Repeated request for O-negative blood in Pattaya

george

URGENT: O-Negative blood needed in Pattaya

This is a repeated request for O-negative blood for a foreigner in Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital IN PATTAYA.

Please help donate blood there URGENTLY!

Here are the Qualifications for Blood donations at BPH, the hospital can be contacted on 1719 for any questions.

Blood Donation
Donors' Qualifications:
1. 17-60 years of age.
2. Excellent health, with the weight over 45 kg.
3. No history of hepatitis or jaundice.
4. No history of malarial fever for the past
3 years and no sexually transmitted diseases,infectious diseases, persistent cough, coughing up blood, hemophilia, blood-related diseases,asthma, allergy, epilepsy, long-term skin diseases, kidney diseases, heart problems, diabetes, thyroid.
5. No considerable weight loss.
6. No behaviors of sexual promiscuity. No record of drug use.
7. Female donors are not menstruating or pregnant.
Before blood donation:
  • Get enough sleep-at least 6 hours.
  • Stay healthy--free from colds and medications.
  • Prior to the donation, eat non-fat digestible food.
  • No alcoholic beverages 24 hours before the donation.
  • To enhance the blood-purifying capacity of the lungs, quit smoking 1 hour before and after the donation.
Please do not give blood if:
  • You or your spouse has been involved in sexual intercourse with a male or femaleprostitute without using condoms during the past 3 months.
  • You or your spouse have been intravenous drug users.
  • You have tested positive for HIV.
After Blood Donation:
  • Rest for a while. Getting up abruptly may cause nausea.
  • Drink the beverage prepared for you
  • and drink a lot of water for 1 day.
  • Make sure you feel all right before leaving.
  • In case of dizziness, tell the officer immediately.
  • Take the prescribed iron 1 tablet once a day to prevent iron deficiency.
  • To prevent bruises and swelling, avoid using the punctured arm for 12 hours.
  • Avoid activities that use too much energy and cause perspiration.

Thank you!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received an urgent PM:

It seems blood cannot be given at BHP!!! Blood has to be given at

Queen Sirikit Hospital Sattahip (government hospital)
163 Moo 1 Plutaluang, Sattahip, Tel. (+66) 38-245 735

OR

Queen Savang Vadhana Memorial Hospital
Somdej Hospital (government hospital)

290 Jermjomphol Road, Sri Racha, Chonburi 20110
Tel. (+66) 38-322 157-9, (+66) 38-311 298, (+66) 38-312 890-2

Tell it is for mister. Rene at the ICU in BPH Pattaya

Operation is scheduled for 8PM tonight, so very urgent.

Edited by Mario2008

Edit:

OR

My blood type is O, but the Thai Red Cross didn't tell me if i am O-neg or O-pos. How do i assume i am positive because they didn't say otherwise?

If they didn't tell you, you can simply not know.

It is often indicated by O(-) or O (+) if that is any help incase they gave a paper.

My blood type is O, but the Thai Red Cross didn't tell me if i am O-neg or O-pos. How do i assume i am positive because they didn't say otherwise?

you can"t "tell" without testing (@ doctor/hospital).

Statistically high chances that your are rh+ (around 85% of Caucasians are rh+, even more, 99% of Asians are rh+, hence that patient is in a tough spot unfortunately)

Edited by TTom911

If you don't know, you should (you might need some one day) and the way you find out is to get a few mils tested.

Yes, most people are O-plus as opposed to O-neg, As you can't tell, it is important to check. You might have O-neg, which is rare in Thailand and every donation counts.

even if not told, the hospital which did the check should have the info on record, blood group tests (should) always also include test for rh factor.

EDIT: I just saw he said he was tested at Thai Red Cross... no chance to get that info on Sunday night, I am pretty sure...

Best to give the ER of that hospital a call, provide the background/reason and maybe they will try and pull out the record, coz of confidentiality that info would normally not be given over the phone, but maybe someone has "mercy", given the reason, worth a try.

Edited by TTom911

Have just gone to donate at 8 pm.

Front Desk at Hospital knows NOTHING about this, so I left them my phone number.

They called me back and said not needed tonight, but tomorrow they would like to have blood donated.  ( 9 to 4 pm )

I was told to contact the blood bank when at the hospital

Thank You.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There are two hospitals to donate:

OR

But the red cross in Bangkok is also fine.

Whoever this patient is, he must have a lot of sway with Thai Visa to get two consecutive posts on this forum. I wonder how many others are in the same situation that never get any assistance.

Off topic. But this sure isn't the first time we send out a message for a blood donation. Over the years we have send many of them and unfortunately will have to send many of them in the future.

We do try to help with these kind of requests.

• Like 2

Have plenty of O neg but based in Bangkok??

The red cross in Bangkok will be happy to take receive your blood. Please state that it is for rene at ICU in BHP Pattaya.

O-neg will never go wasted. It is much needed in Thailand and always needed.

• Like 1

I am in Chiang Mai and will not go to much into it. I also have RH negative and they had to put my operation off for a week while they lookwed around for another unit. They had recieved one from Bangkok.

What I would like to say again is if you have friends coming over who qualify to give blood ask them if they will. I have a boy who comes over every year and I asked him if he would give and he said no problem. I think it is good for up to a year after you give.

Here in Chiang Mai we can only give at the two red cross locations. I am going to try to get there locations and then post it on the Chiang Mai forum.

Now I am going to put a post on the General forum. Makes no difference where you are you never know. to the best of my knowledge there is only .3% asians with O negaative while back home it is about 15% of the type O are negative.

I hope all comes oit well for the patient. Sorry about spelling spell checker being cranky.

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you who helped and the Thaivisa management for the prompt support.

Rene received blood just in time and his life was saved.

This does not stop the request (or need) for o negative blood as there is apparently nothing left in 300 km surroundings.

Especially if you are o negative yourself, this episode drastically showed how rare your blood type is and in your own interest please donate.

Donating is only possible in government hospitals. Private hospitals have no screening bags as I learned last night. Why it is so is completely beyond me but if we need blood urgently after 6 PM, you have to wait for the next day when the donation officer is back on duty.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1