What Is It With Hardley Riders?

H1w4yR1da

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you are used to big inch hair dryers that last a few months. Whether two or four wheel rides there is a niche. Folk used to say my old Pontiac was all noise and no go. I said jump in. ............w00t.gif ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, There are those out there that can make anything quick if desired. smile.png I have seen ''Harleys'' drag raced thumbsup.gif , up to the user.

I don't know transam, looks like you hit it right on the iron head so to say. Up to user one in a million if all show and no go, but most seems be blissful with the image of I is a Hog and if yous don'ts believes it, comes go on a magic carpet ride with me.

Exceptions to every rule, except here it's mostly "watermelon, basketball, cadillac car, we's not as dumb as y'all things we is.

Nothing personal.Much enjoyed V8 transamsthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I think it was 1999, I was on a tour with V8 guys across the USA. Every evening there was a meet. I cannot remember the venue but I saw the most perfect thing I have ever seen. It was a stunning blond girl in a suede leather bikini trundling round a zillion V8 show cars, she was riding a Harley (Boss Hog) that had a V8 (5.7ltr) Chevy engine in it wub.png throbbing away between her legs, whistling.gif . What a bird eh. thumbsup.gif

A girl with a 5.7 ltr capacity between her legs wouldn't be much of interest to me. Just saying.

Does a 350 vibrate more if it's used in a Harley? Just wondering

Whats a Hardley ?

Hardley worth the money! Overpriced bike on underpriced roads.

Not for everybody, I bought mine for around 2700 Euro back in 1978, three years old, and today it is still in almost original shape, besides the fourth rebore out of possible nine, and worth more than 10K. I am not complaining. Have a look:

http://www.harleys.de/pics/Harley_in_Texas.jpg

• Like 2

Whats a Hardley ?

Not for everybody, I bought mine for around 2700 Euro back in 1978, three years old, and today it is still in almost original shape, besides the fourth rebore out of possible nine, and worth more than 10K. I am not complaining. Have a look:

That big chrome thing on the side, is that your letterbox ?

Harley_in_Texas.jpg

Some folks here go green with envy. Please more comments! I like them!

You can also drop off your comments directly into the letterbox. But she now is located in Santa Clara, CA. You will find her, if you are not completely deaf.

Haha dont worry I wont be looking !

Good thing with the letterbox is the postman on his bicycle can always keep up

They call H.D in america mobile homes

• Like 1

There's some fool that likes to blast up and down Santhitam Road here in Chiang Mai about three in the morning, rapping his loud pipes. Got to be a Harley, nothing else sounds like that. Must be heading home after the karaoke bar closes. Mugglehead.

I've got nothing against H-D machines or those who ride them. However, I saw an ad from a Harley dealership in the paper we can't refer to here, in which full size Harleys (as opposed to Sportsters or other smaller H-D models) were "on sale" for 2.4 million baht. Two-Point -Four! That's almost $75,000! These hogs sell for mid 20's in the US, and the papers are chock full of remorseful old guys trying to unload theirs.

Imagine the discomfort of waiting for a long light in Thailand city traffic, dressed in your officially sanctioned Harleywear, as the heat boils up from that big V twin. To each his own, mai phen rai, and keep the rubber side down.

Some folks here go green with envy. Please more comments! I like them!

You can also drop off your comments directly into the letterbox. But she now is located in Santa Clara, CA. You will find her, if you are not completely deaf.

Haha dont worry I wont be looking !

Good thing with the letterbox is the postman on his bicycle can always keep up

They call H.D in america mobile homes

That is absolutely true. It is a mobile home. The benzine for the coleman cooker comes from the tank, the reading light in the tent is being supplied by the huge battery, right behind the letterbox. Besides, when riding, the generator keeps the yoghurt and the beer cool inside that 12V Cooler, located in the left saddlebag. Believe me, a mobile home, either when crossing the U.S. or on the Northwestern Highway of Australia, is absolutely essential on those long trips. This mobile home will save your dough for gas, and you do not have to sleep in a stupid motel, instead you can enjoy spending your night in the woods, or on the Eighty Mile Beach, just South of Broome, if you like. Nevertheless, with that square type swinging arm, you still be able to bend your mobile home down to the foot pegs, 45 degrees is all you can do on either side (Do you do more?). So you are right, the Harley (I do not know about the new ones though) is the best mobile home you could buy. As you might imagine, I have no reservations against postmen. I will wait for them.

Edited by fxe1200

Whats a Hardley ?

That big chrome thing on the side, is that your letterbox ?

Harley_in_Texas.jpg

It's got a pedal! Just joshing, had a '75 xlch and a '49 knuclehead.

Been an avid Harley rider and owner for many years .. My last one being an Ultral Classic . The bikes are great they ride nice handle good and have enough speed to get you where you want to go . Well when I made the move here to Thailand I looked at the options of shipping my bike here . It was an easy desicion NO. The taxes and all the hassles was just not worth it ... Now I ride a Honda click ! Faster and cheeper and doesnt burn my legs up stopped at traffic lights or stuck in traffic ........

post-99323-0-12210700-1384212454_thumb.j

i guess it is all about the BlingBling.... I would assume that lots of Harley riders here in Thailand (especially the Thais) just use their bikes for show off...., not really putting lots of distance on them. If you go to the FB page of HD Bkk then you will see that they sell lots of 48, which is probably as 'show bike' as it gets straight out of the show room, in gold color.

hey, if that's what rocks their boat, fine.... The same way it does not make a whole lot of sense to drive a 20m Baht Lambo around Bangkok. But....good for them.

I do like the styling of some of the Harleys, as I do like the styling of Ducati and even KTM, not so hot for Japanese. But then again, each of us have different ideas of beautiful....(otherwise, all would be after my wife! hehe).

Certainly can't agree more with the performance to money factor of Japanese and their dealer networks here in Thailand. And for those who really put lots of km on their bikes here in Thailand, i guess going Japanese it probably a 'wise' choice.

Street manners have just gone down the drain...completely over the past few years (especially here in Phuket), so this rude behavior the OP states is not a direct Harley issue I would think.

Mmmm Harleys, great for going 100's of miles in straightish lines at US speed limits, not so good for going round bends on narrowish roads & if you are unfortunate enough to drop it unless you're he-man you have to wait until some friends come along to help you pick it up again, might as well have a car... well an open top one anyway, does pull the Girls for some reason though...