Nichada Thani

• 4 months later...

Old post i know. I'm answering becuase nobody else has.

I'm not a resident but I attend a church in Nichada Thani so I've been through the neighborhood a few times.

Here's my thoughts. It's a very nice and quiet place. With all the Farang around, it doesn't feel like Thailand at all. Most people get around with golf carts. There's even golf-cart parking for Nichada residents at Central Chaing Wattana. International School of Bangkok is smack dab in the center of it so I think most residents send their kids there. There's tons of embassy employees that live there so it's a very transient community.

In short, it's a pleasant Farang bubble. For me, I like living in Thailand and interacting with Thai people so I wouldn't buy or rent there but for other people who can't adjust to Thai society well, I think it would be good. If you had kids and were staying for 2-3 years, it would be ideal, if you're a long term resident in Thailand, I don't see the point. Then again, I don't speak for everyone.

• Like 1

I think so, I've frequently seen ads in Chaengwattana for Nichada Thani. Since many ambassadors and staff stay there, there's a ton of stuff always opening up. I'm sure there's places available in every area. There's several different sub neighborhoods and buildings depending on what income level you're at.

• Like 1