Xda Ii Extended Battery

skippybangkok

Hi,

Had and XDA II for 2 years... dusting it of and wanna give it a new lease on life ( used a small nokia for a while ).

Problem is the normal batter is dying, I have a "backpack" which has a spare battery (extended use ), but the back pack is humongous as it has CF card slot and connection for PPT presetnation.

Rumour has it that there is a smalled "large" battery which has about 2300 mAH. For all you XDA users, you know the normal bat wont last long of you call alot and use blue tooth, anda bit of GPRS at times. Changing batteries is not my forte......

any advice on larger battery ? ( but not the big Backpack ) . Where to buy in BKK? Fortune Tower does not have em.

Cheers

I have the XDA IIs (same as the II but has the sliding keyboard)

Mine runs normally 2 days on one charge, maybe an hour of talk time a day and 2 hours of gprs connection, and another 2 hours general pda use...

I did buy a second battery, but haven't used it yet since even on an exceptional day of very heavy use my battery didn't come under 40% capacity... (and I payed 3500 Baht for the extra battery, standard 1490 mAh :D )

One major thing helps me along a lot: If I use my pda as a modem for my laptop, I hook it up with a USB cable (was optional) instead of bluetooth. The PDA draws juice trough the USB cable, so instead of draining the battery during this gprs connection it actually charges a quite bit without the need of plugging in a seperate charger...

The only thing with eats the battery at an alarming rate is the built in wifi... This can actually drain the battery dead flat in 4 or 5 hours!

Where to buy the accesories in Bangkok I'm not sure of, but there is one shop in Panthip (right next to escalator, not sure which floor) which has a very big stock of PDA accesories. It's where I once found a spare stylus for an older PDA.

Anyway, thats the only accesory I buy regularly, since that is in may opinion the major design flaw in my O2, the stylus sits very loose, so on average I loose one a month (at 1000 Baht for a set of 3 :o )

Thanks..... I think 2300 does exist, and will try to hunt one down as Blue tooth and GPRS has a very draining effect.

Stylus, hear u, I had the same problem..... have found my fingers do an almost as good job, and have not a Rotering pen with a ink tip and PDA tip which does the job ( and i dont loose it ).

Thanks for your help