Motor Expo Bangkok - Bike Section - November, 2013

ll2

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys from Kawasaki probably have the Ninja 1000 (ZX1000SX) ready to be exposed....

Yup your right just uncovered ( also yes on the Honda also uncovered )

z1000 is actually growing on me a lot every time i look at it.

nice bike.

Not to nitpick but... ok I am nitpicking, the Z1000 2014 is not the Z1000SX aka Ninja1000. Different thing. Z1000 is all right.

On the global market the Honda NC700X will not be replaced by the NC750X, the NC700X will stay available. The name NC750X vs NC700X is hides a bit that the NC750X is actual 75cc bigger. I cannot tell for certain if the NC700X will be a model next to the NC750X in Thailand.

I already have the English owner's manual for the Honda CTX700 for a month available for download on my website.

richard, i am sure you know something about this Japanese-Thai trade agreement that will be fully effective on 2015.

is that why Honda price went down drastically this way?

As i heard, the excise rate for products coming from Japan is getting less each year cumulatively.

do you knwo more to enlighten us a bit?

thanks.

FTA should in theory lower import taxes by 10% every year. However it's pretty unclear to me if that applies to everything, e.g. bikes and cars as well, or not. It's called a free trade agreement, but I believe that does not mean trade is actually free. There's many ifs and buts.... government definition of free wink.png

It would make sense if that was the reason for prices coming down; others like Yamaha have not reduced import prices though.

Edited by nikster

That's a great price for the CBR1000RR- it's too bad it's the restricted version.

Does anyone know if BMW is doing anything on the S1000RR for the show?

Yes but the restriction is easily defeated. Although it will need a exhaust also to achieve full power$$$

• Like 1

That's a great price for the CBR1000RR- it's too bad it's the restricted version.

Yes but the restriction is easily defeated. Although it will need a exhaust also to achieve full power$$$

I thought Brian at Sumet spent a lot of money trying and never quite got it right. You sure it's easy?

I thought Brian at Sumet spent a lot of money trying and never quite got it right. You sure it's easy?

Off the top of my small brain.

1. add a jumper to modify the ecu top speed

2. change the restrictor plate on the velocity stacks

3. de-restrict the exhaust

i think thats it but havent looked lately.

I dont pay more than 400 k for a restricted cbr1000rr. no way. Possibly you need to spend 100 k to destrict it plus all the time and hassle with the jumpers etc.

If they sell unrestricted version for 630 k, then it is very tempting.

Still nice try from honda.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Benelli 302cc Twin 129k baht

Depending on reviews may be a good deal given the suspension etc.

Dual front disc, wheels look like galespeed copy?

Wonder what the weight & power numbers are

1455087_688025617897723_74659902_n.jpg

Interesting bike. Quite attractive in terms of looks / price ratio. See specs in the video below starting 0:28

Main thing that stood out for me was that curb weight 196 Kg seems on the high side for the displacement/power. Will have to wait for the reviews.

• Like 2

Suzuki

gladius 650.. 319k baht

v-strom .. 350K baht

Nice, I would buy that instead of the Honda 650's any day, don't like 4 cyl bikes.

But where are the dealers? Haven't seen them in Pattaya.

are you serious? the CB650 is so much more bike. Suzuki must have got a blow in the face when they say the honda bike for 35,000 baht less.

320K is way overpriced for this bike.

Edited by brfsa2
  • Like 1

Suzuki

gladius 650.. 319k baht

v-strom .. 350K baht

Nice, I would buy that instead of the Honda 650's any day, don't like 4 cyl bikes.

But where are the dealers? Haven't seen them in Pattaya.

are you serious? the CB650 is so much more bike. Suzuki must have got a blow in the face when they say the honda bike for 35,000 baht less.

320K is way overpriced for this bike.

Yes I am, don't understand why everybody here is so excited by the cbr 650, it's just a low budget 4 pot 650cc bike, it doesn't look special to me other than it's cheap for Thailand??

Well anyway if I buy a big bike again it will most likely be the Ducati Hyperstrada, now that is a good looking bike and it sounds right toowink.png (I had a test ride on one earlier this week and I was impressed, big time).

I will go to the expo next week and have a look. Photos are one thing, see them for real is another.

As I said, 4 cyl bikes are not for me, it never was.

Man, this cbr1000r for 630 k is getting so tempting!

They have less in stock and honda guy that i know and trust said it costs 6000 thb to de restrict cbr1000 plus a 25k slip on! They swear!

Went ahead and booked cbr650f for now as already 20 people booked the bike yesterday.

But if i change my mind, i can get the money back or put it for ducati and cbr1000rr.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-13857078677884_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13857078843724_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13857078998673_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13857079194127_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

They have less in stock and honda guy that i know and trust said it costs 6000 thb to de restrict cbr1000 plus a 25k slip on! They swear!

Went ahead and booked cbr650f for now as already 20 people booked the bike yesterday.

But if i change my mind, i can get the money back or put it for ducati and cbr1000rr.

Hmmm... I'm going to look into that- I was considering some silly bikes, but the CBR1000RR is a terrific motorcycle, and that's such a low (for LOS) price...

I'm going to the show on Monday and I'll talk to the Honda guys and see what they say.

Hmmm... I'm going to look into that- I was considering some silly bikes, but the CBR1000RR is a terrific motorcycle, and that's such a low (for LOS) price...

I'm going to the show on Monday and I'll talk to the Honda guys and see what they say.

This is really annoying, I'd finally decided on the 796 and now they throw this at me. Very bad form smile.png

This is really annoying, I'd finally decided on the 796 and now they throw this at me. Very bad form smile.png

Too many choices isn't always a good thing, but it's great when it comes to bikes.wink.png

I would guess all-in it would be close to 700K once the CBR1000RR is done and derestricted (mechanics tend to quote low), and then there's the warranty issue- it's a Honda, though, and there shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by RubberSideDown

Anyone seen how much the new Z1000 will be? The SX is 629k so I'm guessing maybe 590k.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I believe the price list above is for the previous model- someone posting from the show said it was 599k, but I haven't seen any other confirmation.

CBR1000RR

I think Brian at Sumet has one of those from last year's show. You should talk with him.