Rent a Violin?

theophila

Hello, musicians! I have been all over the city (literally, spent the last 6 hours looking and calling), so maybe you can help me out.

Where can I rent a violin in Chiang Mai? A friend is in town - fantastic violinist/fiddler, depending on what he's playing, but left his violin with family in Guangzhou - and we're looking to rent for a few days.

Contacts, shops, schools, etc. appreciated. If you own one and are willing to lend it or let him rent one from you, I'd also appreciate it.

PM me if it's a private party, and you don't want personal info/phone number displayed.

Maybe contact Santi Music School? The website mentions rentals, but not specifically violins although they do teach violin there. You can google them or here is their contact information:

22/3 Sirimangkhalajarn Rd. Soi.5 (Near Kad Suan Kaew A.Muang, Chiang Mai 50200
Tel.053-224344,083-0411554

Maybe contact Santi Music School? The website mentions rentals, but not specifically violins although they do teach violin there. You can google them or here is their contact information:

22/3 Sirimangkhalajarn Rd. Soi.5 (Near Kad Suan Kaew A.Muang, Chiang Mai 50200

Tel.053-224344,083-0411554

I rented a fiddle from them a couple years ago for an event, they were very nice about it all and according to the violin player the instrument was of good quality.