Anti-amnesty groups step up rallies in bid to topple PM Yingluck

webfact

lets hope this is start of getting rid of Taksin and his totally evil band at long last. Thailand will not move forward until he is at long last fully defeated. As far as his band of red shirt thugs are concerned anyone who believes they are nothing more than fascist bastards would be the sort of person who would have supported Hitlers brown shirts or his SS.

You joking right?

"anyone who believes they are nothing more than fascist bustards would be the sort of person who would have supported Hitler's brown shirts or his SS"

A statement that has absolutely no credibility at all... I wonder if a Jewish person would agree with you? or wait a black person? how about gypsies? or any of the others that were persecuted by Hitler and the brown shirts and the SS, or any of their decedents? well I'm neither Jewish nor black and not a gypsy,

• Like 1

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war..... anything to get rid of current Shindigs (Shinawatra Party)

Not for me..... for the future of my kids, in case they defy my wishes and settle in Thailand.

Incidentally, the Shakespeare quote comes from his play Julius Caesar, where another ambitious megalomaniac overreached his populist mandate, and the whole thing ended in tears. There are in fact many parallels between Julius Caesar and Thaksin.

Beware the Ides of March!!!!

Edited by eddie61

Thida assembles Red-shirts to protect the government

PNPOL561111001000201.jpg

BANGKOK, 11 November 2013 (NNT) - Speaking at the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) rally, core leader Thida Thavornseth accused the anti-amnesty bill protesters, led by the Democrat Party, of attempting to topple the Yingluck Shinawatra administration.

Although there have been some disagreements in the past, Ms. Thida affirmed her group’s loyalty to the Pheu Thai party - also stating that she supports Mr. Worachai Hema’s version of the proposed amnesty bill that would grant amnesty to those currently incarcerated on charges related to past political conflicts.

The reason for their gathering, she said, was to show support for the Yingluck government that had been rightfully and democratically elected by the people; and to show disagreement with the opposing protesters that wished to overthrow the government.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-11 footer_n.gif

The source said the red-shirt rally yesterday was a strategy of the party to show to its supporters it was not retreating and the show of force was also aimed at intimidating the military and independent organisations

So they gather a mob to intimidate protesters, and here I thought PTP was trying to achieve reconciliation. rolleyes.gif

"So they gather a mob to intimidate protesters,"

I wonder why so many here think that any time the red shirts gather or protest they are a "MOB", But when it's the yellow shirts they are just innocent protestors

You may disagree, but when a large group of people gather with the objective of intimidating others, I call that a mob.

"Anti-amnesty groups step up rallies in a bid to topple PM"

Can't legally and legitimately so we'll just have another coup, Don't care about the will of the majority of the people, we just want all the power and don't care how we take it, then cry that the other side are the evil ones and it's the red's, PTP, Thaksin, Yingluck, and Santa clause are to blame.

What a steaming pile of buffalo sh_t...hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Tell me what the will of the majority of the people is? I don't know.

But somehow I doubt that higher taxes (which is a logical result) to finance corruption is what they want.

You may recall a certain event on July 3rd 2011 when the people of Thailand delivered a landslide victory to Yingluck in the election. Before I'm reminded that PTP "only" got 48% of the vote it's worth mentioning that in modern democracies with a "first past the post" system any party would die for such a large percentage. In the UK the only, by definition, democratically elected government was Clem Atlees' immediate post war administration with 52% of the vote. No other party came close. Just pointing this out to the Tea Party deniers.

PNPOL561111001000201.jpg

BANGKOK, 11 November 2013 (NNT) - Speaking at the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) rally, core leader Thida Thavornseth accused the anti-amnesty bill protesters, led by the Democrat Party, of attempting to topple the Yingluck Shinawatra administration.

Although there have been some disagreements in the past, Ms. Thida affirmed her group’s loyalty to the Pheu Thai party - also stating that she supports Mr. Worachai Hema’s version of the proposed amnesty bill that would grant amnesty to those currently incarcerated on charges related to past political conflicts.

The reason for their gathering, she said, was to show support for the Yingluck government that had been rightfully and democratically elected by the people; and to show disagreement with the opposing protesters that wished to overthrow the government.

nntlogo.jpg

The photo could be an old one or fake.

Bangkok Post reported that about 4,000 people attended.

This photo look more like 40,000 people.

• Like 1

PNPOL561111001000201.jpg

nntlogo.jpg

Must go on some shouting at dinner between Thida and her husband, since Weng is anti amnesty bill .

Poor excuse to support Worachai's version, since that one was indefinitely taken off the table by the PM last Thursday.

The source of this story is the nation. I think that if the main goal of the protests today was to oust Yingluck from power then there would be road closures, shopping mall closures, school closures and so on. Stories with these headlines make me angry when they over embellish the truth and speculate. I work on a Thai Army base and there are no movement of forces of any kind. Please stop scaring the people with these headlines. Bangkok is business as usual today as far as I can see. Even Central World is open so what's this all about??? Toppling the current government????

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by smartconsulting

The source said the red-shirt rally yesterday was a strategy of the party to show to its supporters it was not retreating and the show of force was also aimed at intimidating the military and independent organisations

So they gather a mob to intimidate protesters, and here I thought PTP was trying to achieve reconciliation. rolleyes.gif

I wonder why so many here think that any time the red shirts gather or protest they are a "MOB", But when it's the yellow shirts they are just innocent protestors

just a bit of information for you boy....there are no yellow shirts there ok...you must be talking about b4...im sorry this is about now..just to bring you up to speed...wai2.gif

No Yellow Shirts involved???? Sondhi Limthongkul and Chamlong Srimuana are right in the middle of this, and they are 100% YELLOW SHIRTS!

Not supporting the Reds in any way,think Yingluck is a joke and Thaksin is a megalomaniac who could best serve Thailand by having a fatal heart attack, but I always wonder if the Yellow defenders watched the same Thai TV and read the same Thai papers I did that clearly reported street violence by the Yellows, often times against innocent citizens, reports of the explosives they had, shooting indiscriminately from the back of a truck, In the take over of Gvt house, the first thing they did was to barricade the entrances and arm themselves with whatever weapon they could, and in the airport takeover, how they charged the police to attack them, shooting up police vehicles. You call that "peaceful"????

I don't support either group, and feel the Reds totally "stepped over the line" 2 years ago in their demonstrations, but please don't give me that "peaceful Yellow Shirt" B.S.

• Like 2

So are you saying the two stories are bad reporting or you don't believe that Yingluck withdrew the amnesty bills?

No one seems to have answered you directly so I will :

Those who proposed the 6 bills which had not been presented to the house withdrew these 6 bills with great fanfare.

However these 6 bills had not been considered by the house and therefor were not what the protests are about

The bill which is before the senate was passed by the house and has not been withdrawn.

If the bill is rejected by the senate then the govt must wait 180 days before it can bring it up again for debate.

If after the bill is again voted on after 180 days it can be made into law without having to go to the senate again

Yingluck and others have said that the Govt will not follow up on this bill after 180 days IF it is rejected by the senate.

There was the option of withdrawing this bill from the senate before deliberation started and scrapping it as per the other 6, but the Govt did not do this.

This is seen by some as a sign of insincerity.

A very well informed explanation compared to the rest! Thank you!

Unfortunately a major point is wrong.

"There was the option of withdrawing this bill from the senate before deliberation started and scrapping it as per the other 6, but the Govt did not do this.

This is seen by some as a sign of insincerity."

Once a bill has been through a third reading in the lower house it cannot be recalled from the Senate. It is up to the Senate what happens to the bill at this stage.

Whether he passed incorrect information knowingly or not is another matter.

"Anti-amnesty groups step up rallies in a bid to topple PM"

Can't legally and legitimately so we'll just have another coup, Don't care about the will of the majority of the people, we just want all the power and don't care how we take it, then cry that the other side are the evil ones and it's the red's, PTP, Thaksin, Yingluck, and Santa clause are to blame.

What a steaming pile of buffalo sh_t...hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Mob rule trying to overthrow an elected government. Both sides are as bad as ech other.

Errm, wasn't that what the "anti-poll tax" mobs were doing in the UK a few years back????

PNPOL561111001000201.jpg

nntlogo.jpg

The photo could be an old one or fake.

Bangkok Post reported that about 4,000 people attended.

This photo look more like 40,000 people.

Now what possible reason could their be for either of the two newspapers to underestimate the UDD Rally numbers?

lets hope this is start of getting rid of Taksin and his totally evil band at long last. Thailand will not move forward until he is at long last fully defeated. As far as his band of red shirt thugs are concerned anyone who believes they are nothing more than fascist bastards would be the sort of person who would have supported Hitlers brown shirts or his SS.

You joking right?

"anyone who believes they are nothing more than fascist bustards would be the sort of person who would have supported Hitler's brown shirts or his SS"

A statement that has absolutely no credibility at all... I wonder if a Jewish person would agree with you? or wait a black person? how about gypsies? or any of the others that were persecuted by Hitler and the brown shirts and the SS, or any of their decedents? well I'm neither Jewish nor black and not a gypsy,

Do you recall when Thaksin forced some mountain tribes to do a genetic test? Who were not of Thai genetic got the citizenship revoked.

Was flipping through the news channels on the idiot box and, on one of shots showing anti-gvt protesters, there is some tall, 50-ish foreigner right up font of one group, throwing his right arm up into the air and cheering along with the rest.

Stupidity isn't restricted to Thai, by any means,

cheesy.gif

Edited by Just1Voice
  • Like 1

Was flipping through the news channels on the idiot box and, on one of shots showing anti-gvt protesters, there is some tall, 50-ish foreigner right up font of one group, throwing his right arm up into the air and cheering along with the rest.

cheesy.gif

why is the 50.ish foreigner stupid....do you know him ..course you dont..idiot box how apt....2 of you in the same room ..cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif keep on running.trolling..

cheesy.gif

why is the 50.ish foreigner stupid....do you know him ..course you dont..idiot box how apt....2 of you in the same room ..cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif keep on running.trolling..

No, I don't know him, and yes, he is stupid for getting involved in what is clearly a Thai issue. While I agree that the actions and results of these various protests can have an effect on us, foreigners who get involved are putting their a**es on the line. During previous protests, the authorities made it very clear than any foreigner who got involved, risked arrest and deportation.

And just FYI,today is the first time I've even turned on the t.v. in over 2 years.

As for you comment about my "troll" post, I doubt if you could find another member of TV that would support you comment of me EVER posting a "troll post". But, hey, opinions are like a _ _holes, and everyone has one.

The source of this story is the nation. I think that if the main goal of the protests today was to oust Yingluck from power then there would be road closures, shopping mall closures, school closures and so on. Stories with these headlines make me angry when they over embellish the truth and speculate. I work on a Thai Army base and there are no movement of forces of any kind. Please stop scaring the people with these headlines. Bangkok is business as usual today as far as I can see. Even Central World is open so what's this all about??? Toppling the current government???? Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Given that you’re new member and taking into account your profile name, one would suggest you’re perhaps a hired-gun, here to spin and distort the truth, since this is the second time you have made it known to us that you work on an army base. If not true, then we will be expecting to be the first to know when the tanks are about to roll, and not after, as part of your responsibility as a fellow member to keep other members well-informed of any changes …Good-on-ya comrade…’Welcome to the Thai Visa forum intelligence network’

Edited by MK1

just a bit of information for you boy....there are no yellow shirts there ok...you must be talking about b4...im sorry this is about now..just to bring you up to speed...wai2.gif

Just a bit of information for BOY... I didn't say there were any yellow shirts there,,, I simply asked a question, try reading my comment first before you wrongly try to pull me up... Just to bring YOU up to speed w00t.gif

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

Did he look like this guy ?

article-1284507-09E1B75F000005DC-818_468

cheesy.gif

No, I don't know him, and yes, he is stupid for getting involved in what is clearly a Thai issue. While I agree that the actions and results of these various protests can have an effect on us, foreigners who get involved are putting their a**es on the line. During previous protests, the authorities made it very clear than any foreigner who got involved, risked arrest and deportation.

And just FYI,today is the first time I've even turned on the t.v. in over 2 years.

As for you comment about my "troll" post, I doubt if you could find another member of TV that would support you comment of me EVER posting a "troll post". But, hey, opinions are like a _ _holes, and everyone has one.

how do you know he hasnt got a thai passport....c ya...all assumptions.....and no fact...thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

The source of this story is the nation. I think that if the main goal of the protests today was to oust Yingluck from power then there would be road closures, shopping mall closures, school closures and so on. Stories with these headlines make me angry when they over embellish the truth and speculate. I work on a Thai Army base and there are no movement of forces of any kind. Please stop scaring the people with these headlines. Bangkok is business as usual today as far as I can see. Even Central World is open so what's this all about??? Toppling the current government???? Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Given that you’re new member and taking into account your profile name, one would suggest you’re perhaps a hired-gun, here to spin and distort the truth, since this is the second time you have made it known to us that you work on an army base. If not true, then we will be expecting to be the first to know when the tanks are about to roll, and not after, as part of your responsibility as a fellow member to keep other members well-informed of any changes …Good-on-ya comrade…’Welcome to the Thai Visa forum intelligence network’

Conspiracy theories, cool! I always did love the X-Files. I wonder how many Thais know about that show?

• Like 2

spot on