What Is It With Hardley Riders?

H1w4yR1da

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was about to go for a ride with a harley guy during last bike show as the guy blocked the entrance to teh bike parking area and only allowed harley group to pass and do not let others like they are the king.

Anyway, i got angry and ride my bike to his harley inched close and pushed him to get out of the way with some horn.

He moaned a bit but let me go after seeing my angry farang face.

was about to go for a ride with a harley guy during last bike show as the guy blocked the entrance to teh bike parking area and only allowed harley group to pass and do not let others like they are the king.

Anyway, i got angry and ride my bike to his harley inched close and pushed him to get out of the way with some horn.

Clicks are not allowed.........coffee1.gif ............laugh.png

I confess to having ridden a Hardley once. The owner was an acquaintance in a Ulysses motorbike club, a club for over 40's. Most of the club rode sportsbikes (and knew what the throttle was for). This guy insisted that his Sportster was as good as a any superbike on tight twisties and begged me to swap with him for a 10klm section of gorge riding to see what I thought.

He went through first and waited for me. I rode his Sportster at full revs all the way and used the gears as you would on a sportsbike (not easy on a Harley). According to others waiting with him, when he heard me ringing the neck of his bike he said (and the guy had a bad stutter), "J J J J Jeez, there's n n n n no f f f f f f f urkin need to ride it like that!.

Handed it over to him, footpegs on both sides were a little short, exhaust stunk like it had a dead fish strapped to it, and the engine had that "overheated" smell. Not quite cooked, but reasonably well done.

We swapped back to our own bikes and carried on. Three klm's later his bike died - seized. I felt slight remorse, but then I thought nuh, it's the designers fault, not mine. I found out later that the cheapskate was using 30 weight oil because the bike had a tendency to burn oil and he thought the heavier the oil the better. Numnuts!

That's the first and only time I've ridden one, and don't really feel the need to repeat it. It was a scary ride and everything about them is wrong - brakes (lack of), handling - absolutely none, acceleration - you nearly fall of backwards from lack of it, transmission - well, it has a transmission box but it's really just for show.

• Like 2

I used to be a HD rider but sold the bike when my son was born.

I always saluted other riders whatever brand they were riding, why not?

I did find some HD riders too focused on the brand: Harley, come on many nice bikes to be had and they don't necessary have to be a HD.

I don't think I will ever own a HD again, too much money for what you are getting and I like all brands of bikes.

I am very interested in the new Ducati 821.

• Like 1

yeah but a honda Click outperforms a Harley in realityclap2.gif

• Like 2

yeah but a honda Click outperforms a Harley in realityclap2.gif

laugh.png , through traffic yes, but..........................whistling.gif

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong with the V-Rod/Night-Rod/Whatever-Rod line-up- there's a decent engine in there and it can get out of its own way- 122hp (probably 100rwhp) and 86lb/ft- it's no lightweight, but it's not slow either.

Of course that engine is designed by Porsche.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with the V-Rod/Night-Rod/Whatever-Rod line-up- there's a decent engine in there and it can get out of its own way- 122hp (probably 100rwhp) and 86lb/ft- it's no lightweight, but it's not slow either.

Agreed, i've ridden a few HDs including a night rod, it's the only one I enjoyed riding, felt like I was steering a bus but still fun!

As it happens, you answered your own question with what was about your last sentence. "I think all three groups were Thai". That's how they ride Honda Waves or drive pick up trucks, nothing to do with Harleys

• Like 2

Rode to Bang Saen for lunch Sunday. On the way there on Sukhumvit Rd, I pulled up at some lights where 5 or 6 Hardleys were already waiting. All on ultra-noisy bikes and wearing Village People attire. Nodded hello to them (as I do to all big bike riders) and got totally blanked. Okay, whatever.

On the way back to Bangkok, on that road which connects the Bang Saen area to the no.7 Chonburi bypass, we come up on a dozen or so Hardleys riding slowly (about 70kph) covering ALL 3 lanes. No way to pass. I pull up behind one in the fast lane and give a little toot on the horn for him to move over. No acknowlegement. Wait for a gap, and fly pass. Okay, whatever.

Later on the BangNa-Trat, riding down the outside lane at a fair rate of knots, again come up on a bunch of Hardleys, this time all riding slowly in formation. Again, blocking the fast lane.

Overtake or rather undertake and give a few signals that they should move over to the slow lane and let other pass. I think all 3 groups were Thais.

To any Hardley riders out there in internet land, please stay in the goddamn slow lane where you belong and let people on proper bikes pass.

Wouldn't you be in crabby form if you had to ride a Harley any distance. Allegedly they usually have a truck following behind, stopping every few km's for the guy to get out an pick up the bits that rattle loose and fall on the highway.
  • Like 1