Server is down for 5 days, anything you can do ?

meyori

Of course our computer is ON, Otherwise, I will not be albe to post this. Our website is host by broadlakeservers through web design company in Austria. When I asked them what is going on, she said, "we had a massive server crash and work on it to restore it". Since this message, we have not ehard back. So we do not know any further. WE are in Phuket.

Yep, shows server offline and unavailable - http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://broadlakeservers.com/

BroadlakeServers is a professional company providing top class IP shared Website Hosting. It's important to have reliable web hosting for your business or ... biggrin.png

For a downtime that long would definitely be looking for another web host. Perhaps you can tell us where you would like the hosting site to be located and the monthly/annual price you are wanting.

You can move your email to another provider and be up and running in a matter of hours.

PM me if you need contact details for someone to do it.

There's a few factors that might make it a breeze or a slight pain.

Moving websites ranges in difficulty from simple to nightmare.

I hope you have backups.

if down 5 days, change the server. I can't even believe that they have no backup machine that might be slower but could take over.

Or rent a server for a short time at a other company. To move a webpage to a temporary place, is just a few mouse clicks with the nameserver.

I have good experience with leaseweb.com dedicated server.

I got told that these: http://www.hetzner.de/ are good (but no experience)

so---> move move move

Of course our computer is ON, Otherwise, I will not be albe to post this. Our website is host by broadlakeservers through web design company in Austria. When I asked them what is going on, she said, "we had a massive server crash and work on it to restore it". Since this message, we have not ehard back. So we do not know any further. WE are in Phuket.

Geez. We are trying help. How the hell do we know what you have, where you are and how you log on, when your original post cannot be decrypted by even the NSA?

Last post from me. Change your business email to gmail. You can even keep your own domain with them for emails only.

• Like 1

As above MOVE. If your provider does not have redundancy built in then they are, quite simply, muppets.

There are plenty of wonderful suppliers out there. gmail is a great idea too though it will still require your server to be up for the mx records. That said you can hold the mx records with some domain hosters. It is VERY wise to have domains hosted with a separate entity to allow you to switch quickly.

My supplier (I host for a number of companies) has been down for 30 minutes in the past year and 20 of those were scheduled. They hold 60 back-ups at 12 hour intervals and have redundancy built in. If the tech or connection dies they simply switch over to duplicated servers and we are back. Downed connection was the last issue - 10 minutes.

MOVE!