Buying a good quality MP3 player in CNX

sunoco27

I am looking to buy a good quality mp3 player here.

I am not interested in the ones that are sold for around 500 baht or less like I have bought in the past at

at Icon Square. I also dont want to spend 2,000 or more for a Sony at Airport Plaza.

Any ideas, or does anyone know a middle of the road good brand that I can buy here for 500 to 1,500 baht?

Thank You

I bought Phillips 4Gb 18 months ago after constant trouble with a Samsung U6

Definitely don't buy the cheap Thai ones they are a nightmare.

The Phillips is excellent in every way. No problems, easy to use, very good sound and well-designed armband. Supports many file types Wav Ogg Mp3 and Flac

I couldn't be more pleased with it.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/mp3-and-mp4-players/gogear-raga-4-gb-sa4rga04kn_12/prd/

The only drawback is that you might need to go to an authorised Phillips dealer to get one.

The Phillips is excellent in every way. No problems, easy to use, very good sound and well-designed armband. Supports many file types Wav Ogg Mp3 and Flac

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/mp3-and-mp4-players/gogear-raga-4-gb-sa4rga04kn_12/prd/

The only drawback is that you might need to go to an authorised Phillips dealer to get one.

Store location link wouldn't work.

Did you buy it in Chiang Mai, if so, WHERE????

Cheers,

I bought a Philips GoGear Opus MP4 almost two years ago, and I also couldn't be happier. Before that, I had their MP3 and was very happy with it. I bought it outside Thailand, so I am sorry that I cannot give you advice about shopping here. Nevertheless, I can vouch for this make's quality as well.

I wanted to buy a philips go gear definately the best budget as used to own one. Couldn't find one in Chiang Mai so settled for a 1600baht sony MP3 which comes with a years guarantee at Siam TV, I've only just bought it so can't really comment on how good it is yet.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering why anyone would buy a separate MP3 player, when nearly all cell phones have MP3 players. i bought a very basic Nokia dual sim two years ago for less than 1000 baht, and even it has a MP3 player built in. And the quality of the playback seems to rely on the earplugs more than the player, so better get good ones.

Benefits of phone player:

- no need to carry two separate devices (phone and mp3 player) around

- you can actually hear if someone calls you when listening to music because the phone will cut the music

- you can actually use your earplugs as a handsfree for calls also

- the (smart)phone is connected, so can get new music from the net without plugin it in to a computer

• Like 1

I'm just wondering why anyone would buy a separate MP3 player, when nearly all cell phones have MP3 players. i bought a very basic Nokia dual sim two years ago for less than 1000 baht, and even it has a MP3 player built in. And the quality of the playback seems to rely on the earplugs more than the player, so better get good ones.

- you can actually hear if someone calls you when listening to music because the phone will cut the music

- the (smart)phone is connected, so can get new music from the net without plugin it in to a computer

True. I can only speak for myself but I like a smaller separate MP3 player for running sports etc, as you can wear these like necklace so they don't pull your headphones out while you're moving around

There was an authorized Philips repair shop here in Chiang Mai several years ago. I took my shaver in to them to get new blades they had to send to Bangkok for them/ Two months later they gave me my money back. They were some where next to a University on the North end of town. It was a main road with if I recall correctly a fence down the center that looked like it had been built out of pipe. I had bought the shaver at Robinson in the Airport Mall. Maybe they have a MP3 or 4 player there. I inquired there to find out where the service center was.

If a MP player is your thing the web page showed it at 26.5 pounds about 1,300 baht.

I have also seen Philips products at Siam electronics.

Agree on the advantages of having it all in one device, but still one big drawback with smart phones. The biggest reason for me would be battery life. Dedicated MP3 players can support very long playing times, so when on the go or traveling, this is a key concern for me. I want 20-30 hrs on one charge minimum.

Same reason I have an e-ink ebook reader, in an era of color tablets. Ebook readers can last 3-4 weeks on a single charge.

I have an RCA mp3 player i brought from the US, jogged 11.4 kilometers everyday for 2 months and never any problems, covered in sweat and bouncing up and down..the AAA battery last about 3 weeks at 3 hours per day usage on close to maximum volume, things are so small and light shipping one from ebay would be negligible....now cycling 25 kilometres per day and its still going strong with no signs of giving up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-MP3-PLAYER-4GB-1200-SONGS-PH1814WN-17X-SHIP-FAST-/121197167719?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item1c37ea0467

Edited by KRS1