Thaivisa Server Up And Running!

george

Thaivisa server up and running!

Hardware failure

Welcome back!

Yesterday we had a serious harddisk crash in our RAID cluster. All data is now restored and we hope that everything works as it should. It took some time to get the new hardware delivered.

No data was lost.

Our apologizes for the downtime. :o

Cheers

George

Hardware failure

Welcome back!

Yesterday we had a serious harddisk crash in our RAID cluster. All data is now restored and we hope that everything works as it should. It took some time to get the new hardware delivered.

No data was lost.

Our apologizes for the downtime. :o

Cheers

George

Oh that's why....sorry for my previous post then

Hardware failure

Welcome back!

No data was lost.

Our apologizes for the downtime. :D

Cheers

George

good job! Afraid :D that you had been blocked by ...... :o now I can sleep quite because we can't miss the Forum, can't we?? :D

Isn't the whole point in RAID clusters to be failsafe? :o

redunancy system - mirrored drives. One fails other kicks in while you sort out the failed drive. However guess it all depends on how things are setup with their hardware.

I even texted to JaiDee to ask if it was down. He called me back and said that he doesnt know as he has moved into a new house. So no JD for a couple of weeks. Texted Chuchok but no reply. Probably on the piss. Again! Anyway good to see it back up and running.

I even texted to JaiDee to ask if it was down. He called me back and said that he doesnt know as he has moved into a new house. So no JD for a couple of weeks. Texted Chuchok but no reply. Probably on the piss. Again! Anyway good to see it back up and running.

lost my phone mate.. :D:o ..know what I mean! :D

Isn't the whole point in RAID clusters to be failsafe? :o

redunancy system - mirrored drives. One fails other kicks in while you sort out the failed drive. However guess it all depends on how things are setup with their hardware.

True....there are many types of raids...

one that provides redundancy, one that makes a batch of disks act like one super disk, one that joins a batch of disks to make the entire thing faster by distributing data across disks.....

Thank god for that! I tried emailing yesterday, but that bounced too.

Was so withdrawn had to sign up for the Bear Pit - slapped a couple of 12 y/o slagging each other off - saw some old faces (er User Names) over there though.

Glad to be back, I was getting worried I'd have to do some work!

PS: Site seems much fatser now! Because not many users noticed its back, or because the new hardware is better?

Edited by wolf5370

I found not being able to get my daily TV fix almost as disturbing as that feeling when you wake up on your first day back home after a holiday in Thailand....

So true :o

Whew! And I thought I had gotten banned!! :D

Good work, George & Co. Can I get a refund for yesterday? :o

I was thinking that I got slapped with a ban too while desperately trying to recall what I wrote last night :D

Guest endure

Isn't the whole point in RAID clusters to be failsafe? :D

one that provides redundancy, one that makes a batch of disks act like one super disk, one that joins a batch of disks to make the entire thing faster by distributing data across disks.....

I would have thought that a RAID arrray for a webserver would be set up for redundancy (RAID 5 at least). If that's the case George ought to ask for his money back :o

Isn't the whole point in RAID clusters to be failsafe? :D

I would have thought that a RAID arrray for a webserver would be set up for redundancy (RAID 5 at least). If that's the case George ought to ask for his money back :o

Depending on what's stated in the SLA, he may be receiving a discount. :D