Serviced apartment, good wifi, spacious, Jomtien or non-central pattaya

Paulinho

Hi,

I live in bkk and want to find a monthly place (serviced appartment) in pattaya. I don't know the area that well having only been down once. Want somewhere to get away from bkk and have a couple of possible business things to look into.

Can anyone recommend a serviced apartment along the lines of http://www.diana-oasis.com ? It is *slightly* over budget but I like the look of it.

- modern but not high-rise development

- some character : not ultra modern but rennovated - like diana-oasis

- budget pref. around 12-20k : nearer 15 would be ideal

- I don't want to be right in the middle of things : read walking street etc... pattaya beachfront...

- Jomtien could also work : and I guess a bit cheaper

- need a balcony

- and a place to work during the day : desk / work area for laptop

- Good solid Wifi / Internet connection

- prefer lower or ground floor : some privacy. own entrance would be good

- some cooking facilities etc...

Cheers

Paulinho

Edited by Paulinho

I would get a condo in Jomtien. Lots to choose from and a million more coming soon.

The only thing that might not tick your boxes is the good solid wifi connection, but that applies anywhere.

If you are to be on a ground/low floor, does it really matter if it is a high-rise building?

I would get a condo in Jomtien. Lots to choose from and a million more coming soon.

The only thing that might not tick your boxes is the good solid wifi connection, but that applies anywhere.

If you are to be on a ground/low floor, does it really matter if it is a high-rise building?

True. Good point re. high-rise.

Any names of condos you'd say were worth looking at?

re. WiFi - wonder if True WiFi reaches out to Jomtien.

At your price point (10,000 - 20,000) you should be able to find something in all the View Talays (as a general rule, the higher the building number the higher the average price), and also Jomtien Complex and many other buildings near the sea without going off the bahtbus route. If you have your own transport then your choice will be much larger and prices will be lower, but you wont see so much of the sea.

True Wifi does extend to Jomtien though maybe not all areas.

You might like Pratumnak also though public transport can be a problem.

Edited by KittenKong

At your price point (10,000 - 20,000) you should be able to find something in all the View Talays (as a general rule, the higher the building number the higher the average price), and also Jomtien Complex and many other buildings near the sea without going off the bahtbus route. If you have your own transport then your choice will be much larger and prices will be lower, but you wont see so much of the sea.

True Wifi does extend to Jomtien though maybe not all areas.

You might like Pratumnak also though public transport can be a problem.

Thanks, KittieKong. Yes, I found about the VTs earlier. They look good. Thanks again for the info.

What/How is Pratunmnak - I presume an area?

P

Pratumnak is the hill between Pattaya and Jomtien.

Many condo buildings there and many Russians. Transport in and out can be tricky if you dont have your own vehicle, though some parts of Pratumnak are easy to reach on foot from the main Pattaya-Jomtien bahtbus route. Other parts are much more remote.

Pratumnak is the hill between Pattaya and Jomtien.

Many condo buildings there and many Russians. Transport in and out can be tricky if you dont have your own vehicle, though some parts of Pratumnak are easy to reach on foot from the main Pattaya-Jomtien bahtbus route. Other parts are much more remote.

Ok, thanks KK.