle owner transfer form.

also you will need to provide a residency certificate (or is that only for the buyer ?)

Check this thread, it has the downloads for the power of attorney and owner transfer forms.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557601-how-to-transfer-ownership-by-proxy-tell-me-please/

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

If you as the seller are not accompanying the buyer to the LTD to do the book transfer you will also need to provide a power of attorney form and vehicle owner transfer form.

also you will need to provide a residency certificate.

I did exactly this just a few months back.

1) Signed the power of attorney form.

2) Signed photo copy of Passport ID page

3) Signed photo copy of Passport Visa page

4) Affirmation of Address (from Brit Embassy - I'm not sure if this is necessary for selling a vehicle but I provided a photocopy anyway).

After transferring the money the new owner took care of the DLT transfer himself.

• Like 1

Also when giving copies of passport cross them with a pen sign and write for transfet of vehicle xxxxxx.

They will ask you to sign a document which allows them to transfer in your absence. Also give a receipt and get a copy signed by them confirming date of sale and ask for a copy of id of the purchaser (say for your records)

Good luck

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank you thailauren. Every bit of information helps.

also you will need to provide a residency certificate (or is that only for the buyer ?)

Check this thread, it has the downloads for the power of attorney and owner transfer forms.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557601-how-to-transfer-ownership-by-proxy-tell-me-please/

Thank you Spoonman. All the info I need within a few replies. I have just downloaded all the paperwork. Excellent!

also you will need to provide a residency certificate.

I did exactly this just a few months back.

1) Signed the power of attorney form.

2) Signed photo copy of Passport ID page

3) Signed photo copy of Passport Visa page

4) Affirmation of Address (from Brit Embassy - I'm not sure if this is necessary for selling a vehicle but I provided a photocopy anyway).

After transferring the money the new owner took care of the DLT transfer himself.

Cheers and Thank you!