Need help to choose a fun car

TramsRepus

A Focus isnt a fun car, a Accord is a quick car though. Never knew it would have that much HP and it looks quite nice also. I just got back from a trip to Hua Hin and saw a very nice TTS, will try to check one out at F1 Autosport but its difficult to find Audi servicepoints in my area.

Curious what kind of car the OP has on his mind now, maybe should check out the SLK again ;-)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Focus isnt a fun car, a Accord is a quick car though. Never knew it would have that much HP and it looks quite nice also. I just got back from a trip to Hua Hin and saw a very nice TTS, will try to check one out at F1 Autosport but its difficult to find Audi servicepoints in my area.

Curious what kind of car the OP has on his mind now, maybe should check out the SLK again ;-)

I will probably order the Mazda CX-5 2.2 Diesel as it looks now. And I will get my new big bike in 2 weeks so the 3-4 month waiting time will at least be bearable.

The focus is 1300 kg with 136 HP and the Accord 1550 kg with more than double (280) the HP.. Would've expect more performance from the Accord.

So whats your point . ?. A Cagiva scooter 125cc can blast away a 250 Honda Dream Mocy.. Can a Focus eat an Evo ? , don't go from one extreme to the other, an Accords an Old Mans Tub with a turn of speed .....Anyway, I don't like em personally but a Tweaked Golf creams the lot here in Thailand, which is what the O.P. wanted to know , i presume .thumbsup.gif

You clearly never have driven one.

Accord is not quick, it's about as "quick" as your Tuna.

I will probably order the Mazda CX-5 2.2 Diesel as it looks now. And I will get my new big bike in 2 weeks so the 3-4 month waiting time will at least be bearable.

Trams, do share your offer as I am also considering a CX-5 diesel. Many thanks in advance!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Trams, do share your offer as I am also considering a CX-5 diesel. Many thanks in advance!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They did not offer much except mats, film etc. If paying cash, no insurance is offered. And the interest is like 2800 baht a month (168,000Kbaht in 60 month) That saving will pay both my insurance and gas so i can live with that.

• 2 weeks later...

^ that S5 is a beast.

Oh indeed! I own an S5 (Sportback) and it is so much fun to drive, where ever, when ever....

The car comes with a 3l V6 Kompressor with 330 HP and a 7 g DSG and adaptive (i.e. individually settable) suspension. I set it to short response throttle, direct steering, sport diff, but comfort damper and it drives like an angel with the devil under the nightie cheesy.gif

In addition it has 4 doors, a hatchback and a lot of space. The Missus and the kids love it.

My grin on the face is best when I accelerate up through the gears with the paddle shift without lifting the throttle...a big bang at every shift! Reminds me the Formula 1 in the 70ties with these 1.5 l turbos...licklips.gif

Check any older BMW or Merc very carefully its not uncommon here for the engine and gearbox to be replaced by a V6 from japan as the bodies and chassis hold up well by the engines and gearboxe get shagged and mullahed by thai mechanics , i have seen dozens of these conversions over the years on german cars some barely out of warramty with Toyota,Honda or Nissan V6 under the hood .

Check any older BMW or Merc very carefully its not uncommon here for the engine and gearbox to be replaced by a V6 from japan as the bodies and chassis hold up well by the engines and gearboxe get shagged and mullahed by thai mechanics , i have seen dozens of these conversions over the years on german cars some barely out of warramty with Toyota,Honda or Nissan V6 under the hood .

All caused by people not noticing that the radiator has drained after being damaged by a stone according to a TV expert.

Edited by Wong!

Not sure any of any Japanese V6 popular for a swap to a German RWD car.

The Toyota 1JZ/2JZ is a straight 6 most popular, Toyota 1UZ is a V8, Nissan RB26 maybe but not popular (also a straight 6). Don't know any Honda unit popular for swap into a German RWD car.

IMO nothing wrong with a car with a swapped motor if it is done properly. I would think anyone with only a small knowledge of cars would be able to tell if a BMW or Benz had been swapped.

cheers

post-57474-0-85916800-1391712138_thumb.j

Edited by jay1980

All caused by people not noticing that the radiator has drained after being damaged by a stone according to a TV expert.

What happened to that thread ? did it go anywhere?coffee1.gif

Yeah, it definitely diverted from its original message....most probably due to lack of any new alternatives out there for fun cars.... When i read somewhere that the new Altis is 'fun and exciting' and supposingly goes as fast as a BMW 320D I really had to restrict myself not falling of my chair.

Yeah, it definitely diverted from its original message....most probably due to lack of any new alternatives out there for fun cars.... When i read somewhere that the new Altis is 'fun and exciting' and supposingly goes as fast as a BMW 320D I really had to restrict myself not falling of my chair.

Yep, Jimmy headlight's results showed the Corolla faster than the 320D. His 320D acceleration times were slow compared to other reports so he must have got a dud BM or is sandbagging. Still the Corolla is faster out of the showrooms.

^ that S5 is a beast.

Oh indeed! I own an S5 (Sportback) and it is so much fun to drive, where ever, when ever....

The car comes with a 3l V6 Kompressor with 330 HP and a 7 g DSG and adaptive (i.e. individually settable) suspension. I set it to short response throttle, direct steering, sport diff, but comfort damper and it drives like an angel with the devil under the nightie cheesy.gif

In addition it has 4 doors, a hatchback and a lot of space. The Missus and the kids love it.

My grin on the face is best when I accelerate up through the gears with the paddle shift without lifting the throttle...a big bang at every shift! Reminds me the Formula 1 in the 70ties with these 1.5 l turbos...licklips.gif

Hey, we should race! M3 vs S5. I have no idea about the S5, but the M3 is quick :)

• 2 weeks later...

So whats the update of this thread, did the OP go through with his CX5?

Myself purchased a 2nd hand C-Coupe 2013 with just a 1.6 engine in but as its a light car and a tuned engine already it does give me some fun.

However I am planning to tune it at EuroHaus in BKK, they offered me a package which will give me 50HP more. It wont void the dealer warranty they claim but how can I find if thats true or not.

Will give a random Benz dealer a call and ask them this but maybe someone else have some better options?

Myself purchased a 2nd hand C-Coupe 2013 with just a 1.6 engine in but as its a light car and a tuned engine already it does give me some fun.

However I am planning to tune it at EuroHaus in BKK, they offered me a package which will give me 50HP more. It wont void the dealer warranty they claim but how can I find if thats true or not.

Will give a random Benz dealer a call and ask them this but maybe someone else have some better options?

God luck with he purchase. Let us know how you progress.

If nothing else shows up i will go through and buy the CX5 as i have already order it. Its due for delivery in April/May. It is more my GF who wants us to have a car. Im enough with my 3 motorcycles and scooter..

Edited by TramsRepus

You shd ask Eurohaus to put down in black n white that chipping will not void your warranty. In my opinion, there are ways to cover up ECU flash but ultimately, every flash will leave a electronic footprint which can be detected. And please check with Eurohaus what RON is required after chip up.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

You shd ask Eurohaus to put down in black n white that chipping will not void your warranty. In my opinion, there are ways to cover up ECU flash but ultimately, every flash will leave a electronic footprint which can be detected. And please check with Eurohaus what RON is required after chip up.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion, its exactly what I did already :-) However they said, every time before a check up at the dealership need to drive back to EuroHaus to make everything normal again. Thats not worth it for me, just too much hassle. Its not a really quick car but doable and a fun ride for me, the sportmode is ok as well.

• 4 weeks later...

just for what it is worth...probably not much. tongue.png

Been to Paragon the other day and thought I say "Hello" to the DAD showroom girl....

Asked if they still have the Citroen DS3 with manual gear and turbo....Answer:"nope", only Auto and non-turbo.

Asked how Skoda is doing....they have the new Octavia Combi out with Diesel engine. 1.69 (I think it was) and she said very soon the new Superb is coming.

I asked about any news about a new YETI with Diesel and 4WD....she said possibly by end of the year...but not sure. if this would come in at around 1.6-1.8m I think would be nice.

I finished asking about the Fabia vRS....she said now only 4-5 left and priced at 1.39m with 5 years warranty and free service. Not too bad a deal. Pretty sure it is at least 1-2 year old stock though.....

wai2.gif