Redshirts to stage mass rallies this week

webfact

Red only got 4,000 supporters left last week.

Suthep / Yellow got 50,000 now.

i would say normal people.. not just yellow. Normal people who are getting sick of the mess that this government are making. And with the Amnesty they would have walked away no questions asked.

• Like 2

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOKSIDAM

Well how would you react if your country's elite decided to revoke your right to vote? If they decided that you were simply too stupid to have an opinion? Killed your friends and family members in all impunity? If every government you voted for was pushed out manu military? I guess it would upset you. I am not advocated violence though. I think it is very misguided but I get why they're angry.

Ok. when did the elite revoke the right to vote? Who are the elite? how many governments of the people have been pushed out by the Military?

and to end IF that's what the RED shirts were actually demonstrating about . Good for them.. But they are not they are demonstrating for Thaksin and his government. The very same person that caused the situation in 2010 that led to 91 deaths. Thaksin started it by bankrolling the REDS and the REDS come out when needed to earn their money.

ps in reference to the dictatorship comment. The PTP government were almost there but luckily the people stopped that (that's other people not just RED people, though many were not happy. but for the wrong reasons)

He keeps talking about the Elite etc, but what is Thaksin and his lot exactly? I wouldn't call them the "average Somchai in the Soi".

I've also not seen posts here advocating appointed governments etc, and taking the right to vote away, but maybe I'm misguided.

NOKSIDAM

Well how would you react if your country's elite decided to revoke your right to vote? If they decided that you were simply too stupid to have an opinion? Killed your friends and family members in all impunity? If every government you voted for was pushed out manu military? I guess it would upset you. I am not advocated violence though. I think it is very misguided but I get why they're angry.

Ok. when did the elite revoke the right to vote? Who are the elite? how many governments of the people have been pushed out by the Military?

and to end IF that's what the RED shirts were actually demonstrating about . Good for them.. But they are not they are demonstrating for Thaksin and his government. The very same person that caused the situation in 2010 that led to 91 deaths. Thaksin started it by bankrolling the REDS and the REDS come out when needed to earn their money.

ps in reference to the dictatorship comment. The PTP government were almost there but luckily the people stopped that (that's other people not just RED people, though many were not happy. but for the wrong reasons)

He keeps talking about the Elite etc, but what is Thaksin and his lot exactly? I wouldn't call them the "average Somchai in the Soi".

I've also not seen posts here advocating appointed governments etc, and taking the right to vote away, but maybe I'm misguided.

Actually i think an appointed government say a 1 year term might be JUST what Thailand needs to stand above all the bullshit. The one reason why it probably would not work is simply that the King is not healthy enough.

But my vote for PM would be ......... Chuwit and his dog could be finance minister (it is a dogs dinner after all)

post-62652-0-24662700-1384333610_thumb.j

Was in BKK yesterday (not by choice) and went from MoChit to Chit Lom on the BTS then back on the bus.

Only sign of any rallies of any sort I saw was one red flag tied to a pole outside Jatajak market.

But that may have been the PT candidate for the next election.

C'mon guys.

You have been supporting the Dems in being against sitting at the reconciliation table, against all government projects, against an amnesty, against Yingluck and whoever is around her, against forgiving, ... and fully approved the Dems' destructive rally that now wants to topple the elected government, as well as blindly supporting Suthep, who seems to turn insane and who, by the way, once said that he does not respect Farangs.

All this in the name of "expressing a different opinion", "freedom of speech", and democratic principles...

So, now you should be very happy that the reds come out to express their opinion in the same way that you approved for the opposite camp.

biggrin.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The reds are welcome to protest (some have been for awhile now --- but they were protesting against the government and the proposed amnesty)---- All I ask is that they leave the grenade launchers, machine guns, sniper rifles, grenades, pistols, slingshots and proven willingness to resort to violence at home!

BTW .. the Dems aren't against everything you claim. Suthep is nobody's favorite guy, and the current government is the least capable in years.

Agreed, the "reds" should be encouraged to protest their problems, not the problems of a fugitive criminal hell-bent on returning to Thailand with his criminal record wiped clean and those demands of this brown-nosing lackeys endeavouring to cause violence and mayhem - all at the beck and call of he who sees himself as a deposed emperor.

You are so kind to say that the reds should be encouraged to "protest their problems"...

Actually they have a tendency to protest against the ones who always want to topple their elected government. Seems a reasonable reason to me :)

It's considered as a major problem by quite a lot of people. Especially the reds, who each time must reelect the same government.

I also very much think that they should be encouraged, since the other side seems totally against the idea of discontinuing this never ending circle of irrational protests.

So, let's go for another round :)

After all the reds are the biggest group in this country. Nowadays they do not really enjoy anymore to be dictated what to do by a small group of condescendent people.

The yellows, the Dems, the white masks, the multi colors, ... never seem to be ok with the elected government. So, if there is no end in sight... Let's protest.

You are absolutely right. They should be encouraged to protest against the ones who create so much problems.

Yeah :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

NOKSIDAM

Somchai is ex-PM and Thaksin brother-in-law.

Not so average.

Elite? Maybe.

• Like 1

After all the reds are the biggest group in this country. Nowadays they do not really enjoy anymore to be dictated what to do by a small group of condescendent people.

And yet their own MP's did not vote down the Amnesty bill that the rank and file did not agree with, Why because they were following orders. Because abstaining is NOT the same as voting against. In fact one of the RED Mp's actually voted FOR it. So i am guessing you actually mean the RED Mp's in the PTP government..NO!

NOKSIDAM

He fails to realize that the Shinawats and the Poo Yais, middlemen, mill owners etc of Isaan are THE new elite, except they are opposed by many of the "traditional elite" (such a silly word really) and the average Benz driving Puea Thai boss has as much contempt for Somchai the rice farmer as the others.

The red sheep I feel sympathy for, but this government uses them as "cannon fodder" and seat warmers at their rallies. Shame really.

C'mon guys.

You have been supporting the Dems in being against sitting at the reconciliation table, against all government projects, against an amnesty, against Yingluck and whoever is around her, against forgiving, ... and fully approved the Dems' destructive rally that now wants to topple the elected government, as well as blindly supporting Suthep, who seems to turn insane and who, by the way, once said that he does not respect Farangs.

All this in the name of "expressing a different opinion", "freedom of speech", and democratic principles...

So, now you should be very happy that the reds come out to express their opinion in the same way that you approved for the opposite camp.

biggrin.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The reds are welcome to protest (some have been for awhile now --- but they were protesting against the government and the proposed amnesty)---- All I ask is that they leave the grenade launchers, machine guns, sniper rifles, grenades, pistols, slingshots and proven willingness to resort to violence at home!

BTW .. the Dems aren't against everything you claim. Suthep is nobody's favorite guy, and the current government is the least capable in years.

Agreed, the "reds" should be encouraged to protest their problems, not the problems of a fugitive criminal hell-bent on returning to Thailand with his criminal record wiped clean and those demands of this brown-nosing lackeys endeavouring to cause violence and mayhem - all at the beck and call of he who sees himself as a deposed emperor.

You are so kind to say that the reds should be encouraged to "protest their problems"...

Actually they have a tendency to protest against the ones who always want to topple their elected government. Seems a reasonable reason to me smile.png

It's considered as a major problem by quite a lot of people. Especially the reds, who each time must reelect the same government.

I also very much think that they should be encouraged, since the other side seems totally against the idea of discontinuing this never ending circle of irrational protests.

So, let's go for another round smile.png

The yellows, the Dems, the white masks, the multi colors, ... never seem to be ok with the elected government. So, if there is no end in sight... Let's protest.

Yeah smile.png

So you are absolutely right. They should be encouraged to protest against the one who create so much problems.

So you are absolutely right. They should be encouraged to protest against the one who create so much problems.

I'm glad you finally agree that the reds should stand up against Thaksin, since that is the one creating problems in this country by buying his way buy handing money to the poor and uneducated in this country, which unfortunately are indeed the biggest group represented in Thailand.

I am sooooooo sorry to have given you false hopes.

Really :)

You have been too fast in rejoycing :)

I corrected my reply and added a "s".

Sorry :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

So, the Democrats should just be quiet as befits an opposition party ? Protesters against the 'blanket amnesty' bill should have listened to MP Yingluck's 'just wait a moment, still a procedure to follow, senate to vote', they should not have let their voice be heard and let the Senate just vote "OK" because no-one opposed?

Any other good advise, my dear gerry?

Actually they have a tendency to protest against the ones who always want to topple their elected government. Seems a reasonable reason to me smile.png
So, let's go for another round smile.png

You are absolutely right. They should be encouraged to protest against the ones who create so much problems.
Yeah smile.png
Edited by rubl

The problem is that the Red Shirts like Thaksin their sponsor and also the supporters of the Red Shirt movement have embraced and are blindly following the concept of ''corriger la fortune.''

A French expression which translates as '' To correct ones fortune through denial of the past.

The Red Shirt leadership, Thaksin included along with their vocal and literary supporters cannot nor will they ever admit to the truth with regards their violent actions In the past and their political aims.

Edited by siampolee

The majority of the people can be stupid and easily influenced. People voted in the Nazis didn't they?

If they want to protest let them. One side supports a megalomaniac and think corruption is okay and that the elite can avoid tax and one side says this is enough, we don't want this.

I'm no fan of the dems but they are sure by far the lesser of two evils.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

I find it interesting to observe that the anti-amnesty / anti-government protesters are either dressed in black & white or have whatever other colour of garb. The red-shirts are, well, just red-shirts. unsure.png

Why don't you come out and say it. What you're implying is that the folk who are trying to get rid off the government by means other than through an election are respectful of the 30 day mourning of the Grand Patriarch and the UDD isn't.

Well I got news for you, rubl, outside of that bubble you live in called Bangkok there is the rest of Thailand and they are wearing all kinds of different colour clothing, there are many who support the UDD that don't wear red, and both groups are probably mourning the Grand Patriarch in their own way.

Incidentally wearing black clothes as a sign of respect is diminished somewhat by jumping up and down on stage blowing whistles and wishing all kinds of unpleasant things on your "opponents" aka the elected government of Thailand.

I look forward to your "I didn't mean that" post - No, I didn't mean that, I don't look forward to your "alternative" version or outright denial and will treat it with all the respect it deserves.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 2

Get it through your thick red skulls. Treason is betraying one's country. Being against a useless and corrupt government isn't treason. If anything, it's being patriotic.

Red or yellow unless they learn to accept the fundamentals of democracy then anarchy will result.

The concept of dictatorial governance certainly seems to appeal to the yellows as the vast wealth of the country is theirs, on the other hand the reds aspirations of a welfare state for the masses and a living wage seem way out of reach and certain to bring the other faction onto the streets.

• Like 2

gerry1011 seems to suffer the same "mental block" as some of the other desperate, straw clutching PTP supporters, he is convinced anyone who is anti-PTP is a rabid Yellow shirt groupie.

How many times do you have to be told, WE-ARE-NOT-ALL-YELLOW-SHIRT-SUPPORTERS !

Getting tired of that broken record. Seems like every time you want to defend Thaksin you trot out this lame speel about the Democrats.

You are arguing with yourself ! May the best man win ..............................clap2.gif

mikemac seems to suffer the same "mental block" as some of the other desperate, straw clutching Democrat supporters, he is convinced anyone who is anti-Democrat is a rabid Red shirt groupie.

How many times do you have to be told, WE-ARE-NOT-ALL-RED-SHIRT-SUPPORTERS !

Getting tired of that broken record. Seems like every time you want to defend Democrats you trot out this lame speel about the Thaksin.

You are arguing with yourself ! May the best man win ..............................clap2.gif

• Like 1

I'm not supporting the Shinawatras but as long as you guys and the Upper-Middle class continue to to show that level of contempt against the vast majority of Thailand's population we're all going to be in trouble. How do you know the reds are thick skulls thugs? Did you speak with some of them? Have you tried to understand their motivations? Do you have the slightest idea of the lives they live? They're just "lao", uneducated, greedy, they smell of naampla, they are so black 555! A class war is going on to bring some level of social justice in this country between the rich and the poor and you side with the oppressor. I hope Thaksin gets replaced by someone who will really defend these people interests. But it's not going to be the Dem's that's for dam_n sure.

You are so full of contempt! Thick skulled? Thugs? Yeah you guys are so smart and educated, right? You have it all figured out. You want to be associated with the well-off Bangkokian society so bad. Be quality expats not like these losers in the provinces with their red shirt bar-girl girlfriends! Our girlfriends are half-Chinese! So you're on strike? Gonna go to the people-court?

Take a 'chill pill' !

That the red shirts are "thick-skulled thugs" is not in doubt. Remember, there are few families more well-off than the Shinawatras so your crusade against Hi-so's is futile and inappropriate.

How can someone have it so backwords? The shins are the Chinese elite. I don't think anyone here has contempt for the uneducated, black, nampla, smelling,Thais. In fact most of us are married to one. The upper middle class are the ones paying the taxes and running businesses. Why are they your enemy?? I would think the corrupt rice scamming middle men land owners are the enemies of the poor.

The biggest enemy of the poor is corruption by whoever. The effects of corruption filter through society and the poorest end up with the bill. They cannot pass it on to anyone.

• Like 1

Incidentally wearing black clothes as a sign of respect is diminished somewhat by jumping up and down on stage blowing whistles and wishing all kinds of unpleasant things on your "opponents" aka the elected government of Thailand

I would have thought definitely diminished by said elected government that asks protesters to refrain from protesting due to the mourning period BUT then bashs through contentious parliamentary bills. I see where your coming from.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

• Like 1

Get it through your thick red skulls. Treason is betraying one's country. Being against a useless and corrupt government isn't treason. If anything, it's being patriotic.

Also, attempting to bring about an amnesty of 25,000+ cases of corruption and political criminals who have harmed the nation is treason.

Treason doth never prosper. What's the reason?
For if it prosper, none dare call it "treason."
In other words, the victors write history, and the losers -- especially in Thailand -- get hung out to dry.
I believe we are fast approaching one of those moments in modern Thai history where backing down has ceased to be an option for either side, and the inevitable result will be more corpses in the street.

The extreme consequence of a save-face culture, I say.

Looks like the rent-a-crowd redshirts mobsters have been given a pay cut, judging by their poor showing, or are they to be paid according to how much damage and mayhem they create ? whistling.gif

And I see Calgarry is on song today ! clap2.gif

• Like 1

Knee-jerk reaction again, almost a case of black & white vision I think. Do you ever really read and try to understand what you read?

Let's say this again: "the anti-government protesters are in black/white or any other colour of garb, red-shirts wear red-shirts, only red-shirts".

Any video footage of red-shirt gatherings, rallies and commemorations shows that. It's almost as if a red-shirt is only a red-shirt when he wears a red-shirt.

PS excuses for late reply, I was busy with other things, like earning a living and so.

I find it interesting to observe that the anti-amnesty / anti-government protesters are either dressed in black & white or have whatever other colour of garb. The red-shirts are, well, just red-shirts. unsure.png

Why don't you come out and say it. What you're implying is that the folk who are trying to get rid off the government by means other than through an election are respectful of the 30 day mourning of the Grand Patriarch and the UDD isn't.

Well I got news for you, rubl, outside of that bubble you live in called Bangkok there is the rest of Thailand and they are wearing all kinds of different colour clothing, there are many who support the UDD that don't wear red, and both groups are probably mourning the Grand Patriarch in their own way.

Incidentally wearing black clothes as a sign of respect is diminished somewhat by jumping up and down on stage blowing whistles and wishing all kinds of unpleasant things on your "opponents" aka the elected government of Thailand.

I look forward to your "I didn't mean that" post - No, I didn't mean that, I don't look forward to your "alternative" version or outright denial and will treat it with all the respect it deserves.

• Like 1