A new tourist visa triple or double entry

Hello,

I am currently using my last entry on my second triple entry tourist visa (ends 25dec). The first I obtained in the uk at the start of the year, it ran out in June where I returned to the uk for around 3 weeks to obtain another one, this is the one I am using now! I want to eIther fly back to the uk for a month (over Xmas) and then back to Thailand ( with a new triple entry) or go to Laos to get a double entry which I can extend to make it 6 months?

My main worry is that having these tourist visas nearly back to back is that they might question it?

Can you advise?

thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wouldn't sweat it. I have been on consecutive tourist visas now longer than you.

Your problem, if any occur, may be getting one double-entry after another from Vientiane. After a while, they sometimes say no. There are reports on here. But applying in the UK, I don't think you will have any problems.

You may also have some negative comments or questioning at the border but that purely depends on the official.

Don't worry too much.

Just to piggyback on this topic; A friend has a triple entry TV from the UK. Ideally he would like to stay in Thailand for 8 months.

He is married so am I right in thinking that he could go to the local immigration office and get an extra 30 days (on the strength of being married to a Thai) and then do a border run and get stamped in for a further 30 days?

Just to piggyback on this topic; A friend has a triple entry TV from the UK. Ideally he would like to stay in Thailand for 8 months.

He is married so am I right in thinking that he could go to the local immigration office and get an extra 30 days (on the strength of being married to a Thai) and then do a border run and get stamped in for a further 30 days?

I dont know iif its true as I have not tested it but my local immigration office said they would give me a 60 day extension if i could prove marriage to a thai.

• Like 1

He can get a 60 day extension to visit his wife at immigration.

By doing 30 day extensions at immigration of each 60 day entry and doing last entry just before the enter before date of visa it is possible to get almost 9 months out of a 3 entry visa.

• Like 1

He can get a 60 day extension to visit his wife at immigration.

By doing 30 day extensions at immigration of each 60 day entry and doing last entry just before the enter before date of visa it is possible to get almost 9 months out of a 3 entry visa.

Thank you.

Just out of interest could he then do a border run to add another 30 days ?