Foreigners pull money out of Thai stocks and bonds

webfact

I hope the world will wake up and withdraw all the investment.

Thais with their unfounded arrogance and fashism, need a lesson.

Do you really know what fascism means? Considering you can`t even spell the word.

I do know that these sorts of comments on Thai visa, mostly perpetrated by those of low intellect like yourself, are read and noted by the authorities here and can have knock on affects for all the ex-pats living in Thailand.

• Like 1

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone running an Australian Forex Investment Program. Minimum $50,000 U.S.D. 

(He says it has been returning 10-20% monthly for the past 3+ years)

I asked him about the U.S.D. collapsing, etc...he said, "In Forex, the more volatile the market, the better the returns."

(They use some advanced software that check 400 indicators simultaneously 24 hours a day and although there is some risk, there is a stop loss in place)

Give him 50k. In three years it will be worth nearly 8 million! Genius or BS?

I was just going to write this same exact thing... But they already wrote it so much better! Brilliant, Thai visa memebers in a nutshell.

The process of commentary on the actions of Thailand by TV members is really very simple. It is

called the balcony view of the world. Meaning we are sitting up in the balcony, and on stage

is the odd behavior of the Thai government. We cannot effect what is going on, but

we certainly can comment on it if something happens that is especially bizarre. If the goings on

happening on the stage get really wild, and the theater looks like it may burn down, then it is

time to leave the building. In simplistic terms, this is also called freedom of speech......

Ok let me make it more clear for you. If a Thai person lived in America, and he complained about high taxes

or some other aspect of the government he did not like, and an American told the Thai guy

he should fly back to Thailand if he did not like America, the Thai guy would think the American

guy was nuts. And that is about how I feel about the posters advocating that anyone who comments

negatively about Thailand should get a on a jet and go home.......

Regarding Thailand going down in flames, just have to wait and see. It happened in 1997, and

and can happen again. I personally hope it does not. But with Moodys and the IMF giving

warnings to Thailand, that is certainly something to be concerned about.

Not to forget Thailand's economy had recovered by 2001. Bad times for 3 years out of 60.smile.png

Good. Pull it all out, and let's see if Thais continue with their unfounded arrogance.

I think it's more than mere arrogance. The fiscal strategies that the BOT and the current regime have embarked on are fret with negative consequences. Added to the political strife, the overall outlook is bleak.

While it may be good news for expats should the Baht suffer even further, the losers will be the average Thais, many of whom are living on the edge of a very high credit cliff.

You are ignoring the 1000 tonne elephant in the corner who moves this exchange rate more than any other person.

Note news from Nov 14th where Janet Yellen mentioned that stimulus will have to wait to be curtailed until the US economy strengthened, resulting in the Thai bahts biggest gain in 3 weaks having weakened a bit after the protests.

So you see, Thailand could essentially descend into civil war, and as long as the factories keep working and the tourists keep coming, Thailand will grow at anything between 3 to 6% and with the USA printing huge amounts of money every month, the pressure for the Baht to stay relatively strong is there.

If the USA stopped stimulus tomorrow, the Thai baht would weaken immediately.

A foreign tourist yesterday crosses a street where anti-government protesters at Democracy Monument

Good to see that amidst all the impending anarchy the Nation proofreaders are on top of things.

I may wander down to Democracy Monument as I'm intrigued to know how that sentence ends. Are they holding a B-Boy Battle? A Suthep look-a-like contest? Miss Clacker and Whistle 2013?

The really stupid people around here are those playing the Thai Bashing game in these forums (and elsewhere). Every communication you make on the Internet and via your mobile phone is intercepted and analysed. They know who you are and where you live and your passport number too. It's not only the NSA that's doing it. You are the real morons!

Oh my, Im shi**ing myselfcoffee1.gif

I know someone running an Australian Forex Investment Program. Minimum $50,000 U.S.D.

I asked him about the U.S.D. collapsing, etc...he said, "In Forex, the more volatile the market, the better the returns."

(They use some advanced software that check 400 indicators simultaneously 24 hours a day and although there is some risk, there is a stop loss in place)

This is very hard to believe I hope you have not invested in this Con

Rampant Corruption, Shaky Thai business climate, lying about business and assets, mistreating foreign residents - so would you expect any other result..??

12 months SET up 14.19%. I guess, rampant Corruption, shaky Thai business climate, lying about business and assets, mistreating foreign residents pays OK. I'd take 14.19% for a year. How about you?

• Like 1

There was an interesting article last week posted by somebody that had a link to Forbes magazine. The title of the post was something like the bubble bursting. Fascinating reading.

Apologies to the kind poster whose name I have forgotten.

If you can find it, it shows so much statistical information to back up the hypothesis put forward and opinion. It also gave opinions of three Thai businessmen caught up in the 1997 debacle. For expats with currency coming in it pointed the way forward for exchange rates and really pulled the rug from under Yingluck's populist policies.

The Forbes article you refer to is " Thailand's Bubble Economy Is Heading For A 1997-Style Crash" by Jesse Colombo and can be found here.

Give him 50k. In three years it will be worth nearly 8 million! Genius or BS?

Sounds like someone was being groomed at a bar

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Meanwhile, Asian equities analysts at Morgan Stanley reiterated their belief in Thailand’s economic growth going forwards, citing its strong fundamentals in value-added exports and conservative banking sectors." cheesy.gif

Apparently they haven't heard about the Agricultural Bank and the rice scheme. cheesy.gif

"Meanwhile, Asian equities analysts at Morgan Stanley reiterated their belief in Thailand’s economic growth going forwards, citing its strong fundamentals in value-added exports and conservative banking sectors." cheesy.gif

Apparently they haven't heard about the Agricultural Bank and the rice scheme. cheesy.gif

They do not want any of their investors to speculate (panic) that would worry their less informed clients (victims)

• Like 2

The ship is starting to sink......coffee1.gif

Money is the only thing Thais understand. Let's hope they understand what this means.

After 17 years of being married to a Thai woman....money was,has and is all she thinks about....her family is the same way....what a way to live...and she makes sure no "farlang" husband will ever get her hard earned money...I just laugh my ass off everytime I think about how someone can be that self-centered and selfish.

I sometime wish I had never gone to Thailand....smile.png

If the Thai economy fails take a guess who the family insurance company is? Hint not me or Le Roy

quote "(He says it has been returning 10-20% monthly for the past 3+ years)"

You should see "American Greed"..dozens of documentaries about guys claiming that level of return and more.

They all end up with the guy doing 20+ years, and their investors in penury.

Edited by ajs500

Quality Thai stocks are a good investment....both of them

SET Index is a composite index which represents the price movement for all common stocks trading on the SET. Formula SET Index =Current Market Value x 100 divided by Base Market Value.

The SET Index for the last 12 months is up 14.57%.

Not bad for two stocks eh?

The set is around 500 plus listed companies with a combined market capitalization of BT฿ 8,490 billion.

Thanks for the gratuitous lesson, but I am well aware of the facts. My point may have been slightly oblique but relates to the fact that there are only 2 stocks in which I would invest: Siam Cement and K bank. Both have world class management. I am not interested in playing a lottery.

Have a look at the SET in the period leading up to the events of 1997...and the spiral down. Now we see huge growth again. Is that growth sustainable..? NOT in my view. Maybe ok in parts for speculators but looks like a market ripe for shorting to me

Quality Thai stocks are a good investment....both of them

SET Index is a composite index which represents the price movement for all common stocks trading on the SET. Formula SET Index =Current Market Value x 100 divided by Base Market Value.

The SET Index for the last 12 months is up 14.57%.

Not bad for two stocks eh?

The set is around 500 plus listed companies with a combined market capitalization of BT฿ 8,490 billion.

Thanks for the gratuitous lesson, but I am well aware of the facts. My point may have been slightly oblique but relates to the fact that there are only 2 stocks in which I would invest: Siam Cement and K bank. Both have world class management. I am not interested in playing a lottery.

Have a look at the SET in the period leading up to the events of 1997...and the spiral down. Now we see huge growth again. Is that growth sustainable..? NOT in my view. Maybe ok in parts for speculators but looks like a market ripe for shorting to me

And how would you short the SET?

I wouldn't...I am not a speculator. I don't know the market well enough (other than the 2 I mentioned) but the market as a whole looks overvalued, as I have been saying for several months ( not as a response to the recent turmoil).

Sorry about the multiple postings

And how would you short the SET?