Redshirts to stage mass rallies this week

webfact

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this government was democratically elected - period

Thailand shows itself to be immature again with people wishing to overthrow them by force. If the people (which i doubt) wish this government gone they should do so through the ballot box

The previous government was democratically elected too. It's just that some people didn't like the idea of MPs changing sides and electing a different PM. A group came out and tried to overthrow them by force.

It's a bit like the 2007 election where some MPs campaigned that they wouldn't support the PPP, and then changed their minds allowing PPP to get into power with a coalition government.

• Like 1

The reds are there to threat and intimidate

They haven't got the organisational skills to create their own party

They hung their shirts on the PTP clan

Some of them now realise their mistake

If nothing changes then this is pretty much the Marcos repeat

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Thailand shows itself to be immature again with people wishing to overthrow them by force. If the people (which i doubt) wish this government gone they should do so through the ballot box

The previous government was democratically elected too. It's just that some people didn't like the idea of MPs changing sides and electing a different PM. A group came out and tried to overthrow them by force.

It's a bit like the 2007 election where some MPs campaigned that they wouldn't support the PPP, and then changed their minds allowing PPP to get into power with a coalition government.

maybe but the red shirts did not overthrow that government - they won through the ballot box or is this the way it's gonna be? overthrowing any elected government a few people don't like? as for Suthep... anyway I am against overthrowing democratically elected governments wherever and whatever colour they are. It's a disgrace.

• Like 1

maybe but the red shirts did not overthrow that government - they won through the ballot box or is this the way it's gonna be? overthrowing any elected government a few people don't like? as for Suthep... anyway I am against overthrowing democratically elected governments wherever and whatever colour they are. It's a disgrace.

The red shirts attempt to overthrow that government failed, in case you forgot that.

If they had decided to accept the offer of elections it would have saved a lot of lives.

The Mr's is just having a good laugh.

It seems someone has made a mistake and sent a mail on facebook to the wrong person who has put the message on the open forum.

The gist of the message, which is obviously in Thai, is that they are canvassing for people to go to the red shirt demo on the 17th the reward for attendance will be 500B cash.

There are contact details with the message along with a please don't put it on the open forum.

To late.

I attach a copy for non believers.

Hope, mods, that it isn't against the rules about posting in Thai.

post-12069-0-07814800-1384578973_thumb.j

• Like 2

Does not surprise me at all Robby.

My wife's family live in Surin province, long time rice farmers. Every time there is an election on they get paid to vote for the Shin Party. They say it is the only reason they vote for them.

So much for Issan rice farmers being in love with Thaksin. They are bought and paid for.

The red shirts attempt to overthrow that government failed, in case you forgot that.

If they had decided to accept the offer of elections it would have saved a lot of lives.

ergo two wrongs = a right? don't think so but many TVF posters love it when the rich bangkok armart demonstrate but hate it when the poor farmers do

• Like 1

The PTP government were democratically elected ( presuming paid votes is Democratic) BUT is it a Democratic government?

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

The Red shirt rally is being held at Rajamangala international stadium this is owned by the Sports Authority of Thailand. Who is paying the rental fee? And do they have receipts to prove payment.

Just wondering as PTP complain that the BMA are helping Suthep.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

Was wondering bimjalin where you see FORCE being used in this instance.

I saw plenty of force, as in grenades etc in 2010 but have not seen any so far from any of the anti-govt protesters this time round.

• Like 1

Knee-jerk reaction again, almost a case of black & white vision I think. Do you ever really read and try to understand what you read?

Let's say this again: "the anti-government protesters are in black/white or any other colour of garb, red-shirts wear red-shirts, only red-shirts".

Any video footage of red-shirt gatherings, rallies and commemorations shows that. It's almost as if a red-shirt is only a red-shirt when he wears a red-shirt.

PS excuses for late reply, I was busy with other things, like earning a living and so.

I find it interesting to observe that the anti-amnesty / anti-government protesters are either dressed in black & white or have whatever other colour of garb. The red-shirts are, well, just red-shirts. unsure.png

Why don't you come out and say it. What you're implying is that the folk who are trying to get rid off the government by means other than through an election are respectful of the 30 day mourning of the Grand Patriarch and the UDD isn't.

Well I got news for you, rubl, outside of that bubble you live in called Bangkok there is the rest of Thailand and they are wearing all kinds of different colour clothing, there are many who support the UDD that don't wear red, and both groups are probably mourning the Grand Patriarch in their own way.

Incidentally wearing black clothes as a sign of respect is diminished somewhat by jumping up and down on stage blowing whistles and wishing all kinds of unpleasant things on your "opponents" aka the elected government of Thailand.

I look forward to your "I didn't mean that" post - No, I didn't mean that, I don't look forward to your "alternative" version or outright denial and will treat it with all the respect it deserves.

This is what you said

"I find it interesting to observe that the anti-amnesty / anti-government protesters are either dressed in black & white or have whatever other colour of garb. The red-shirts are, well, just red-shirts" with the po faced smiley at the end to pass on your tone.

In other words there's something you find kind of distasteful about it. Otherwise you would have used a smiling happy one - thats what emoticons are for aren't they?

Why else would you put such a boring uneventful post up otherwise? The rest of your "explanation" is just drivel -

"It's almost as if a red-shirt is only a red-shirt when he wears a red-shirt." tuzki-bunny-emoticon-031.gif

Edited by fab4

Knee-jerk reaction again, almost a case of black & white vision I think. Do you ever really read and try to understand what you read?

Let's say this again: "the anti-government protesters are in black/white or any other colour of garb, red-shirts wear red-shirts, only red-shirts".

Any video footage of red-shirt gatherings, rallies and commemorations shows that. It's almost as if a red-shirt is only a red-shirt when he wears a red-shirt.

PS excuses for late reply, I was busy with other things, like earning a living and so.

I find it interesting to observe that the anti-amnesty / anti-government protesters are either dressed in black & white or have whatever other colour of garb. The red-shirts are, well, just red-shirts. unsure.png

Why don't you come out and say it. What you're implying is that the folk who are trying to get rid off the government by means other than through an election are respectful of the 30 day mourning of the Grand Patriarch and the UDD isn't.

Well I got news for you, rubl, outside of that bubble you live in called Bangkok there is the rest of Thailand and they are wearing all kinds of different colour clothing, there are many who support the UDD that don't wear red, and both groups are probably mourning the Grand Patriarch in their own way.

Incidentally wearing black clothes as a sign of respect is diminished somewhat by jumping up and down on stage blowing whistles and wishing all kinds of unpleasant things on your "opponents" aka the elected government of Thailand.

I look forward to your "I didn't mean that" post - No, I didn't mean that, I don't look forward to your "alternative" version or outright denial and will treat it with all the respect it deserves.

This is what you said

"I find it interesting to observe that the anti-amnesty / anti-government protesters are either dressed in black & white or have whatever other colour of garb. The red-shirts are, well, just red-shirts" with the po faced smiley at the end to pass on your tone.

In other words there's something you find kind of distasteful about it. Otherwise you would have used a smiling happy one - thats what emoticons are for aren't they?

Why else would you put such a boring uneventful post up otherwise? The rest of your "explanation" is just drivel -

"It's almost as if a red-shirt is only a red-shirt when he wears a red-shirt." tuzki-bunny-emoticon-031.gif

I thought a red shirt is always a red shirt..... unless he wears a black shirt.

So no democracy but a dictatorship.

Well how would you react if your country's elite decided to revoke your right to vote? If they decided that you were simply too stupid to have an opinion? Killed your friends and family members in all impunity? If every government you voted for was pushed out manu military? I guess it would upset you. I am not advocated violence though. I think it is very misguided but I get why they're angry.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/PMS-DECLARATIONDemocracy-is-not-my-goal-90316.html Read what Thaksin says about democracy!!!

This is what you said

Your interpretation is faulty as I said.

Mind you, anti-goverment protesters seem joined on a concept, a feeling about democracy, with lots of red-shirts it seems to go red-shirt deep only.

Edited by rubl

Was wondering bimjalin where you see FORCE being used in this instance.

I saw plenty of force, as in grenades etc in 2010 but have not seen any so far from any of the anti-govt protesters this time round.

read Suthep's rants? yes plenty of force in 2010 like soldiers shooting innocent people sheltering in a temple etc. ALL violence should be abhorred - after all this is a Buddhist country right?

• Like 2

Your interpretation is faulty as I said.

Mind you, anti-goverment protesters seem joined on a concept, a feeling about democracy, with lots of red-shirts it seems to go red-shirt deep only.

Yes, you're right. Many of the anti-govt crowd do seem joined on a feeling about democracy - they don't like it very much. lol. But seriously, I think they are definitely joined by a feeling, and that's hatred for Thaksin. As we've seen from interviews, feelings about democracy seem decidedly mixed.

• Like 2

This is going to be huge. Far bigger than the Dems show. Already on Sunday and Tuesday to Thursday the reds have been holding larger rallies than Suthep and in provincial areas. I think a lot on TV fail to realise quite how well supported and determined the red shirts are.

• Like 1

This is going to be huge. Far bigger than the Dems show. Already on Sunday and Tuesday to Thursday the reds have been holding larger rallies than Suthep and in provincial areas. I think a lot on TV fail to realise quite how well supported and determined the red shirts are.

Just to clarify, are these reds rallying to get the amnesty bill re-enacted? They are giving their valuable time to sit around in the hot sun to get the 2 people they think are responsible for murdering almost 100 of their mob pardoned? Really?

It's not easy for the red shirts now.

1. They have to bus in and provide daily expenses for their supporters who will only stay a day or two.Unlike the anti government supporters who work near their protest sites.

2. What are they protesting about? If they say they are defending democracy, ie the right to run the country due to winning the election- well they've just had a quick lesson in how democracy is not only about only winning elections but also behaving ethically whilst in power.

If they say they are 'interested' in the Constitution Court's verdict they had better be very careful they are not accused of intimidation- very anti democratic behaviour.

The anti government supporters are talking about reform of Thai politics- backing them are academics, universities, segments of industry, students, doctors and civil servants.

What ideas do the red shirts have for the future of Thai society apart from pardoning criminals?

Just to clarify, are these reds rallying to get the amnesty bill re-enacted? They are giving their valuable time to sit around in the hot sun to get the 2 people they think are responsible for murdering almost 100 of their mob pardoned? Really?

No they are not for that. They are basically rallies to say we want to elect overall legislatures in and out and not have entire legislatures turfed out by armies, courts or non-electoral means. The majority of the reds do not want an amnesty except for the lower down yellow and reds, ie excluding leaders and state officials. They want Abhisit and Suthep tried in a fair court along with their own leaders.

• Like 1

No they are not for that. They are basically rallies to say we want to elect overall legislatures in and out and not have entire legislatures turfed out by armies, courts or non-electoral means. The majority of the reds do not want an amnesty except for the lower down yellow and reds, ie excluding leaders and state officials. They want Abhisit and Suthep tried in a fair court along with their own leaders.

Nobody expects a coup now.

As for turfing out the entire legislature- they can form a new party and continue in power as before if banned, it's only the executives who are banned for 5 years.

And it will only serve them right if they do get banned- trying to pass an amnesty law to pardon all corruption cases as well as violent actions. Whatever next!

Nobody expects a coup now.

As for turfing out the entire legislature- they can form a new party and continue in power as before if banned, it's only the executives who are banned for 5 years.

And it will only serve them right if they do get banned- trying to pass an amnesty law to pardon all corruption cases as well as violent actions. Whatever next!

The Dems in the extreme case have asked for the banning of all the MPs for breach of constitution in trying to overthrow the constitutional democracy of Thailand by trying to change the constitution so that the upper house will be totally elected rather than half appointed. There is also a lesser case involving some MPs using others cards to vote, which will likely be upheld but is unlikely to result in any dissolution, but may result in one of the reading having to be voted on again. The again if and can mean or, anything could happen. This case is not about the amnesty. It would depend what you mean by coup. Only today one of the English language papers was pontificating on the effect a "third judicial coup" would have (their words not mine)

• Like 2

1. They have to bus in and provide daily expenses for their supporters who will only stay a day or two.Unlike the anti government supporters who work near their protest sites.

2. What are they protesting about? If they say they are defending democracy, ie the right to run the country due to winning the election- well they've just had a quick lesson in how democracy is not only about only winning elections but also behaving ethically whilst in power.

If they say they are 'interested' in the Constitution Court's verdict they had better be very careful they are not accused of intimidation- very anti democratic behaviour.

The anti government supporters are talking about reform of Thai politics- backing them are academics, universities, segments of industry, students, doctors and civil servants.

What ideas do the red shirts have for the future of Thai society apart from pardoning criminals?

You forget that 40% of BKK votes PTP and that BKK is filled with non-resident workers from the North and North East. Then there are the industrial provinces around BKK that return PTP MPs regularly.

The Dems are placing as much pressure on the court as the reds, probably more in fact as they have been out longer.

The anti-government supporters can be backed by who they like but they need to win an election unless they are going to abolish democracy.

If you want to know the red shirts ideas, why not go along and listen or talk to them? They seem friendly enough and willing to discuss politics.

Hammered, I listen at times to Nattawut and Jatuporn- I never hear them say anything about corruption or decentralisation or reforming education- all key issues.

Issan and northern workers in Bangkok can't assemble downtown at lunchtime, their factories are too far away.

You forget that 40% of BKK votes PTP and that BKK is filled with non-resident workers from the North and North East. Then there are the industrial provinces around BKK that return PTP MPs regularly.

The Dems are placing as much pressure on the court as the reds, probably more in fact as they have been out longer.

The anti-government supporters can be backed by who they like but they need to win an election unless they are going to abolish democracy.

If you want to know the red shirts ideas, why not go along and listen or talk to them? They seem friendly enough and willing to discuss politics.

Hammered, I listen at times to Nattawut and Jatuporn- I never hear them say anything about corruption or decentralisation or reforming education- all key issues.

Issan and northern workers in Bangkok can't assemble downtown at lunchtime, their factories are too far away.

Reforming education? You'll have to dump those university rectors and the democracy doesn't work academics first if you want to get anything changed.

Those workers will be there in the evening. Plus if you have ever been to red rally you will realise they have their fair share of middle class and business support. Don't forget they get that 40% in BKK vote. I wouldnt worry about the size of the red rally. Muang Thong was larger than any Suthep one and that was organized in two days.

Ooh you shouldn't forget how many industrial workers do shifts and are around at midday ;)

Edited by hammered
  • Like 1

If they say they are 'interested' in the Constitution Court's verdict they had better be very careful they are not accused of intimidation-  very anti democratic behaviour.

Reforming education? You'll have to dump those university rectors and the democracy doesn't work academics first if you want to get anything changed.

Those workers will be there in the evening. Plus if you have ever been to red rally you will realise they have their fair share of middle class and business support. Don't forget they get that 40% in BKK vote. I wouldnt worry about the size of the red rally. Muang Thong was larger than any Suthep one and that was organized in two days.

Ooh you shouldn't forget how many industrial workers do shifts and are around at midday ;)

That's true. Where was the Muang Thong rally held?

Ooh you shouldn't forget how many industrial workers do shifts and are around at midday wink.png

That's true. Where was the Muang Thong rally held?

Nonthaburi close to north Bangkok.

read Suthep's rants? yes plenty of force in 2010 like soldiers shooting innocent people sheltering in a temple etc. ALL violence should be abhorred - after all this is a Buddhist country right?

Indeed you are correct all violence should be abhorred like the men in black shooting those helping the people in the temple.

So you believe speeches are violence?

Then you should try reading Jatupor, Weng and Co's rants.