Boat captain abandons novice US divers in middle of the ocean in Thailand

webfact

You are not dealing with "the sharpest knives in the draw", intelligence, education all leave alot to be desired in many countries. People just blindly expect things to be the same wherever they go, they are not, and they dont stop to think about where they are and who they are actually dealing with.If they know what they are doing, if they are trained, if they have experience? Or is it just some local driven purely by money and has no clue as to the implications of his actions and unknowingly put lives in danger.

That national average IQ of 87 bobs up again

Where do you get that from? For example, see: http://antispam.kmutt.ac.th/index.php/jmht/article/view/1665 Pretty darn average, overall.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not dealing with "the sharpest knives in the draw", intelligence, education all leave alot to be desired in many countries. People just blindly expect things to be the same wherever they go, they are not, and they dont stop to think about where they are and who they are actually dealing with.If they know what they are doing, if they are trained, if they have experience? Or is it just some local driven purely by money and has no clue as to the implications of his actions and unknowingly put lives in danger.

Where do you get that from? For example, see: http://antispam.kmutt.ac.th/index.php/jmht/article/view/1665 Pretty darn average, overall.

Of course, a government report on IQ coming from the same government which controls the schools should be considered conclusive...

There is more to note about objective surveys and truthful dissemination of information, first I need to leave this fox to guard the hen house.

"nearby cliffs which were too steep to climb."

So they were hardly "in the middle of the ocean" then!

Yeah, even the original article mentions reefs. The cliffs point to somewhere off the Andaman coast, maybe not far from Phuket,. Hardly middle of the ocean, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they may be on the Indian Ocean side of things.

Of course, a government report on IQ coming from the same government which controls the schools should be considered conclusive...

There is more to note about objective surveys and truthful dissemination of information, first I need to leave this fox to guard the hen house.

Yeah, you have the right to be skeptical of course (which means you accuse the researchers of fudging the data), but they also identified substantial regional differences, which would be unusual if this was simply a government con-job...

The couple are being interviewed on CNN.

You're kidding. <face palm>

Looks like their 15 minutes of fame just turned into 30, and a little cash, no doubt.

Great! They can tell the entire world that the sky is falling...

And do you know what the real shame is? It's that most of the world will believe it.

Most of the world will believe what these people have to say. I mean they have some video footage, injuries and a story to tell that's gripping and informative.

I'm sure Chris 12345 isn't going to be too happy with the CNN interview. But then again, it seems as if Chris 12345 has no empathy, as somebody else pointed out.

I'm not too sure that Chris 12345 is actually the owner of the dive shop/company that brought these poor people out to sea and abandon them, but if he is, shame on you Chris 12345!

Edited by Charlie Cheap

• 4 weeks later...

What was the final outcome to this ?

So far as I know everyone made a safe return to shore, without any injuries or trauma.

There may well have been a 'consideration' for the CNN interview with the the particular couple.

As per usual, don't let facts get in the way of a good headline.