Chuwit asks Suthep to understand "Mr Green Tea"

webfact

Look who's talking. Here's how it goes:

- You establish illegal, unethical, and immoral businesses in Thailand.

- You run this business until you become a billionaire tycoon.

- You've established yourself enough to seemingly 'disconnect' from the same businesses.

- You enter politics and and position yourself as a person against corruption.

- You start lecturing people on what you think is morally right.

And the funny part in all this, this person is elected by the so-called educated in Thailand. Give me a break.

What exactly is unethical and immoral about sex ?

Nothing. However, running illegal brothels employing underage, and possibly trafficked prostitutes and exploiting said prostitutes is. Unless of course you believe pimping and trafficking for prostitution are legitimate ethical moral business practices.

- You've established yourself enough to seemingly 'disconnect' from the same businesses.

And the funny part in all this, this person is elected by the so-called educated in Thailand. Give me a break.

It is called chutzpah.

I vote for him cause he's entertaining and there is a good chance he's going to help destroy the joint. Replacing it with what, I'm not so sure....

• Like 1

Regarding Mr. Green Tea, instead of sucking up to the government by making disparaging remarks about the attendance at the rally, he should learn to keep his mouth shut..... I was in a taxi once, and the driver asked me in Thai if I like Thaksin. I told him that Thaksin was the worst thing that ever happened to Thailand. He stopped the cab, and told me to get out. Lesson? Opinions are not appreciated in Thailand.

Your comparison is invalid.He was noting an incontestable fact.You were expressing a personal and subjective opinion.

Wrong. I noted a fact as well..... Events occurring right now are an ongoing proof of that... :-)

So you are unable to distinguish between a fact and an opinion.I will keep that in mind when reading your posts.

Good idea. I always keep in mind the difference between fact and fiction when I read yours.

Nothing. However, running illegal brothels employing underage, and possibly trafficked prostitutes and exploiting said prostitutes is. Unless of course you believe pimping and trafficking for prostitution are legitimate ethical moral business practices.

All the massage premises have their licences intact, other wise they would not be open and so many of them now would there?

If he did employ underage or trafficked staff...then tsk tsk to him and if proven he should be jailed....do you have proof of this?

As for pimping, in the true sense of the word, no it is not a moral business, but the management of a premises supplying comfort, safety and services is not pimping in the true sense now is it.

Wrong. I noted a fact as well..... Events occurring right now are an ongoing proof of that... :-)

So you are unable to distinguish between a fact and an opinion.I will keep that in mind when reading your posts.

Good idea. I always keep in mind the difference between fact and fiction when I read yours.

Doesn't really work does it? If you wish to engage in invective (albeit lame because just copied) like this you need to provide an example or you just look foolish.Here's a pointer.Chuwit is an entertaining politician (that's an opinion).Chuwit has been involved in immoral businesses (that too is an opinion because morality is subjective).Chuwit has owned massage parlours in Bangkok (that's a fact).Got it now? Off you go.

• Like 1

Doesn't really work does it? If you wish to engage in invective (albeit lame because just copied) like this you need to provide an example or you just look foolish.Here's a pointer.Chuwit is an entertaining politician (that's an opinion).Chuwit has been involved in immoral businesses (that too is an opinion because morality is subjective).Chuwit has owned massage parlours in Bangkok (that's a fact).Got it now? Off you go

Still posting in the superior mindset of the insecure. Maybe that's not your intention, but it does make you look so patronizing, pretentious and unable to accept anything as your own opinion as fact.

You find Chuwit entertaining - your opinion. Chuwit's involvement in the massage business has been well documented - do your own research. Your judgment on the immorality of this business is down to your own personal values.

Your views, based on your values, allow others to judge the contents of your posts in the context of your values.

You appear to like to give other posters instructions - keep on with the delusion that you're in someway important. coffee1.gif

All the massage premises have their licences intact, other wise they would not be open and so many of them now would there?

If he did employ underage or trafficked staff...then tsk tsk to him and if proven he should be jailed....do you have proof of this?

As for pimping, in the true sense of the word, no it is not a moral business, but the management of a premises supplying comfort, safety and services is not pimping in the true sense now is it.

Jeez. Of course, all the massage premises are licensed, nothing illegal ever goes on. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, so never happens.

Police always very professional, investigate thoroughly. Justice system always makes sure law breakers are tried and if convicted correctly punished.

Pimping - provide a safe and secure working environment for tiny tiny % of money. Not really "pimping" like those bad farang do in the West.

Thailand - hub of virtue and justice.thumbsup.gif

Try doing some research on Khun Chuwit's past and make your own judgement.

He's made a lot of money from his past enterprises. Once you're rich, it easy to declare that you've changed,and become the political crusader.

As one poster says, he's a clever boy. Rumored to have lots of tapes and records of interesting things, just in case.

Wrong. I noted a fact as well..... Events occurring right now are an ongoing proof of that...   :-)

Doesn't really work does it? If you wish to engage in invective (albeit lame because just copied) like this you need to provide an example or you just look foolish.Here's a pointer.Chuwit is an entertaining politician (that's an opinion).Chuwit has been involved in immoral businesses (that too is an opinion because morality is subjective).Chuwit has owned massage parlours in Bangkok (that's a fact).Got it now? Off you go

Still posting in the superior mindset of the insecure. Maybe that's not your intention, but it does make you look so patronizing, pretentious and unable to accept anything as your own opinion as fact.

You find Chuwit entertaining - your opinion. Chuwit's involvement in the massage business has been well documented - do your own research. Your judgment on the immorality of this business is down to your own personal values. 

Your views, based on your values, allow others to judge the contents of your posts in the context of your values.

You appear to like to give other posters instructions - keep on with the delusion that you're in someway important. Posted Image

Not only are you unable to understand what is subjective and what is not, you also seem unable to grasp a simple point.I was not having a debate about Chuwit.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree with you on this 100% except for:-

1) His businesses were not illegal, unethical or immoral. They were legally licenced massage businesses.

2) Why not run a legal business to make money? That's the idea of running a business. Would you work for nothing?

3) He hasn't "seemingly" disconnected from those businesses, he has disconnected from them completely.

4) What is wrong with adopting a stand against corruption, particularly if you have no part in corruption whilst supporting that stand?

5) He's not giving anyone a moral lecture, he's simply supporting a local businessman.

And you're right, of course, he was elected. Sensibly, it seems. That's how it goes.

Well actually the conduct of his businesses was illegal , that is why he had to pay millions of baht

to the police to avoid being shut down. But the really funny part is that he apparently has extensive

documentation/video footage of his payments to the police, as well as records of powerful politicians

using his " massage" services. That is why he is untouchable, and is still above ground.

But yeah, Chuwit playing moral crusader is very funny if you know his past. If the Thai dictionary

contains the word irony, which I am pretty sure it does not, there would be a little picture of

Chuwit next to the word irony. Think he really is just amusing himself . He exposed a few gambling

dens, which probably reopened the following week down the road but now are paying increased protection

money to the police..........

Regarding Mr. Green Tea, instead of sucking up to the government by making disparaging remarks about the attendance at the rally, he should learn to keep his mouth shut..... I was in a taxi once, and the driver asked me in Thai if I like Thaksin. I told him that Thaksin was the worst thing that ever happened to Thailand. He stopped the cab, and told me to get out. Lesson? Opinions are not appreciated in Thailand.

I always tell them I think Thaksin is great. He keeps people poor and ignorant so means lots of cheap boom boom in Thailand in years to come.

I agree with you on this 100% except for:-

1) His businesses were not illegal, unethical or immoral. They were legally licenced massage businesses.

2) Why not run a legal business to make money? That's the idea of running a business. Would you work for nothing?

3) He hasn't "seemingly" disconnected from those businesses, he has disconnected from them completely.

4) What is wrong with adopting a stand against corruption, particularly if you have no part in corruption whilst supporting that stand?

5) He's not giving anyone a moral lecture, he's simply supporting a local businessman.

And you're right, of course, he was elected. Sensibly, it seems. That's how it goes.

Well actually the conduct of his businesses was illegal , that is why he had to pay millions of baht

to the police to avoid being shut down. But the really funny part is that he apparently has extensive

documentation/video footage of his payments to the police, as well as records of powerful politicians

using his " massage" services. That is why he is untouchable, and is still above ground.

But yeah, Chuwit playing moral crusader is very funny if you know his past. If the Thai dictionary

contains the word irony, which I am pretty sure it does not, there would be a little picture of

Chuwit next to the word irony. Think he really is just amusing himself . He exposed a few gambling

dens, which probably reopened the following week down the road but now are paying increased protection

money to the police..........

I always tell them I think Thaksin is great. He keeps people poor and ignorant so means lots of cheap boom boom in Thailand in years to come.

Sadly that is true. A friend of mine who had spent many years used to argue with me about

Thailand and its path forward. My position was Thailand needed to eliminate corruption,

increase education, and stop the elite class from bleeding Thailand dry...... He said I was

all wrong. He said the more screwed up Thailand was, and the less opportunities there were

for common people to move up the economic ladder, that meant more cute Isan girls would have to be selling their bodies to support their families. (or Thai boyfriend depending on how well you know Thailand).

And for the rose colored glasses brigade, 90% of those sales are occurring to Thai men.

And yes Chuwit was in that aspect of business up to his eyeballs...

From what I've heard, not while he was running them.

I've heard all sorts of pro-Chuvit stories (from people who went on to vote for him). for example, he would make sure the girls were paid (either personally by himself or the company) whenever the police came over to "inspect the premises" (since they of course never paid), which was not the case in the brothels he didn't run - other than differences with regards to the fundamental issue of "is sex for money acceptable?", he had ethics: this sort of thing was "his" responsibility the company's, not the girls', so he made sure they didn't have to swallow the loss (pun not intended).

Also no shenanigans with getting girls hooked on drugs or whatnot - there wasn't a shortage of girls wanting to work for him, he didn't need to try to force girls to stay.

About the only black spot about him i really feel, is the clearing of "Chuvit Park" ... I'm not so sure about his story, there.

Edited by build6
  • Like 1

You come down with the last shower? Yeah of course he has disconnected. I like Chuvit and the way he stands against corruption etc, but it really is hypocritical and a fox guarding the hen house scenario.

One could say the same about Suthep though he, unlike the zany Chuwit, is of course not in any way likeable.

And returning to the thread subject matter Mr Green Tea was speaking no more than the truth.

As one who prattles on about facts here's a good example of distortion. Mr Green Tea was giving his opinion and it was not the truth. Given the numbers that came on to the streets and the varied groups that saw through the amnesty bill and the government & Senate's reaction to them, it was significant enough to - at least temporarily - squash it.

Numbers in street protests are variable depending who is pronouncing on them and to call them small or large or whatever is nothing but opinion. However, like Ezzra, I won't be drinking green tea because of Suthep but because it is little more than sugared water.

You come down with the last shower? Yeah of course he has disconnected. I like Chuvit and the way he stands against corruption etc, but it really is hypocritical and a fox guarding the hen house scenario.

One could say the same about Suthep though he, unlike the zany Chuwit, is of course not in any way likeable.

And returning to the thread subject matter Mr Green Tea was speaking no more than the truth.

As one who prattles on about facts here's a good example of distortion. Mr Green Tea was giving his opinion and it was not the truth. Given the numbers that came on to the streets and the varied groups that saw through the amnesty bill and the government & Senate's reaction to them, it was significant enough to - at least temporarily - squash it.

Numbers in street protests are variable depending who is pronouncing on them and to call them small or large or whatever is nothing but opinion. However, like Ezzra, I won't be drinking green tea because of Suthep but because it is little more than sugared water.

Fair enough.I accept your point.Still there's no harm in many of us thinking harder about what are facts (or as near as can be defined as facts) and what are opinions.

• Like 1

Perhaps we should consider the message rather than the messenger. That is, if companies that do not support this government will be harassed. simply put, abuse of power and extortion.

Despite all the good will on this thread, you are now suggesting Chuvit is a paid for goon? Blimey that was a quick turn around.

Not a turn around, a lack of comprehension on your part.

Perhaps we should consider the message rather than the messenger. That is, if companies that do not support this government will be harassed. simply put, abuse of power and extortion.

Despite all the good will on this thread, you are now suggesting Chuvit is a paid for goon? Blimey that was a quick turn around.

Explain then.

Doesn't really work does it? If you wish to engage in invective (albeit lame because just copied) like this you need to provide an example or you just look foolish.Here's a pointer.Chuwit is an entertaining politician (that's an opinion).Chuwit has been involved in immoral businesses (that too is an opinion because morality is subjective).Chuwit has owned massage parlours in Bangkok (that's a fact).Got it now? Off you go.

So how does "only a small number of people joined the protest." become an "incontestable fact"? In your opinion, that is.

Explain then.

Good grief! The messenger is unimportant here but the message is. Companies that criticise the government or support with their opponents will be subjected to harassment.

I am ambivalent about Chuwit and prefer not to express an opinion about the man. But as an MP expressing the concern of a constituent, I have to take him seriously.

Edited by JRSoul

So how does "only a small number of people joined the protest." become an "incontestable fact"? In your opinion, that is.

To be quite honest I was thinking of Suthep's call for a strike/go slow and its poor response rather than, as I should have given the context (my mistake), the earlier protests against the blanket amnesty.I accept Khunken's contention that these were 'large enough' to do the job to bury the blanket amnesty - an objective I support.

Explain then.

Good grief! The messenger is unimportant here but the message is. Companies that criticise the government or support with their opponents will be subjected to harassment.

I am ambivalent about Chuwit and prefer not to express an opinion about the man. But as an MP expressing the concern of a constituent, I have to take him seriously.

So Suthep until last week a member of the Democrat party encourages a boycott of a product due to some stupid reason, and this is then challenged by a Chuwit who has no part in the current Government, and this translates into the message from the current Government that anyone who does not support them will be subjected to harassment? What a bizarre view.

Explain then.

So Suthep until last week a member of the Democrat party encourages a boycott of a product due to some stupid reason, and this is then challenged by a Chuwit who has no part in the current Government, and this translates into the message from the current Government that anyone who does not support them will be subjected to harassment? What a bizarre view.

Are you deliberately or naturally obtuse? The message was a claim by a businessman delivered via a non-government MP in explanation of why he made disparaging remarks about the anti-government protest.

Your original claim that I was calling Chuwit a paid for goon was baseless. Your second twisting is ridiculous.

• Like 1