Suspect denies hiring Jakkrit's killer

webfact

Suspect denies hiring Jakkrit's killer
Jantip Masee
The Nation

Santi 'never met' victim's mother-in-law, who has confessed to ordering hit

BANGKOK: -- THE ALLEGED PROCURER of the hitman who has confessed to killing Olympic sharpshooter Jakkrit Panichpatikum yesterday insisted that he knew nothing about the murder plot and had never met the victim's mother-in-law - who allegedly put out the contract - or received any blood money from her.

"I deny all charges against me," Santi Thongsame said as he showed up at Metropolitan Police headquarters with some supporters who he said were his attorneys.

"I will oppose his bail request out of concern that he may intimidate witnesses," Metropolitan Police commissioner Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank said.

Santi, who is also a lawyer, is accused of finding the gunman for Surang Duangjinda, the mother of Jakkrit's wife, Dr Nithiwadee Phucharoenyos.

On October 19, Jakkrit was fatally shot while driving to meet his family. The couple had a rocky relationship. Earlier this year, Nithiwadee and Jakkrit's mother had complained publicly of acts of domestic violence committed by the sharpshooter.

On Monday, Surang confessed to masterminding Jakkrit's murder to end his attacks on his wife and children. Surang's acquaintance Worraphanphooree Montreeareekul has implicated both Surang and Santi. The suspected gunman, Jeerasak Klinkhai, has also told police that he received payment for the job from Santi.

Worraphanphooree has said she introduced Santi to Surang because the latter wanted to hire a hitman. Both Worraphanphooree and Surang said they met Santi at the hospital room where Nithiwadee was recuperating from a miscarriage reportedly caused by domestic violence, to arrange the killing.

Footage from the hospital's closed-circuit television system shows a man resembling Santi with Surang.

"No. I've never met her. I don't even know where that hospital is," Santi said.

While he knew Worraphan-phooree and Jeerasak, he had never planned any murder with them, he said. Although records show that he and Worraphanphooree talked on the phone on October 19, it was about another case, he said. "She's my client. I had been talking to her debtors," he said.

He also insisted that he had not gone on the run during the past week.

"I just wanted to spend time planning my surrender. I want to prove my innocence," he said.

Camronwit said Santi had the right to say whatever he liked but the evidence would speak louder.

"We have solid proof," he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-13

for god sake is there anyone here, who can tell me who is Worraphanphooree?

This story become more complicated than any thai tv soap.

And by the way, so far we have a death champion, a doctor, a crooked lawyer, a hysterical mother-in-law, a daft hit man, but why there is no gardener?

So where is the gardener, there is always one around the house, i told you so!

• Like 1

And by the way, so far we have a death champion, a doctor, a crooked lawyer, a hysterical mother-in-law, a daft hit man, but why there is no gardener?

Worraphanphooree is a client at Dr Nim's [ deceased's wife ] beauty clinic. They along with Dr Nim's mother have been friends for 7 years. Worraphanphooree was enlisted by these two to find a hitman to kill Jakkrit. Worraphanphooree therefore hired Mr Santi, who is her lawyer to organise the hit. Santi inturn then went out and hired the gunmen and the guy that was riding the bike for the gunmen.

• Like 1

He also insisted that he had not gone on the run during the past week.

"I just wanted to spend time planning my surrender. I want to prove my innocence," he said.

I don't think innocent people generally need time to "plan their surrender".

Usually the guilty ones who need time to rehearse their chosen upon alibi.

As for those cheering what they did, in killing a man, domestic disputes between two couples, often leads to a war of words, with both parties saying things that may or may not be true. Did he beat her into a miscarriage? Possibly, possibly not. We'll never know.

What we do know is that this man that she wanted out of her life so badly, she was still having sex with.

Perhaps the first step, before you, or your mother, think about killing a man to get him out of your life, is to stop seeing him... just an idea.

• Like 2

As the case becomes more focused and the noose begins to tighten the defendants

will deny, deny, deny till the last minute in front of the judge then the admissions to

escape the death penalty.

He was somewhere near Pattaya looking after Naam's botanical splendours. Or at least that is where he claims he was.

He was somewhere near Pattaya looking after Naam's botanical splendours. Or at least that is where he claims he was.

who is Naam?blink.png

It was the butler.