Cigarette Smoke In Pattaya - City of Smokers

morrobay

What is with this 80% of the Pattaya population smoking cigarettes ??

Thats all I see Asian males doing all day. And unfortunetly alot more Thai ladies are smoking now. Most of the Russians are smokers. Then there is the generic white males smoking all over the place. Forget about the bars, there is second hand smoke everywhere outside : The beach , the outdoor restaurants, outside starbucks , smokers ghettos in front of supermarkets , the air around condos and apartments, lobbys ...

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP does have a point though, particularly when the offending smoker is obese, covered in tattoos, wearing a wife-beater that shows underarm hair you could platt, grungy shorts with one ball hanging out, black socks, crocks, and swigging on a large Chang. blink.png

Ahnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......................................

post-41816-0-96126400-1384593456_thumb.j...........whistling.gif

The OP does have a point though, particularly when the offending smoker is obese, covered in tattoos, wearing a wife-beater that shows underarm hair you could platt, grungy shorts with one ball hanging out, black socks, crocks, and swigging on a large Chang. blink.png

I sincerely apologise for my appearance, I know it should have been a can of Chang.

• Like 2

Welcome to Soi Bouakao! MS>clap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

I sincerely apologise for my appearance, I know it should have been a can of Chang.

I'm glad you picked up on my point. Yes, dressed as described above and swigging on a can of Chang has decidedly more decorum than chugging on a large bottle. I hope more of these slobs convert to cans and exude more style. facepalm.gif

• Like 2

My question to smokers is, how does it feel to be too weak to quit. I smoked non-filters for 20 + years. I certainly know it is not easy to quit. I also know that about 90% of smokers secretly admit to not enjoying smoking or the addiction it manifests.

• Like 2

My question to smokers is, how does it feel to be too weak to quit. I smoked non-filters for 20 + years. I certainly know it is not easy to quit. I also know that about 90% of smokers secretly admit to not enjoying smoking or the addiction it manifests.

You haven't spoken to me yet then. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

One of those great freedoms we have in Pattaya and more generally in Asia. Many of us moved here to get away from the nanny state. Now most restaurants don't allow smoking--ain't that good 'nuff for you?

I do enjoy lighting up a good cigar now and then, one of life's great pleasures. "The beach , the outdoor restaurants, outside starbucks , smokers ghettos in front of supermarkets , the air around condos and apartments, lobbys ..."--anywhere will do. Get used that wonderful aroma!

"And a woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke."--Kipling

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

The OP does have a point though, particularly when the offending smoker is obese, covered in tattoos,  wearing a wife-beater that shows underarm hair you could platt, grungy shorts with one ball hanging out, black socks, crocks, and swigging on a large Chang.  Posted Image

Yip! As someone else said - the epitome of the quality tourist that Pattaya attracts

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Batman move over - I've got a new hero

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Alaska might be the place for you...................coffee1.gif

I hear the air is pretty fresh in the Himalayas. Great organic bean shoots as well.

Nope, at least not as you could tell from Kathmandu.

Almost never saw the Himalayas while living there, despite their proximity, due to the haze from the brick making operations.

Same in Pokhara: stayed in a hotel with a spectacular view of Annapurna, and when I marveled at it, one of the hotel staff said we were lucky as it is only rarely visible.

Didn't care for the bean shoots.

Perhaps you may not be aware that an American with 'Chipped Teeth' is from Los Angeles.. SMOG City.

I am a former smoker, my wife still smokes. I get more crap in my lungs in Pattaya from Diesel Fumes & the Noxious other fumes permeating the Air.

The Himalayas is NOT the clear air as stated by another poster , the Pollution from the Clay Brick making is horrendous, not even going near the air of some other places , like Budapest , Sydney , London , Beijing , Paris , Venice ,Rotterdam etc.

I believe it may be the physical appearance of the actual 'smoker' you may be referring to. Isn't that Discrimanation ??

Boy , there are worse things more deadly in Pattaya. Guns, Knives, Machetes, Gangs , Muggers , Drivers etc.

Live your life don't just exist

coffee1.gif

Edited by Ohio
  • Like 1

Actually have noticed smoking amongst expats is way down. Went into a smoky pub the other night - but no smell? Turns out they had a smoke machine for the DJ - party on. 40 - 50 farangs, not one smoker.

Also, only smoker in Jamesons one night recently, was heading outside for a fag (and a cigarette! ;-))

• Like 1

I know. For Gawd's sake, at least put the Chang in a paper bag.

Oi! I resemble that remark! well, swigging on a large Chang anyway.

I smoke, I like it! I aint quitting!

On the plus side for you, I wouldn't be seen dead in Pattaya!

Edited by fasteddie
  • Like 1