Where Can I Get Hold Of A 2cv?

jitagon

A push start would be the best solution.

Preferably near a cliff.

With an ocean below it ? :o

No. With you below it. :D

Awwwww and I thought you liked me too ...... :D

I liked you very much.

But then you made fun of the 2CV, France's national pride.

You hurt me. :D

Will I ever forgive you ? You'll have to make amends first.

My Dad had an ID19 ...that was pride :D

A push start would be the best solution.

Preferably near a cliff.

With an ocean below it ? :o

No. With you below it. :D

Awwwww and I thought you liked me too ...... :D

I liked you very much.

But then you made fun of the 2CV, France's national pride.

You hurt me. :D

Will I ever forgive you ? You'll have to make amends first.

My Dad had an ID19 ...that was pride :D

Your father had a Citroên ID ?

A man of taste.

• 2 weeks later...

Well. Once again have had to sift through pages of drivel ('who would want one', 'off the nearest cliff' 'good gust of wind to get it going' etc. Sidesplitting stuff) to get a mere two answers, albeit not particularly helpful, but thanks anyway, to get no answer to my question. Do any of you, particularly Dr P****, sorry Pat Pong (Pat Pong ... God), have anything else - anyone else, better to do in LOS than sit and make snide and boorish comments on 'ex-pat' boards?

Thanks everyone. But managed to secure one through a grown up in Bangkok.

Well. Once again have had to sift through pages of drivel ('who would want one', 'off the nearest cliff' 'good gust of wind to get it going' etc. Sidesplitting stuff) to get a mere two answers, albeit not particularly helpful, but thanks anyway, to get no answer to my question. Do any of you, particularly Dr P****, sorry Pat Pong (Pat Pong ... God), have anything else - anyone else, better to do in LOS than sit and make snide and boorish comments on 'ex-pat' boards?

Thanks everyone. But managed to secure one through a grown up in Bangkok.

I am delighted that you found a kind grown up to help you in your moment of need. It is a bugger being a child isn't it ? Particularly one that's prematurely bitter. Where were you the last 3 weeks....scouring the world for the 2CV chariot I suppose.

:o Would that be making a career out of creating holes for public relations to fall into?

Besides all that, I don't know anyone who would admit to knowing someone who owns a 2cv let alone thinking of obtaining one for themselves.

Did you know, the 2cv braking system was used on Rolls Royce cars for some years.

lest we forget that the Nobel Prize for automotive design in 1950 was won by two agriculturalist/mechanical engineers for true adherence to the purpose for 2CV design...to transport farmers to market with sheep and baskets of apples on country roads...the desire for 'modernization', large, fast moving throughfares and BMW ownership does nothing to diminish this achievement. 2CV body panels will be found as roofing materials and drive trains will be used as drives for agricultural pumping arrangements long after the last BMW bites the dust...

lest we forget that the Nobel Prize for automotive design in 1950 was won by two agriculturalist/mechanical engineers for true adherence to the purpose for 2CV design...to transport farmers to market with sheep and baskets of apples on country roads...the desire for 'modernization', large, fast moving throughfares and BMW ownership does nothing to diminish this achievement. 2CV body panels will be found as roofing materials and drive trains will be used as drives for agricultural pumping arrangements long after the last BMW bites the dust...

Wow....the 2 CV has really got to you Tutsi :o Go for one.

...... to the purpose for 2CV design...to transport farmers to market with sheep and baskets of apples on country roads...

I thought that was the Peugeot *05 Station Wagon.

In Libya you would see these grey ghosts appear out of the desert, run up onto the road, with a bedouin driver (white-bearded, about 75 yrs old) with his favourite grandson on his lap (no air-bags fitted, you see), son seated beside him, three wives on the back seat, four sheep, extra wife, two daughters in the baggage section.

Support for the wings of the car had rusted through, so the remainder flapped just like wings as he drove along.

At night they would not put lights on, because it might use up the battery.

Spare parts were virtuaally unobtainable, so when one went off the road (frequent happening) the wreck would be cannibalised within hours.

Worked there for ten years, lost about 20 friends and acquaintances (ex-pat) to road accidents in that time.

Some people make hole careers out of pubic relations!  :D

It'd somewhat beyond this guy. Could you trust a man whose ambition is to own one of those sardine tins. :o

Well, a 2CV is not exactly a p*ssy magnet! But the point of my post seems to have been missed entirely! :D

regarding the 2CV and prospects of getting laid there are enlightened enclaves within university communities in the UK where ownership thereof will guarantee a blowjob upon presentation of the real article...BMW is pase and non-pc and bimmer jockeys are schmucks anyway...

Dr PP...and you ask why all the fuss?

regarding the 2CV and prospects of getting laid there are enlightened enclaves within university communities in the UK where ownership thereof will guarantee a blowjob upon presentation of the real article...BMW is pase and non-pc and bimmer jockeys are schmucks anyway...

Dr PP...and you ask why all the fuss?

OK Tutsi...I'll find one as well and we'll trawl the campuses :o