Watch Battery Replacement

Neilly

Hi guys...I’ve got a couple of watches that need new batteries...the only thread I could find on this was a couple of years old and mentioned a guy in Nathon next to 7-11...anyone know if he’s still there, or have other suggestions?

Cheers

wai.gif

I can't help. But when you replace them, check yourself what they install.

I had to replace one at an expensive caliper and EVERYONE want to put in a battery "same same". But it was not the same, it was a cheap replacement with different specs.

I bought it at the Japanese supplier at 80 Baht.

The over inflated crazy Original Spare part price was 80 Baht for a 15.000 Baht equipment.

So the real market price of the right battery might be 40 Baht and they tried to use a cheapo replacement to save a few more Baht, just unbelievable.

So check what they put in, and in the worst case better buy it yourself at Ebay.

Whatever you do, do not take a decent watch into the guy at the front entrance of Big C.jerk.gif

I took my Omega in there and he fitted a new battery. It never worked again. facepalm.gif

The watch is now overseas being repaired. sad.png

The guy fitted the wrong battery. Forced/pressed the back onto the watch and broke something inside. $150 USD to repair it at a proper watch repairer. (In a country where $150 is the average monthly salary) crying.gif

Mickey Mouse watch battery replacement - he is probably OK. whistling.gif But I would not bet on it.

The guy in Tesco Lotus Chewang - in front of the poncy hairdresser - was OK on fixing my Swatch and replacing the battery. smile.png Same guy as in post 5 I think.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

Years ago I had to battery in my dive computer watch replaced. I had it done at the watch store on the inland side of the Chaweng beach road just past the entrance to Soi Green Mango. It wasn't cheap as they had the send it off to be pressure tested . It's hard to believe but it's still working with the same battery!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still there.

Finally made it over there...that has to one of the smallest 'shops' on the island...it's an ally with his bench at the front tongue.png Anyway, both watches fixed now thumbsup.gif

He gave me their phone numbers if anyone wants them...089 470 0263 and 087 975 5114

• Like 1